Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 AM   #1
WesleyVocino
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to WesleyVocino
Need headlights for e46 m3 2004 (any pre-facelift e46 coupe)

Hello,
Like the title says, I need headlights for my e46 m3. Basically any headlights from a pre-facelift e46). If any one has any available please pm or reply to this post. If anyone has any ideas or knows where I can get some, please share!!!
Thx in advance!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Renboy
3rd Gear Member

I'm almost positive the '99-'01 coupes only had xenon headlights with push in corners while all m3's had bi-xenon with screw in corners. Maybe someone that knows more can chime in.
Renboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
WesleyVocino
2nd Gear Member

I believe so but if that is the only difference I'm willing to Change my corners with whatever I could get. Thx for the reply!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #4
Renboy
3rd Gear Member

I would wait if possible, I wouldn't give up the bi-xenon function if I didn't absolutely have to.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
WesleyVocino
2nd Gear Member

I wish I had bi-xenon but I have depos at the moment. They do not auto adjust and one of my bulbs broke. Instead of buying a new bulb for 150 bucks im kind of trying to find some xenon auto adjusting headlights. I found some depos with the LED angel eyes, on ebay some say auto adjust and other mention nothing. I am wondering if the ones that say they do auto adjust are errors.

Does anyone know if the new generation of DEPO headlights auto adjust? I have been searching the net for 2 days and are running out of patience!!! I would be extremely content with OEM xenon or bi-xenon. Please let me know if you have any!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
Renboy
3rd Gear Member

Do you have the level sensors attached to the front and rear control arms? There's one on the front, and one on the rear, I just can't remember which side they're on now. There are no aftermarket headlights that auto level afaik, and the ones that come with angel eyes are crappy angel eyes. Again, I could be wrong here, but if you get prefacelifted SEDAN headlights, and new coupe lenses, that will work also. I think it's khoalty that sells the lenses new for $72/pair. As far as angel eyes are concerned, I would only get khoalty rings, basically the same quality as umnitza, 1/3 the price.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
WesleyVocino
2nd Gear Member

Thx for the info. My auto adjusting levelers are under the car. I called a shop (bimmian), and supposively the only depo headlights with auto adjust are the sedan ones. Are you sure that pre-facelift sedan headlights would fit my m3 just by changing the lenses? The coupe lenses would fit onto the sedan headlights? Thx!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
Renboy
3rd Gear Member

I'm almost positive I've read that. Do a search on fanatics or bimmerforums to be sure though. If you have the levelers already then there's no point getting aftermarket ones imo. I didn't know about the adjusting depo lights...learn something new.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
WesleyVocino
2nd Gear Member

Thats what the site said, unless its an error. I actually am checking on m3forums and there seems to be some available, xenon and bi-xenon. Hope something comes through!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: