Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #31
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Repair vs reassembly perhaps?

HIGH RES PICS ARE DEMANDED

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #32
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
No offence but these guys have contracts to lambo ferrari bmw....to fix their wheels. So that being said what dealership does carcones fix wheels for?
Really? I'm going to make a few phone calls either tonight or tomorrow to people that I know who actually work for Lamborghini Toronto and Ferrari Maserati of Ontario and verify this. I'm not calling you a liar, I just have a very difficult time believing that Precision is contracted by these dealers.

I know for a fact that Carcone's deals with LOTS of dealerships in the GTA in high volume. Hell, a few local Honda/Lexus dealers use them. How do I know this? Because the dealerships' service advisors themselves told me they send out their wheels to Carcone's. They have a massive warehouse up in Aurora (their head office) to handle their large customer base, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoony_prelude View Post
See i dont get how u spent 950 on 2 wheels. When I paid 700 for all 4 3piece wheels?

Jay
Allow me to explain: I spent $700 for repairing two severely bent Volks; even though my front only had one bend, whereas my rear was bloody MANGLED and even still Ric charged me $300 each which doesn't make any sense considering how much more work was involved for the rear. Add another $150 to repair my re-cracked rear through Rim Techniques and we're now at $850. You're right though: I added wrong. But this isn't factoring in the mounting/dismounting bullshit I had to go through for my ripped 215/35/19 AND buying a replacement set of fronts thereafter.

You can figure it out. It added up to well over a thousand bucks in the end once everything is accounted for.

FWIW, I'm glad you had a good experience with using Precision Rim ****. At least you are happy with your end result.

I merely posted my lengthy experience with their shop to warn others that they do make some pretty serious mistakes and then don't take full responsibility for their actions - which is absolute BS.

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #33
DINAN 3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to DINAN 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Really? I'm going to make a few phone calls either tonight or tomorrow to people that I know who actually work for Lamborghini Toronto and Ferrari Maserati of Ontario and verify this. I'm not calling you a liar, I just have a very difficult time believing that Precision is contracted by these dealers.
Please follow through.....I'm very interested to know where Lambo & Ferrari send their rims...I hear Carcone's does not do 2/3 piece rims.
DINAN 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #34
jello_g
4th Gear Member

I've used Carcone's in the past. Several times as a matter of fact. Had them work on my multi-piece Volk's for the Mazda with zero problems. I would go back to Carcone's again. They are a little far, but in the absence of a highly rated outfit in/near the GTA, I don't mind. YMMV

EDIT: BTW Spoony, good looking wheels, regardless of who did the work!

Gerald Lau's Facebook profile

Last edited by jello_g; 03-21-2010 at 12:54 PM.
jello_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #35
kevin325
AMG ETR

i can't believe all this happened to you and Stephanie...i took my rims to Ric two times and it came back on time and with no problems at all.

so after all this happened, did you show him proof that he took off too much metal on the rims? i mean he should at least give you some money back or do something to make it up? same for Stephanie's situation.

kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #36
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin325 View Post
i can't believe all this happened to you and Stephanie...i took my rims to Ric two times and it came back on time and with no problems at all.

so after all this happened, did you show him proof that he took off too much metal on the rims? i mean he should at least give you some money back or do something to make it up? same for Stephanie's situation.
I know! Just bad luck I guess... I mean, it was SUCH an easy job! (Guess that's what I get for being too particular with my car! lol)

I fought tooth and nail with them and they finally reimbursed me $300.00 cash.. But since I had to replace 2 tires and will have to replace the rim (if the claim I made against the tow truck doesn't work out) I'm still out about $600.00!!

Albeit, I was able to recoup the money lost for the $425.00 tow through CAA who comped me for it... CAA Plus FTMFW

But still! $600.00 in the hole for a $100.00 basic lip refinish!! SO agitating!!

...Anuk was not as fortunate, but I'll let him share his Precision piss-off...

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #37
phill_e46
3rd Gear Member

your weels lock sick jay ric is doing mine right now tell me what size is that bbs center cap and if you have a part number ?
phill_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #38
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Spoony, did i see you on bloor some evening earlier this week?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #39
star01
2nd Gear Member

i am jealous.
star01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #40
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Thanks guys phil part # is 09.23.221 I believe they are 71mm But double check yours, im pretty sure their a diff size. And youll be happy with the outcome! Rick does great work!

Ivan, probably I use bloor alot ( Im assuming you saw me between duff and bathurst)

star01- Thanks lol

Jay
Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #41
phill_e46
3rd Gear Member

yeah i already got them back about a week ago now they look great, ive been dealing with rick for about 3 or 4 years now never had a compliant . thanks for the part no.
phill_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #42
ClayMan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
In summary: Precision Rim Repair royally screwed up my expensive and rare set of Volk LE37s, One 215/35/19 Dunlop DZ101 tire, and cost Stephanie over $1000 in damages due to their negligence, sheer ineptitude and utter incompetence.
Are these the same LE37s that were sold in the classifieds?
ClayMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #43
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

I saw this car when I was at Altech a month ago I think. Looks mint.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #44
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

Thanks robb!

Jay
Old 07-18-2010, 01:59 AM   #45
seankim228
2nd Gear Member

Nice rims...on a side note, would you be able to share the links to order parts for bbs rs ? I've been looking but not sure which would be best..
seankim228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: