Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 PM   #16
e30blue
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 298
have a great idea... dont buy them!! yay!!!! anyone remember the 8 series???
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #17
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
The second I saw that line I thought "Rich is gonna murder that guy!"
I just love watching guys like that come to an autocross or track event and get smoked by e30's and e36's. They think they are all that cause they bought a new m3. Most of them can't drive and think they are the shit cause they have a new BMW.

Needless to say many of us choose to buy the older ones cause we like them.

Real drivers don't want everyhing controled by a computer making them think they can drive!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #18
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,694
tell em rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I just love watching guys like that come to an autocross or track event and get smoked by e30's and e36's. They think they are all that cause they bought a new m3. Most of them can't drive and think they are the shit cause they have a new BMW.

Needless to say many of us choose to buy the older ones cause we like them.

Real drivers don't want everyhing controled by a computer making them think they can drive!
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
There's nothing wrong with owning or driving a 1991 318 at all. What it does mean is that "nonlocal" clearly isn't a potential client so he shouldn't be criticizing BMW's production choices. The X6 is totally sold out, can't get enough to meet demand. Same is true of the X5-M that he seems to think is a bad idea.

BMW still makes hardcore cars. Buy a Certified Series M3. It's got a stick, naturally aspirated 8000 RPM, mechanical differential, steel sprung suspension, and crazy brakes. Unless you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, BMW won't give a shit about your opinion. Sorry to disappoint you.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #20
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
Who says because I don't want to buy one I don't have a chance for input on current or up coming models. Sorry to disapoint :p

oh and those "crazy" ones still have a computer that saves your ass cause you think you can drive. The only true cars they build are the track models which have nothing in common with the ones you will ever get your hands on!!

Last edited by richie_s999; 03-24-2010 at 09:56 PM.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #21
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
The only vote that matters to BMW (or any for-profit company) is voting with your chequebook. If you want to drive 20 year old BMWs, that's fine, they're still good cars. I almost bought a 91 318is with an M3 motor myself. But BMW is the most successful luxury car company in the world because of their products, so he's out to lunch if he thinks BMW is on the wrong path.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #22
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
If a computer has no soul how can a car that's complety controled by one
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #23
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
If a computer has no soul how can a car that's complety controled by one
Which car are you talking about?
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #24
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
He meens they are killing what made the brand what it is. It's losing heratige and respect to make a buck. That's what's he is saying. It not to complicated of a
concept to understand.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #25
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
He meens they are killing what made the brand what it is. It's losing heratige and respect to make a buck. That's what's he is saying. It not to complicated of a
concept to understand.
You guys are out of your mind if you think BMW is losing it's heritage. The cars get better and better. Heritage does not mean the cars have to remain antiques. BMW has always been a performance brand, that hasn't changed. The new M3's V8 revs to 8500 RPM. The race version placed 2nd and 3rd behind a Ferrari F430 at 12 hours Sebring this month. What more heritage and respect do you think they need?
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #26
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsy View Post
Which car are you talking about?
Every one that will in anyway do something other then what your foot or hands are telling it what to do.

Ultimate driving experience is not driving when your ass is saved by a computer in a corner.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #27
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsy View Post
You guys are out of your mind if you think BMW is losing it's heritage. The cars get better and better. Heritage does not mean the cars have to remain antiques. BMW has always been a performance brand, that hasn't changed. The new M3's V8 revs to 8500 RPM. The race version placed 2nd and 3rd behind a Ferrari F430 at 12 hours Sebring this month. What more heritage and respect do you think they need?

"race version" only shares the body style with the production car. That's it. They are not the same car!!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #28
carjoe
6th Gear Member
 
carjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,839
You guys are crazy. I bet the demographic of new BMW owners only care about the badge, not the driving dynamics.

Remember the brouhaha when Porsche came out with the Cayenne? It's the Cayenne that let's them build the GT3.

Let BMW build a FWD with a roundel. They may just show everyone how it SHOULD be done.
__________________

93 325is - sold!


2000 540ia- sold!


carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #29
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,489
It will be a rebadged mini if they do it.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #30
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Every one that will in anyway do something other then what your foot or hands are telling it what to do.

Ultimate driving experience is not driving when your ass is saved by a computer in a corner.
This is a retarded theory. Things like Dynamic Stability Control save lives. You do realize there is a button to turn it off if you feel like you need to slide it around right?

Care to educate us all on the "heritage" and "respect" that your 318 has earned since you don't seem impressed by legends like the M3?

Last edited by mstearnsy; 03-24-2010 at 10:23 PM.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.