Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #16
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

I know that drug will work, but u gotta take it for the rest of your life, if u stop ur hair falls out and it falls out fast. So im trying to keep my hair and scalp healthy with this product and take the DHT off my hair and scalp to at least give my hair a fighting chance.

Im driving a lancer right now, not a BMW, when im driving a BMW THEN i know i can afford a drug to stop hair loss or transplant.
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #17
sirex
King Sirex

tommy, im in the same boat as you man. Im getting stressed out about and i think its making it worse as well. pretty depressing thinking about this shit.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #18
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
tommy, im in the same boat as you man. Im getting stressed out about and i think its making it worse as well. pretty depressing thinking about this shit.
Stress increases testosterone, and will actually speed up hair loss.
So try to chill out.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Should have never shaved your head bald like you did in HS jinxed yourself

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

dave you cant comment in this thread, last i saw u have dreads and lots of hair.....show off!!

Old 04-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #21
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

dave you cant comment in this thread, last i saw u have dreads and lots of hair.....show off!!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I know that drug will work, but u gotta take it for the rest of your life, if u stop ur hair falls out and it falls out fast. So im trying to keep my hair and scalp healthy with this product and take the DHT off my hair and scalp to at least give my hair a fighting chance.

Im driving a lancer right now, not a BMW, when im driving a BMW THEN i know i can afford a drug to stop hair loss or transplant.
to put it into perspective, a months supply of finasteride from xandrox.com is 25 dollars, 30 with shipping. From what I've seen, a DHT-removing shampoo like Nizoral is close to as expensive as that. I mean, the marginal cost increase leads to a huge difference in effectiveness. Just my .02.... Also consider that the most effective drug on the market can only promise you to keep whatever hair you have, and even then only for 80% of people. The more you delay, the more you lose permanently. And you won't have to take it for the rest of your life, in 10 years there will be a MUCH more effective solution out there.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #23
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

ive been doing a lot of research on this for the past few months...

from what i have learned
dihydrotestosterone(DHT) is a more potent derivative of testosterone. the enzyme 5-alpha reductase is the main culprit...too much of it = too much DHT production.

DHT chokes hair follicles till death!

i think the enzyme that turns testosterone into DHT is produced in the prostate or pituitary gland of the brain.

you couldnt be a man if you dont have DHT. but too much of it is detrimental.

nizoral shampoo contain ketokortizoid or something like that...it isnt really effective to DHT as its designed to kill fungi.

Saw palmetto is an herbal extract to improve urinary tracts and keeps prostate levels down...along those lines. reduced DHT production.

minoxidil only removes DHT, but wont prevent it. temporary relief.

Finesteride, or Propecia is a drug that inhibits the production of 5-alpha reductase (enzyme that turns testosterone into DHT). since it messes with your physiology...its not over the counter!

its very stressful. i've been freaking out about it too. but shit what can i do? hair transplant? wait for a maracle cure?

personally i think the only really way to stop this issue is to remove whatever produces the enzme!!! but then im sure that will stop you from being a man...so there probably wont be a real solution to this problem.....

do what im doing...go to the gym and get diesed. have a solid body and bam bald is nothing if women can offroad on your torso.

Last edited by El Gato Liso; 04-13-2010 at 08:44 PM.
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #24
daytona
6th Gear Member

you want women....show them the money..simple as that...you should see all the trophy wives around Forest Hill........
Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #25
sirex
King Sirex

Ya I heard about propecia, I think thats the one my doctor was going to prescribe to me. ya i dont want to take drugs....
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #26
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
ive been doing a lot of research on this for the past few months...

from what i have learned
dihydrotestosterone(DHT) is a more potent derivative of testosterone. the enzyme 5-alpha reductase is the main culprit...too much of it = too much DHT production.

DHT chokes hair follicles till death!

i think the enzyme that turns testosterone into DHT is produced in the prostate or pituitary gland of the brain.

you couldnt be a man if you dont have DHT. but too much of it is detrimental.

nizoral shampoo contain ketokortizoid or something like that...it isnt really effective to DHT as its designed to kill fungi.

Saw palmetto is an herbal extract to improve urinary tracts and keeps prostate levels down...along those lines. reduced DHT production.

minoxidil only removes DHT, but wont prevent it. temporary relief.

Finesteride, or Propecia is a drug that inhibits the production of 5-alpha reductase (enzyme that turns testosterone into DHT). since it messes with your physiology...its not over the counter!

its very stressful. i've been freaking out about it too. but shit what can i do? hair transplant? wait for a maracle cure?

personally i think the only really way to stop this issue is to remove whatever produces the enzme!!! but then im sure that will stop you from being a man...so there probably wont be a real solution to this problem.....

do what im doing...go to the gym and get diesed. have a solid body and bam bald is nothing if women can offroad on your torso.

Finasteride is a pseudo-prescription drug. It's practically over the counter....you can order it from the states without ever seeing a doctor. The side effects are mild and effect very few people. But yes, it is a drug and yes, it can have side effects. Works better than anythign else out there, though
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #27
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

or wash your hair with water, shampoo with a dht free shampoo, every second day.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #28
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
ya i dont want to take drugs....
I don't blame you. It's like doctors don't even try anymore - many are too quick to throw people on pretty hardcore meds. Fix one problem, create two more...
Nick_V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #29
daytona
6th Gear Member

There no such thing as DHT blocking shampoo......
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #30
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
Finasteride is a pseudo-prescription drug. It's practically over the counter....you can order it from the states without ever seeing a doctor. The side effects are mild and effect very few people. But yes, it is a drug and yes, it can have side effects. Works better than anythign else out there, though
Don't by any drug over the internet please, you don't know where its coming from.

Finasteride was initially used solely to treat men with enlarged prostates and then later discovered it could also be used used for male patter baldness. They both work by the same biochemical mechanism.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: