Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-14-2010, 12:32 AM   #16
cocacola bob
2nd Gear Member

e30 battery

Wait a minute guys the BMW 325is is listed in canadian tire and the only one that fits is their top of line, There is a distributor for Interstate on Hwy 50 just north of Hwy 7 (woodbridge/brampton) that apparently has what they call cheap prices. CanTire I can say bought their middle grade which at the time only one available for the e30 it died after one winter storage replaced in spring no questions asked. 2nd year after winter killed 2nd one again no questions asked, the 3rd winter and the only one available was top of the line had to pay the difference in price for lower to higher grade and the whole warranty started from that day for 5 more years . you might pay a little extra but if the batttery is freezing in the storage garage and not on trickle charge new battery in spring is under warranty.
cocacola bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:32 AM   #17
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacola bob View Post
Wait a minute guys the BMW 325is is listed in canadian tire and the only one that fits is their top of line, There is a distributor for Interstate on Hwy 50 just north of Hwy 7 (woodbridge/brampton) that apparently has what they call cheap prices. CanTire I can say bought their middle grade which at the time only one available for the e30 it died after one winter storage replaced in spring no questions asked. 2nd year after winter killed 2nd one again no questions asked, the 3rd winter and the only one available was top of the line had to pay the difference in price for lower to higher grade and the whole warranty started from that day for 5 more years . you might pay a little extra but if the batttery is freezing in the storage garage and not on trickle charge new battery in spring is under warranty.
part number? i was told No battery was on file for e30's ( found that strange)
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:43 AM   #18
cocacola bob
2nd Gear Member

just ask for battery it goes through system asks model year etc then a particular battery picked when i next look into the papers will find the part # if you want it. p.m. me to remind me.
cocacola bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #19
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
part number? i was told No battery was on file for e30's ( found that strange)
They stopped carrying the one listed for E30s awhile back. I know because I used to work there years ago, I think I got one of the last ones at that particular store. I don't remember the number offhand, but I think it was 10-4072 or something similar to that.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:49 AM   #20
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

If you guys have "total battery" down there in TO, check them out. They have both option sizes for the trunk mount that actually have the proper venting and end mounts. I got mine with a better warranty than an Optima for $93, made by the people who make Interstate. (and Kirkland, costco's brand).
Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 AM   #21
noid
5th Gear Member

champion from parts source, had one in the old e30 and it was amazing. Highly recommended, roughly ~100.
noid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Most batteries in N/A are manufactured by the same company.
e.g. Motormaster and what they sell are part source are the exact same battery just different names.

The e30 battery series its a 91-60.

Here is a list of manufactures with what company is under what.
I know most of the batteries in Canada are made by exide..

http://www.jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm

good luck..
Old 03-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #23
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

+1 for Walmart. They have the Optima's if you want to go that route... I am broke-ass so I bought one of their "Energizer" line. Best specs at the price ($100 or $110 I forget) and its made by Johnson Controls under whatever deal with Walmart. Same people that make the Optimas. 3yr warranty, and if you ever have trouble there are Walmarts *everywhere* instead of having to try and find the local Partsource or whatever.

I believe the one that fits best is the "H6" but don't trust my memory, bring your tape measure.

Oh, last thought-- the battery has two vents in the top, I think you could just plug one of them but I bought some tubing and a y-connector and used both vents. Just make sure you do something to vent the battery-- I was told multiple times it was no big deal when I was being anal about my new battery, buying plumbing equipment at home depot to vent it, etc. Heh. There is a vent built into the trunk beside the battery, true, and that will get rid of any gasses if you don't run a hose, so you won't get a fireball if somebody opens your trunk with a smoke in their hand... but if you don't run some hoses out the bottom of the car-- there is a rubber grommet underneath the battery tray, you can reach it blind if you don't want to take out the whole tray-- the vents drip and that shit will rust out your trunk quickfast.

Cheers.
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #24
old skoo
1st Gear Red Line

i got a batt for you if you want $ 50 . pm me if you want
old skoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Talk to Dave he has a bud that works for Part Source he got me a great deal on my battery for the E36.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Ya I got one for the 7 as well...its a pricey trunk battery like almost $400 at the dealer, I was linked-up for half price...and no its not a Motomaster
Old 03-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #27
BMWnoob
2nd Gear Member

i'm looking for one too.. maybe a better deal if we get two? mine needs to the fit in the front though.. (vert)
BMWnoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: