Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
jackadoo
1st Gear Newbie

Looking for a Transport Service

Just bought a car located in Sydney Nova Scotia. Any recommendations on a transport company to bring it to Ontario for me? How much would transport cost or should I fly out and drive home? Its an 84 Rabbit GTI in mint condition and would make the drive no problem but I'm not sure I'm up for 21 hours in 26 year old technology that makes the e30 318is that I just got rid of seem positively Jetson-like.

I saw the transport review site in the sticky re: importing from the states but that seemed to be focused on US states.

Thanks
jackadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
fitter527
hates chrome

shipping your car

haha.my hometown is actually 15 mins from sydney.i know my cousin shipped his car from sydney to vancouver by rail a few years ago.i think it was with VIA rail.if i do remember correctly it cost him just over $1000 and that was twice as far as you have to go.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
jackadoo
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks - If you were into Euro cars back home, you may know the mechanic I bought the car from - European Solutions - Richard's Auto Service. Bought the car based on photos and a positive report from a contact that looked at it in person so I'm a bit nervous and a lot excited. Same car I had in high school 20 years ago.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
uzi577
RUNING BOOST

Driving is Cool

Go for a ride, man
With a weather like this, you are crazy to pass that opportunity.
If you go thru U.S is it even shorter.
If you looking to transport a car, I heard about it, never done it.
You can pay(gas and food expenses) a person to drive it for you.
uzi577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
fitter527
hates chrome

i drove down last summer.its a long haul though,24 hours.i had my wife take over the wheel a few times so i could get a rest.i couldnt rest though,i was too scared she was gonna destroy the car.i only taught her to drive stick a week before the trip down.but we made it there and back with no problems.
actually a week after we got back the water pump went on the way to work.im glad it didnt happen in quebec or some remote place.
i know the place you bought it from but ive never dealt with them personally.you should make the trip down and make a vacation out of it.stop in downtown halifax,what a place to party.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
DAM
Trinational 951

check out searail, used them a few years back, think it was 500 from vancouver to here
Old 04-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #7
TopSpeed
3rd Gear Member

How about Hansen's ...?

I know my cousin bought a car from NB before and there was a guy that does bi-weekly trips between NB and TO so you might want to contact Impact Auto Auctions for the name of the guy. He didn't pay much and the car was delivered on time and just as described. PM me for details if you would consider.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
marek
5th Gear Member

I've used Mike's Transport several times with no issues. They specialized in NS-ON car transport.
marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #9
Nguyen_E30
0011 0001 1000

fly over. not that expensive. drive it home.
Nguyen_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
jackadoo
1st Gear Newbie

thanks for all of the replies guys. I've got a few online quotes. So far the best is an open truck, depot to depot move for $798 but I'm not sure if the seller will be willing to drive to the depot. Flight one way is about $350 and a day off work (no cheap evening flights) plus 2000km on the car.

I've emailed Hansen's and will google Mikes.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

i use hansons on a daily basis to ship our cars to and from bmw dealers across Canada. very competitive pricing.
hansons will pick the car up right form the persons house aswell

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: