Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674


Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
And what are they hassling you for?
There is a rhyme and reason behind everything.
yeah like over 1000 cops making over $100K a year in the gta might be one legitimate reason why citizens are being hassled.
thats alot of wallet sucking action going on..

on top of how they just quadrupled some motor vehicle fines.
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
yeah like over 1000 cops making over $100K a year in the gta might be one legitimate reason why citizens are being hassled.
thats alot of wallet sucking action going on..

on top of how they just quadrupled some motor vehicle fines.
None of this has to do with the rules the government has set out for people to follow.

And having family members as police officers, they deserve every penny they bring home. ( you can not judge the few bad apples out there on the majority of good officers)

Also, the police union have a cap just like any other union. MY guess is that those 1000 are officers that have been on the force along time and/or are very educated and hold high ranking positions.
325isdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 PM   #18
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
And what are they hassling you for?
There is a rhyme and reason behind everything.
1) Driver went on holidays and left his log book in the cab of the truck. We went through the truck and seen his log book sitting there. We copied 14 days of log entries and placed his log book back in the cab.
Two weeks later he gets pulled into a scale for inspection. They held him there for 1.5hrs could find nothing wrong with the truck or our running authorities.

However they decided to fine the driver $350 for not handing in his log book. They also charged the company for the same amount for not asking for original copies of the log sheets. Also they tack on administration fees to all the fines.

2) During a stop in Windsor we got a fine for incorrect license plate info on driver log sheet. He got a fine a few weeks back for $149 reason being he inputted down the trucks license number however forgot to add “ON” for Ontario.
That same time the company got a fine for not having a rear plate on back of the truck, however the plate was located on the back of the cab. According to the authorities that is a legal location; however someone forgot to mention this to the MTO officer.

The truck drove down the highway and got pulled into the scales in Ajax, this time no fines.

For 4 weeks no problem then the same driver got pulled over again and got the same fine he put down ON and the truck plate number in his log. However the new officer said he has to put down “ONT” for Ontario not ON. However according to the Canadian post office “ON” stands for Ontario. To the MTO officer it stands for Ontario located in California. I spoke to the issuing officer and was puzzled because I did not know that California was a country and Ontario was one of its States.

3) End of the same week another driver got pulled over, after a 2 hour inspection and nothing wrong with our equipment the driver was fined for not noticing that on the side of the truck we have a number issued by the United States Department of Transportation should read “US DOT#123456” and not “DOT#123456” we were missing the letter US in front of DOT. Fines totaled $300.

4) During a snow storm one of our trucks was forced off the highway with other vehicles, MTO shut off the highway because of zero visibility. Six hours later they opened the highway. Thirty kilometers down the road the truck was pulled over by the OPP. There was snow on top of the trailer and should be cleaned off before the truck moved. The driver was fined and the company also for not giving the driver appropriate tools to remove the snow off a trailer. After $400 in fines he was allowed to proceed down the highway.

This was just in one week. Our government is hurting for money and MTO Officers are told to start issuing fines or lose their jobs.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
MY guess is that those 1000 are officers that have been on the force along time.......
Your guess is wrong. These are regular uniformed officers who get extra money to go to court and fight tickets that they issue out.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #20
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
1) Driver went on holidays and left his log book in the cab of the truck. We went through the truck and seen his log book sitting there. We copied 14 days of log entries and placed his log book back in the cab.
Two weeks later he gets pulled into a scale for inspection. They held him there for 1.5hrs could find nothing wrong with the truck or our running authorities.

However they decided to fine the driver $350 for not handing in his log book. They also charged the company for the same amount for not asking for original copies of the log sheets. Also they tack on administration fees to all the fines.

2) During a stop in Windsor we got a fine for incorrect license plate info on driver log sheet. He got a fine a few weeks back for $149 reason being he inputted down the trucks license number however forgot to add “ON” for Ontario.
That same time the company got a fine for not having a rear plate on back of the truck, however the plate was located on the back of the cab. According to the authorities that is a legal location; however someone forgot to mention this to the MTO officer.

The truck drove down the highway and got pulled into the scales in Ajax, this time no fines.

For 4 weeks no problem then the same driver got pulled over again and got the same fine he put down ON and the truck plate number in his log. However the new officer said he has to put down “ONT” for Ontario not ON. However according to the Canadian post office “ON” stands for Ontario. To the MTO officer it stands for Ontario located in California. I spoke to the issuing officer and was puzzled because I did not know that California was a country and Ontario was one of its States.

3) End of the same week another driver got pulled over, after a 2 hour inspection and nothing wrong with our equipment the driver was fined for not noticing that on the side of the truck we have a number issued by the United States Department of Transportation should read “US DOT#123456” and not “DOT#123456” we were missing the letter US in front of DOT. Fines totaled $300.

4) During a snow storm one of our trucks was forced off the highway with other vehicles, MTO shut off the highway because of zero visibility. Six hours later they opened the highway. Thirty kilometers down the road the truck was pulled over by the OPP. There was snow on top of the trailer and should be cleaned off before the truck moved. The driver was fined and the company also for not giving the driver appropriate tools to remove the snow off a trailer. After $400 in fines he was allowed to proceed down the highway.

This was just in one week. Our government is hurting for money and MTO Officers are told to start issuing fines or lose their jobs.

TO me this doesn't have to do with the rule that are in place but people not knowing what to do.

The rules are there as guidelines. The trick is to get everyone to play by the proper rules.

Everything in the "enforcement world" is changing fast. Very many people do not know or are not upto date on the changes.

Regardless of fines, if you were in the right and obeyed the rules, those fines should be dropped if you have the proof, ie the proper legislation.
325isdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:51 PM   #21
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
Your guess is wrong. These are regular uniformed officers who get extra money to go to court and fight tickets that they issue out.
Well I know with my sister they have changed the rules on going to court and getting paid.
325isdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #22
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Everything in the "enforcement world" is changing fast. Very many people do not know or are not upto date on the changes.

Regardless of fines, if you were in the right and obeyed the rules, those fines should be dropped if you have the proof, ie the proper legislation.
Everything is changing fast however if I make a mistake I get a fine and it costs me money. If the government official makes a mistake I have to go to court to fight the ticket, their mistake still costs me time and money.

What do those fines have to do with safety? To me that's just harassment by the government. The government should train their people and if there is a mistake made on their end they should be held accountable. However they are not. There is no system that holds individuals accountable for their actions. If my employee makes a mistake it costs them time or money, why? Because they are held accountable.

If a government employee makes a mistake they are on leave with pay. After a few months they go back to work like nothing really happened. Working for the government is like winning the Lottery.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #23
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
Everything is changing fast however if I make a mistake I get a fine and it costs me money. If the government official makes a mistake I have to go to court to fight the ticket, their mistake still costs me time and money.

What do those fines have to do with safety? To me that's just harassment by the government. The government should train their people and if there is a mistake made on their end they should be held accountable. However they are not. There is no system that holds individuals accountable for their actions. If my employee makes a mistake it costs them time or money, why? Because they are held accountable.

If a government employee makes a mistake they are on leave with pay. After a few months they go back to work like nothing really happened. Working for the government is like winning the Lottery.


This happens for anything. I, the small dog, am pretty much at the mercy of big corporations like Rogers, Ford ... who ever. Trying to get something from them is like pulling teeth.

What you have to do is write to MPs and the such when stuff happens. It sucks, but you have to. IT is the only way they know something is happening. You have to put specific details like location, officers name,the incident...

The next best thing is to know exactly which legislation you are working the most under, than read it and get to know it and if you have to, know it better than the officer and quote it, if you have to. But being polite is the key.

Pay with leave is only a police deal I believe. I know Customs Officers do not get pay when they are suspended. Most other federal workers also do not get paid if suspended. They are part of a union but not the all powerful Police Union.
325isdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #24
SamE30e
6th Gear Member
 
SamE30e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milton
Posts: 2,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
I disagree with you, I don’t know you personally and your age. However we need to complain, it’s getting harder and harder to live in Ontario.

We pay the most in taxes, insurance in Canada just to mention a few. We pay taxes on water that we drink what's next tax the air that we breathe. Our middle class who worked hard and were capable of saving money a decade ago are now having a hard time paying their bills.

The people in our government whether be provincial or Federal don’t care about us. The only thing they care about is their own pockets.
If more people stood up and complained we would be much better off.

I agree with you on that, insurance in this province is retarded. I have to take the bus to work for the next 5 months because I can't afford insurance on my student rate of pay. I actually have to save money to pay for 6 months insurance to drive to school in September because it's a 3 hour bus ride.
It's bullshit.

And the HST tax can blow me.
__________________
91 318is - M50NV (gone)
02 WRB Subaru WRX EJ207 forged, 320 AWHP stock turbo.
85 - 325
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #25
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
I agree with you on that, insurance in this province is retarded. I have to take the bus to work for the next 5 months because I can't afford insurance on my student rate of pay. I actually have to save money to pay for 6 months insurance to drive to school in September because it's a 3 hour bus ride.
It's bullshit.

And the HST tax can blow me.
thats seditious talk! ont gov should Seize all your assets before you use them to rebel or god forbid 'protest'
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #26
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member
 
hockeyfan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Durham Region
Posts: 939
You're allowed to have an opinion....IF your guns are registered.
__________________

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #27
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.
 
PinkieMoscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Thornhill, ON
Posts: 1,659
I pity the fool that disregards the gun registry as being important. Here you guys are complaining about cops that get 100k a year. Say thanks that we have a registry or they would all be getting paid 200K.

Back on topic, this guy is clearly an idiot. There are reasonable and unreasonable ways to "protest". Reasonable ways are painstakingly long and require more effort but are more potent in method.
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:58 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,834
ya we shouldn't complain, because look here guys, look at the poverty in haity. SEE we should be happy that a government loves us, and takes care of us.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #29
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.
 
PinkieMoscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Thornhill, ON
Posts: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
ya we shouldn't complain, because look here guys, look at the poverty in haity. SEE we should be happy that a government loves us, and takes care of us.
^Agreed, I don't understand people that lose respect for the system. It's still a democracy, it's proven every day.(but why post positive news?)
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015