Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-24-2003, 02:58 PM   #1
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
F Ontario Insurance !!!!

Well.....

As everyone else in the province, my rates got raised and I am pist!

Ok... here's the scoop.... I was in a parking lot in Dec and I hit a piece of ice and went into a pole and wrote off my jetta... now my insurance company CAA asked me if I wanted to put a claim through and I said that I did cuz I did not want to put the Bimmer on the road in the winter....I asked how much roughly my insurance would increase and they told me about 10-15% of what it was now.... hmmmmm... i thought.... i was not sure... I spoke to my g/f's broker and he told me not to b/c it would bring me down to a ZERO rating.... I called back CAA and told them that I wanted not to put the claim through and they advised me that it was too late to do that as "once it is in the system , we can not retract it".....

F YOU!

after I calmed down and picked up the pieces of my phone.... I thought and called the Ontario Insurance Omnisman....they advised me that the accident , even though it was on private property and was due to ice that it is still considred an at fault accident....I asked her why the HELL a law like this could be... we all know we live in a cold country....??? anyways... after all that bullshit... I called back and spoke to the head guy in the insurance dept.. he explained to me that he could only help me by giving me what the call "claim forgiveness"...so what that jargon meant to me was that they will not put me down to a zero star rating, but will put me at a 5 star rating instead of my previous 6 star rating... I wayed my options and had no other choice but to take the $$ they were giving me for my car and hope for the best....

well..... let me tell you.....

My insurnace has gone up $1200 a year on one car! my 85 325 e is now going to cost me $2350 (roughly) a year.... last year I paid $1093.... what the F is that SHIT!

I called around to different palces.. some would not touch me and others needed a brooker to negotiate with me.... so i calle dtwo brookers, friends, and they told me that CAA was giving me a great price and that I shouldnot waste time....

so my question to you and the rest of the people in Ontario...

Are we going to put up with this shit any longer?

How can an insurance company raise thier rates for no apparent reason, charge you extreme prices after 1 accident with minimal payout or loss.... why should I go down to a zero star, what about all the good years of driving I have had? What about competing for my business? What happened to the customer's satisfaction?

Whoever brought or voted in NO FAULT is a fool and I wanna kick YOUR ASS!

Think about it.... the Mob gets charged for extorsion, but it is the exact same F'ing thing that insurance companies or banks do to you with all thier increases and fee's... LEGALIZED EXTORSION...!!

When will a company stand behind me and WANT me as their client and do what ever it takes to keep me?

Just anohter reason why CANADA SUKS SHIT! This Province and the rest of the country is for FREE LOADERS! All you little F'ers in Canada protest the WAR and are own F'ing PM will not stand behind it's BIGGEST trading partner and protector I might add... Whaaaaaaiiii!~ Cry Cry.... but I did not see anyone of you protesting F'ers protesting cuz the price of gas went down because of the WAR... go pay full price you C SUKERS!

I love Toronto and the ethinicity here.... I love the natural resources we have... BUT FOR FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.... DO WE HAVE TO SUPPORT EVERYONE AND GET BUM F'ED EVERYDAY!

LISTEN..... do you hear that? Can you hear it? It is getting louder...

IT'S THE SOUND OF CANADA SCREAMING BECAUSE IT'S BEING RAPPED BY IT'S OWN SONS!

punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Welcome to Canada! We're the most ripped of citizens in the world! And yes! The government and the insurance companies seems to be tied together (conspiracy theory), but on the other hand it's true that we need the insurance to provide us protection. Right now, as far as I heard, the insurance companies are kicking out as much automobile customers as possible, which personally I think, it's another scam, the less companies will accept new customers, the more we have to pay, plain and simple! So, F the insurance company but what can we do??
Foc us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:31 PM   #3
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
my insurance on a bmw will be roughly 6 to 8g's a year :O
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:44 PM   #4
punnzzells
Banned

What do we do..... we tell them that we are not going to stand for it....

we organize as a group and bring allegations forward of Extorsion and will full intent to defraud..... can you say CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT..... you may not be American, but it is YOUR right to FIGHT and to SEW!

(we already party)

Mike.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:01 PM   #5
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat
my insurance on a bmw will be roughly 6 to 8g's a year :O
who are you with?? =)
I am the 2nd driver on my vehicle's insurance, but I also pay for my dad's share too which ends up only costing about $2000 a year if even that.

I believe that includes full coverage, 1mil liability, and $500 deductable.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #6
punnzzells
Banned

Cool... Contra... who are you with?

I am on my own... I am an old guy and I have 2 mill coverage all around and a $300 deductible..... I asked if i could lower my coverage to the minimum and increase my deductible to a Grand, and I only saved $194 .... what the F1....

Mike.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:01 PM   #7
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Well, I do believe the Government will start yapping about we need to buy insurance, and insurance will start yapping about their high cost, fraud, claims etc etc...... pfft......they never thought of something called cost cutting in the first place.....
I don't think class action law suit will help much, they'll still provide "carefully accounted" papers to prove everthing, just like normal corporates do!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:26 PM   #8
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
I believe right now I'm with Breckles.
I say 'believe' because my broker has changed it so often in the past year to get better rates I keep losing track =)

Quote:
Originally posted by punnzzells
Cool... Contra... who are you with?

I am on my own... I am an old guy and I have 2 mill coverage all around and a $300 deductible..... I asked if i could lower my coverage to the minimum and increase my deductible to a Grand, and I only saved $194 .... what the F1....

Mike.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 07:16 PM   #9
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

i have had it with insurance, i have two no fault accidents, one minnor, and the other a right off, and both not being my fault. now insurance companies are aloud to kick you off if you have two claims. thats what happend to me, i just got my new quote, with a new company and its $6200 a year for me as a second driver. f**king bull****. sometimes i get really pissed with this country and it stupid rules, i wish there was something i could do.

for example kill these money hungry bastards that make these rediculous rules.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:20 PM   #10
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tiestoE36
i have had it with insurance, i have two no fault accidents, one minnor, and the other a right off, and both not being my fault. now insurance companies are aloud to kick you off if you have two claims. thats what happend to me, i just got my new quote, with a new company and its $6200 a year for me as a second driver. f**king bull****. sometimes i get really pissed with this country and it stupid rules, i wish there was something i could do.

for example kill these money hungry bastards that make these rediculous rules.
This is exactly how they'll scam your money.....they kick you out and when you go for another company, it'll be waaaaay more expensive than previous one. We can't do nuthing about it, the government gave too much power to the companies and they can dlck us around
Old 03-24-2003, 07:23 PM   #11
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
ive got some no-point tickets and im paying 5500$ as a secondary driver.
Mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 07:36 PM   #12
Fernando
2nd Gear Member

Insurance in Ontario

I sympathize with all the people that have gotten f--ked by insc. co.'s in the past.

I'm in the industry, and hate hearing this shit. Folks, its a double sided sword. The industry gets raped by people putting in fraudulent accident benefit claims, and as a result, increases the rates across the board. So the people that have been claims free (myself included) get hit with increases anyway. Results, those without claims get pissed and put in fraudulent claims, hence the rest of the population gets increased again. VICIOUS CIRCLE.
"BTW, I don't mean to say I have ever put in a fraudulent claim".

Next time someone tells you that it's too late to NOT proceed with a claim, tell them to go back to school. Unless there is a payment (indemnity to you), then there is no claim on your policy, UNLESS we are dealing with a liability issue with a third party.

summary,

SHOP AROUND!!!!!!!!! I am an employee of a certain company (supposed to get 30% discount). I just got a quote from TD (Monnex) Insurance and found out it's only $20 more than I currently pay. Ya! Some f--ck'n discount!

Some day at a meet we can discuss this in more detail.

Cheers,

Fern
Old 03-24-2003, 07:38 PM   #13
maverick
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to maverick
Almost same thing happened to me. I nearly ripped off the oil pan on the car when I hit a raised man hole cover because the ground sunk. So I put it through figuring that the property owner would claim responsibility and nothing would be put thrugh on my end. I went to pick up a rental and the insurance lady calls me and says my insurance will go up cause its a at fault accident I was like yea there fault. So I told them not to out the claim through they said it was too late I told them cancel it or cancel my policy so to make a long story shorter they wrote on my policy that I payed all repairs and rental and my insurance didn't go up.... I fought with the propert owner for 4 months and finally got $500 out of them. Its all about the threats of legal action and the proof I had of the condition of the property...I would argue its there fault the property wasn't salted.

PIMP'N AIN'T EASY
especially in a sunturd
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 07:46 PM   #14
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Re: Insurance in Ontario

Quote:
Originally posted by Fernando
The industry gets raped by people putting in fraudulent accident benefit claims, and as a result, increases the rates across the board. So the people that have been claims free (myself included) get hit with increases anyway. Results, those without claims get pissed and put in fraudulent claims, hence the rest of the population gets increased again. VICIOUS CIRCLE.
Some day at a meet we can discuss this in more detail.
See what i mean?? yadiyadayada.....all the mumble jumble from insurance companies.... Can't they just make everything more efficient?? i.e. cut backs in those money sucking execs? Instead, they keep ripping people off for their own companies' interest! I'm pretty sure they can provide us with all those what so called "stats" or "year end reports" which proves they're in tight budget or something and they'll claim they'll have to raise our insurance rates etc etc....THEY HAVE HIGH PAID ACCOUNTANTS TO DO THESE KIND OF THINGS!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 07:57 PM   #15
Fernando
2nd Gear Member

Talking Re: Re: Insurance in Ontario

Quote:
Originally posted by Foc us
See what i mean?? yadiyadayada.....all the mumble jumble from insurance companies.... Can't they just make everything more efficient?? i.e. cut backs in those money sucking execs? Instead, they keep ripping people off for their own companies' interest! I'm pretty sure they can provide us with all those what so called "stats" or "year end reports" which proves they're in tight budget or something and they'll claim they'll have to raise our insurance rates etc etc....
It's called the Ontario Insurance Industry Superintendant Report, and it's published anually. Regarding efficiency, an adjuster at any given time is expected to handle 60-120 active files. Try juggling that! The superintendant's report shows loss ratio, ie:1.05:1.00, meaning $1.00 paid for every $1.05 received which is common.

BTW I don't think you have much to worry about as I don't think your rates reflect those of someone driving a Bimmer!!!

Cheers,

Fern

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: