Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) Removing Shampoo?

Any one know of a good Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) Removing Shampoo?
I know of Nioxin, but that crap is like 50 bucks.
Anything at a rexall or shoppers that are similiar to Nioxin, but not insanely overpriced?

thank you
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

I'm just kinda curious here, you want a testosterone removing Shampoo?

I'm not sure if I follow here, but, what the hell does that do? Is this for the purpose of become more womanly? or just to speed up the formation of a bald spot?

Sorry lol, just totally clueless here

edit: NVM,, just googled it, i guess its to prevent hair loss...

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Has this stuff been proven to work?? I highly doubt it, unless it seeps in through your skin into the hair follicles.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

Wat it does is removes DHT from the base of hair follicules on ur scalp. DHT on the scalp creates a bad environment for hair to grow and therefore aids in the speed up of hair loss.

It doesnt decrease testosterone Miro. It removes the build up on the scalp.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #5
arek
3rd Gear Member

tommy boy-

Nioxin is available in Winners for like $15 bucks, i bought 10 bottles last time I was there.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
arek
3rd Gear Member

I also started taking rogaine,

But - I had a bad side effect... Due to its nature of increasing blood flow (Minoxidil). I had a very intense headache/migraine, it felt like my head was going to explode, and I fell into a panic attack, and it was the worst night I ever had... (make a long story short.. lol)

so, I have stopped taking it.

Im pretty much ready to pony up $15,000 in the next 5 years when i imagine I will be really thin, if it happens.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
daytona
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
Has this stuff been proven to work?? I highly doubt it, unless it seeps in through your skin into the hair follicles.
snake oil..there is no such thing as DHT shampoo removal...save your money and do a transplant.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
^^ Not that I need it. I'm just a science freak so I'm curious. I'll look into it.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Wat it does is removes DHT from the base of hair follicules on ur scalp. DHT on the scalp creates a bad environment for hair to grow and therefore aids in the speed up of hair loss.

It doesnt decrease testosterone Miro. It removes the build up on the scalp.
Thanks for the explanation, I should tell my buddy about this, he's quite thin up top... question is though, this probably doesn't work to reverse the effect, only to slow it?

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
maroli
6th Gear Member

jeez guys, just get finasteride (generic propecia). You don't even NEED a prescription to order from the states.

www.xandrox.com Finasteride is THE most effective hair loss treatment, even minoxidil at 5% like you get in rogain extra strength DOES NOT work for most people. Finasteride gives you over 80% chance at keeping whatever hair you have, meaning even with the most effective hair loss treatment, you probably won't see any regrowth. However, if you combine finasteride with a very high percentage minoxidil lotion (like the xandrox 15%) you may regrow hair. just go to that website, you can order whatever and its very reasonable.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
MarkD
Banned

What do you guys need that stuff for anyway?
Hair on your head isn't exactly required, and these days it seems everyone shaves their chest, back, nads, etc. so what's the reason to spend money for hair on your head?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #12
sirex
King Sirex

Yo Im glad someone posted this cuz I think Im going bald too.. Ive noticed thinning on the top of my head, and alot more hairs falling out when I shower then use to.. Its weird cuz it started like 2 months ago... I got a docs appointment next week..

****. I suck with women now, imagine when Im bald, LOL..
Old 04-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
What do you guys need that stuff for anyway?
Hair on your head isn't exactly required, and these days it seems everyone shaves their chest, back, nads, etc. so what's the reason to spend money for hair on your head?
its because hair on ur head = appealing and a healthy head of hair = looking young. No body wants to look old and bald and stressed out (not that bald or old ppl are necessarily stressed out) im just saying hair on ur head = good thing vs. no hair on ur head. And... psychologically we are attracted towards ppl who have fuller hair... ask your self if you would be attracted to a women with thinning hair, keep in mind this refers to attraction at first sight and does not involve knowing the person or their personality and being attracted to them for that reason... and why spend so much money for hair??? i dunno maybe same reason we blow loads on our e30s and e36's and e46s...cus it makes us happy and cus we care or have an interest in the matter.
gotcurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
Tommy Boy
bAaAM!

Those pills you can buy WORK, BUT, AND THIS IS A BIG BUTT (like lopez's) the SECOND you stop taking it, ur hair falls out to the point where it should be, so u need to take it FOREVER...AND EVER....

I heard it explained like this.....

A good crop wont grow in shitty soil. So Im hoping Nioxin or similiar products take the DHT off my scalp and make my scalp healthier so my thinning hair( that i notice, but apparently EVERYONE ELSE around me doesnt notice) has a fighting chance to be healthy and regrow and not fall on the ground...

I also just got back from picking up the NIOXIN products from winners, they were 29.99 each. Shampoo and conditioner. IT WAS REALLY SHITTY HAVING TO PAY 67 bucks for shampOOP and conditioner, but its 1000 ML each, so it better last at least 6 months

Last edited by Tommy Boy; 04-09-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added more
Old 04-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #15
maroli
6th Gear Member

I can guarantee you that you will not stop or reverse male pattern balding by using a shampoo. I already stated that the only drug that is effective at doing that for most people is finasteride...and using it in conjuction with minoxidil helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: