Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #31
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I've almost hit pedestrians twice when they get off the streetcars.

driving up beside it, looking for pedestrians on the right crossing the intersection, wham, doors swing open, streetcar honks his horn, I slam on the brakes a few feet from the ****tards.

Very unsafe.
I've heard a story about someone waiting in the right lane behind a streetcar at a stop, the door's weren't opening after a few minutes so they decided to go, just then the doors swing open, the driver steps out and a cop pulls around the corner and gives a ticket.

Streetcars are one of the biggest reasons I stay away from downtown, well that and the constant construction and retarded road layout. You know you failed at designing a road when there are 5 or 6 traffic lights at an intersection and you don't know which lights apply to you. I forgot exactly where this was, but it was somewhere near the lake a bit west of downtown, I damn near crashed because I thought I was supposed to go when my light was actually red.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #32
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
I dont give a crap about public transit. I hardly ever use it.
that is probably the same attitude the politicians have. that's why this whole city is going to shambles. its not the attitude to have. i don't use it much either but i still want it to be good. and problems in public transportation have an effect on the driving situation as well, so its not only a problem for people who use the ttc, its something that everyone should care about.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #33
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
everything but the streetcars seems reasonable

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #34
daytona
6th Gear Member

Rossi or Ford for my vote,but Im a bit nervous on Ford's some times erratic personal life.Screw the left wing politicians and the unions ever bitching about respect (money).How can a fricking trash collector makes more money than most College educated students?.I seen so many times city workers overstaffing to do mundane jobs and even saw 3 TTC workers carrying two garbage bags with one running shot gun..LOL......
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #35
E36is
'OldSchool..'

Im definitely glad im out of the GTA now!

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/b...l-picture.aspx

"If the plan is not met, and we don't get those other sources of revenue, then we will require monetization of city assets and significant service adjustments." The alternative would be property tax increases peaking at 12% next year, said Mr. Weldon.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #36
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
Rossi or Ford for my vote,but Im a bit nervous on Ford's some times erratic personal life.Screw the left wing politicians and the unions ever bitching about respect (money).How can a fricking trash collector makes more money than most College educated students?.I seen so many times city workers overstaffing to do mundane jobs and even saw 3 TTC workers carrying two garbage bags with one running shot gun..LOL......
I'd like to know why the street cleaners were out on Easter Sunday and Monday. What did they have to pay them for that, triple overtime?
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #37
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
I'd like to know why the street cleaners were out on Easter Sunday and Monday. What did they have to pay them for that, triple overtime?
Probably, city employees are ridiculously overpaid for what they do. Last summer my gf worked at one of those round wading pools, she always worked with someone else and was never supervised. All she had to do was clean and fill the pool, then sit around and supervise the usual 5 or 6 kids that went there. She got paid $17 an hour. That's for an entry level part time job. And of course since there was no supervision she would take long lunch breaks and leave early on slow days while still getting paid for a full day.

Oh yea, and her boss at that job and current job (both with the city) are both completely inept and can't even manage their employees' schedules. That's why our city has money problems.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #38
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
Probably, city employees are ridiculously overpaid for what they do. Last summer my gf worked at one of those round wading pools, she always worked with someone else and was never supervised. All she had to do was clean and fill the pool, then sit around and supervise the usual 5 or 6 kids that went there. She got paid $17 an hour. That's for an entry level part time job. And of course since there was no supervision she would take long lunch breaks and leave early on slow days while still getting paid for a full day.

Oh yea, and her boss at that job and current job (both with the city) are both completely inept and can't even manage their employees' schedules. That's why our city has money problems.
Just goes to show that even if you are not Adam Giamboner "f@cking the dog" you can be any other city empolyee and still get to F@ck the dog at work.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #39
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytona View Post
ive said in the the previous mayoral candidate thread, rob ford is truly one hell of a guy.

and as i said in the previous thread i personally know the guy (he was my coach on our highschool football team which he funded) imagine that... someone sees a school in a very rough neighbourhood, what does he do? spends thousands and thousands of dollars on football equipment so kids since 2003 and onward could play football.

hes always mentioned during practices and team meetings he himself came up through a rough neigbourhood and grew up with a lot of family issues. but he overcame those and taught everyone on our team some valuable life lessons. hes a great mentor. hes mentioned hundreds of times he dreams of becoming prime minister of canada.

now i havnt seen him in around 5 years but i heard that program is doing very well and 2-3 years ago they were one win away from winning the metro bowl.

my opinion might sound a little biased, but im taking the stand of what this guy could do for our city. and if his spending budget of zero dollars is his really small way of putting dollars back into tax payers pockets and noone else on council can do that. hes watching over a lot of people out there.

hands his number out to everybody in his ward and sometimes even outside of his ward. hes even told us (players) that if were ever ever in trouble with the law school parents what ever to give him a call at any time of the night.
from what swung around the grape vine he picked up a student that was stuck all the way in barrie....... at 2 in the morning...

sooo.. i can imagine mayor david miller would never do that for somebody even one of his friends.

but rob ford did it for a student..

hes got my vote
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #40
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
If you think the transit system here is going to improve even a smidgen you need to wake up and realize it will never happen in your lifetime.

Instead of sitting here and hoping I advise you to open your eyes and realize that even Montreal has a more reliable transit system, much wider roads and better infrastructure while over 1 million people live on the island compared to Toronto's 3 million who live in the city limits

Montrea's metro: (This picture is wrong, the Henri-Bourassa line was extended into Laval in 2004 by SNC-Lavalin).. Toronto? Bueller? Bueller?.....

Montrea's buses run 24 hours on Maisonnuve and St. Catherine sts, also.

Montreal's wide 1 way streets which allow people to double park and not impede on general flow of traffic (aka NYC)

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 04-08-2010 at 05:22 PM.
BMW_7 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: