Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
Spalz-_-e36
2nd Gear Member

broken back windshield :(

my brother went through car wash yesterday and it shattered his back window! spoke with the manager of the gas station and he said that his car wash is not faulty blah blah blah you enter at your own risk...long story short he said he wont pay for it. left off saying the deductible for windows is $50 which he agreed to pay + insurance rate wont go up.

we called our insurance and they said because he didn't have full coverage they are not covering it.

before we figure out what we're going to do about the situation, does anyone know of a good place which is not too expensive to fix a back window. its an Acura RSX 2002. since its a long weekend, we only got a hold of one window repair shop and he quoted 1800 which seems ridiculously high so i was wondering if anyone here had an idea of a reasonable price we should be looking at. (not sure if 1800 is average or not) considering the back window of an RSX is pretty big.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalz-_-e36 View Post
my brother went through car wash yesterday and it shattered his back window! spoke with the manager of the gas station and he said that his car wash is not faulty blah blah blah you enter at your own risk...long story short he said he wont pay for it. left off saying the deductible for windows is $50 which he agreed to pay + insurance rate wont go up.

we called our insurance and they said because he didn't have full coverage they are not covering it.

before we figure out what we're going to do about the situation, does anyone know of a good place which is not too expensive to fix a back window. its an Acura RSX 2002. since its a long weekend, we only got a hold of one window repair shop and he quoted 1800 which seems ridiculously high so i was wondering if anyone here had an idea of a reasonable price we should be looking at. (not sure if 1800 is average or not) considering the back window of an RSX is pretty big.

Thanks
call up sameer he works for x press glass 647 299 4065 he is also a max member goes by the username got curry. im not sure if they do rear windows but it doesn't hurt to call.
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
4A-GE
2nd Gear Member

if $1800 to repair a rear window.. i would hit the junk yard and find a used hatch...

4A-GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #4
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Find used glass, and get someone to install it...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #5
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

For that price you could easily just find a hatch somewhere and replace the whole thing, if you get the same colour it probably won't cost any more than a few hundred bucks.

BTW: **** car washes, my friend lost his antenna in one, and I got my driver's side window badly scratched up last time I went.

Last edited by Mad Cow; 04-05-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
hosty
323i???

^ thats why you hand wash your own car.

Don't be lazy
hosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #7
gotcurry
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
call up sameer he works for x press glass 647 299 4065 he is also a max member goes by the username got curry. im not sure if they do rear windows but it doesn't hurt to call.
Thnx zach!!

I spoke with him today and matt I can tell you it won't be costing you anything near $1800. I'll have the price for you first thing in the morning.
If anyone else needs a price for a glass pls call. If I'm unable to answer, do leave a number so I can return ur call.
gotcurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: