Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Exclamation ont gov seizes home of man that challenged gun laws!

'Katey tells how the Ontario government seized her parents home after her father challenged Canada's gun laws in court'

under the civil remedies act you don't even need to be charged or convicted of a crime to have your assets seized

Old 03-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #2
bmdbley'sBro

nobody huh?

Old 03-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Sorry sweetie, your dad shouldn't have been an asshole and tried to stir shit up. Should have just registered his gun.

They probably shouldn't have taken the house.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
Sorry sweetie, your dad shouldn't have been an asshole and tried to stir shit up. Should have just registered his gun.

They probably shouldn't have taken the house.

so 'unity in silence'? ignorance is strenght? type thing
Old 03-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #5
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
so 'unity in silence'? ignorance is strenght? type thing
he did a stupid thing by showing his displeasure with the gun registry by breaking the law. there are other ways to protest. i still think they shouldn't have taken his house but there are other grown up ways to deal with things. he acted like a little kid.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
325isdan
5th Gear Member

I have zero problem with the registry and I am part of it. I think it is actually to lax.

Plus I believe there is zero fee to renew your PAL or to register a firearm up till May 2010. So ya.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

What does letting your gun license expire got to do with seizing your home. The government is more corrupt then drug and gun pushers themselves.
Give me a break, guilty or not they are taking their home. What is that all about?
Every day the USA is looking better to me, our government is the biggest IDIOTS that I have known.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
What does letting your gun license expire got to do with seizing your home. The government is more corrupt then drug and gun pushers themselves.
Give me a break, guilty or not they are taking their home. What is that all about?
Every day the USA is looking better to me, our government is the biggest IDIOTS that I have known.
i completely agree but that dude dealt with the situation badly. you shouldn't go around proving a point by provoking the law.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
chromius
6th Gear Member

While I think the gun registry is a complete and utter waste of money, and also quite pointless, this guy is an idiot. He TRIED to get arrested while traveling across the country, while putting his family's lively hood in jeopardy. So first off he's extremely irresponsible for potentially leaving his young daughter without a father (great parenting!), and without a home to live in. Second, he got what he wanted, and now him and his family have to deal with the consequences. I have no sympathy for him. That's not the way to fight a law.

Plus if the idiot had just waited a few months, the long gun registry is being abolished anyway because of people who fought the law the proper way.

And just as a heads up, missing from those video's is the fact that that guy WAS convicted, and sentenced to jail.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
While I think the gun registry is a complete and utter waste of money, and also quite pointless, this guy is an idiot. He TRIED to get arrested while traveling across the country, while putting his family's lively hood in jeopardy. So first off he's extremely irresponsible for potentially leaving his young daughter without a father (great parenting!), and without a home to live in. Second, he got what he wanted, and now him and his family have to deal with the consequences. I have no sympathy for him. That's not the way to fight a law.

Plus if the idiot had just waited a few months, the long gun registry is being abolished anyway because of people who fought the law the proper way.

And just as a heads up, missing from those video's is the fact that that guy WAS convicted, and sentenced to jail.
+1 its hard to sympathize with people who don't think things through. i especially agree with your comment about how he jeopardized his family. that's the saddest part.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
325isdan
5th Gear Member

What is the big deal with registering a gun? It super simple and takes zero effort. Unless you consider waiting around ( which it does not take that long ) as effort.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #12
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

People think we live in this huge corrupt society with ****ed politics that are out to get them. How often do you get hassled by the government? Maybe 3-4 times out of a year. Unless you're looking for shit to bother them, you don't get hassled. I'm not complaining, I have a roof over my head, police and healthcare.

Oh yeah, and we're not getting bombed or have civil wars going on.

Stop complaining, if you don't like it, move to the middle east or the US with your tin foil hats.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post

Stop complaining................
I disagree with you, I donít know you personally and your age. However we need to complain, itís getting harder and harder to live in Ontario.

We pay the most in taxes, insurance in Canada just to mention a few. We pay taxes on water that we drink what's next tax the air that we breathe. Our middle class who worked hard and were capable of saving money a decade ago are now having a hard time paying their bills.

The people in our government whether be provincial or Federal donít care about us. The only thing they care about is their own pockets.
If more people stood up and complained we would be much better off.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

[quote=SamE30e;1405163. How often do you get hassled by the government?.[/QUOTE]

At least 2 or 3 times a week depending on what scale the trucks pass.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #15
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
At least 2 or 3 times a week depending on what scale the trucks pass.
And what are they hassling you for?
There is a rhyme and reason behind everything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: