Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #31
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,832


wow shut the **** up on your stupid ****ing epeen wagging.

no one cares how fast you ****ing drive... ****ing these new guys coming here and bragging about what speeders they are.. Good job, you got your liscecne 3 years ago and you can push the ****ing gas on your car... you want a medal?

and ya, I think Darkness has more credibility regarding truck drivers. Maybe if ****ing morons that dont know how to drive didn't cut them off, then they wouldnt have a ****ing problem...
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #32
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 184
Truck drivers are generally really nice, they move out of the way as fast as possible, you just have to realize they can't always move over because they're so damn big. But I, like everyone else, gets pissed off when I try to exit but there's a damn wall of trucks between me and the right lane, I have to go through this every day going to school and it really pisses me off.

The worst thing though is when 2 cars go the exact same speed right beside each other on a 2 lane road, do people not understand that the left lane is for passing?
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #33
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
wow shut the **** up on your stupid ****ing epeen wagging.

no one cares how fast you ****ing drive... ****ing these new guys coming here and bragging about what speeders they are.. Good job, you got your liscecne 3 years ago and you can push the ****ing gas on your car... you want a medal?

and ya, I think Darkness has more credibility regarding truck drivers. Maybe if ****ing morons that dont know how to drive didn't cut them off, then they wouldnt have a ****ing problem...
Trucks cut off cars just as bad as cars cut trucks off.

Maybe if truck drivers weren't fresh off the boat immigrants making $10-12 an hr and driving non maintained trucks, like in the past before geniuses decided to drop the payrates to attract people of lower skillsets, then we wouldn't have these problems.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #34
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
you haven't been on the 401 lately in rush-hour have you? You wouldn't be making that comment if you were.
I have been on the 401 and 400 during the rush hour. Every time I have been cut off at least a dozen times to the point where I had to stand on my brakes from running over some idiot of a 4 wheeler who thinks that cutting a transport truck off is perfectly fine, all because they want to save a minute off your commute.

Even better some young driver full of kids in a car doing 50mph in the slow lane decides to jump in front of a 120,000 pound truck doing 70mph down a 6% grade. Where you slam on your brakes and hope nothing goes wrong, you smell the brakes burning as you approach the vehicle with your horn blaring praying that you slow-down in time. To your amazement the person in front decides to do a brake-check on you. WTF? Are you for real?

These are the mentalities of new young drivers who have absolutely have no clue what they are doing. I see it every day when I drove the 401 and 400 corridors. I also see it on some members on this board.

Do you think we can stop and change lanes on a dime?

Do you think, when we flat-spot 8 tires on the trailer at a cost of $4,000 just because some 4 wheeler wanted to save a minute.

Do you think, when we get to our destination we found out our load has shifted and now the receiver refuses it? After all said and done we have to pay out $5,000 deductible, $3,000 disposal fee, $3,500 operating expense and $4,000 in tires. Our expense comes to $15,000 just because you want to shave off a minute from your commute.

Most important, Do you think when you brake-check a transport truck and the cause of this is a loss of life. Where the driver for the rest of their life has to live with it wondering what else they could have done to prevented it.

No you don’t think “PERIOD”.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 AM   #35
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
I have been on the 401 and 400 during the rush hour. Every time I have been cut off at least a dozen times to the point where I had to stand on my brakes from running over some idiot of a 4 wheeler who thinks that cutting a transport truck off is perfectly fine, all because they want to save a minute off your commute.

Even better some young driver full of kids in a car doing 50mph in the slow lane decides to jump in front of a 120,000 pound truck doing 70mph down a 6% grade. Where you slam on your brakes and hope nothing goes wrong, you smell the brakes burning as you approach the vehicle with your horn blaring praying that you slow-down in time. To your amazement the person in front decides to do a brake-check on you. WTF? Are you for real?

These are the mentalities of new young drivers who have absolutely have no clue what they are doing. I see it every day when I drove the 401 and 400 corridors. I also see it on some members on this board.

Do you think we can stop and change lanes on a dime?

Do you think, when we flat-spot 8 tires on the trailer at a cost of $4,000 just because some 4 wheeler wanted to save a minute.

Do you think, when we get to our destination we found out our load has shifted and now the receiver refuses it? After all said and done we have to pay out $5,000 deductible, $3,000 disposal fee, $3,500 operating expense and $4,000 in tires. Our expense comes to $15,000 just because you want to shave off a minute from your commute.

Most important, Do you think when you brake-check a transport truck and the cause of this is a loss of life. Where the driver for the rest of their life has to live with it wondering what else they could have done to prevented it.

No you don’t think “PERIOD”.
Im sorry I don't cut off transport trucks, so don't put me in that class. I don't brake check transport trucks either. In fact I stay as far away from them as possible, since ive been cut into by a 18 wheeler abruptly many times. I guess their payload and damages to it weren't important at that time were they?? I do however get cut into by transport trucks, and swerve to avoid them as they bluntly cut into my lane.

Don't talk about me because you know shit about me. Your statement is like me saying " tell your stupid trucker friends to stop doing 120-130 on the 401, and cutting into lanes regardless if there are cars or not because they are in such a hurry and refuse to take thier stupid cruise control off 120 while traffic flow is doing 110."

Yes I do THINK, all the shit you mentioned I am well aware of, its common sense, youre not Einstein or anything so don't think reiterating rules of the road will win you a nobel prize.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!

Last edited by 5style; 03-15-2010 at 11:25 AM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
BigD
the misanthropist
 
BigD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: a house
Posts: 6,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Im sorry I don't cut off transport trucks, so don't put me in that class. I don't brake check transport trucks either. In fact I stay as far away from them as possible, since ive been cut into by a 18 wheeler abruptly many times. I guess their payload and damages to it weren't important at that time were they?? I do however get cut into by transport trucks, and swerve to avoid them as they bluntly cut into my lane.

Don't talk about me because you know shit about me. Your statement is like me saying " tell your stupid trucker friends to stop doing 120-130 on the 401, and cutting into lanes regardless if there are cars or not because they are in such a hurry and refuse to take thier stupid cruise control off 120 while traffic flow is doing 110."

Yes I do THINK, all the shit you mentioned I am well aware of, its common sense, youre not Einstein or anything so don't think reiterating rules of the road will win you a nobel prize.
Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. He's right, you're wrong. Let it go.
__________________
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #37
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Stop arguing for the sake of arguing. He's right, you're wrong. Let it go.
How am I wrong? where did I say I cut into trucks or play with them? I don't, I never have and I never will, because of a 72 000lb payload in motion, I do not feel like DYING.

Again, stop classifying me as an ignorant.

All I said was that the general truck driving population is JUST as bad as the ignorant public. Stupid kid cuts off truck, trucker is mad. Later trucker cuts into another lane, ignoring the car that is passing him, i happen to be there and I have to pit dive swerve to avoid the moron with a upset demeanor.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!

Last edited by 5style; 03-15-2010 at 11:39 AM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #38
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing
 
BMW_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kiev
Posts: 8,364
Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
i think all the pansies in the thread should spend one day driving in montreal

that is all
__________________
Vitaliy



Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #39
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
i think all the pansies in the thread should spend one day driving in montreal

that is all
ok, this pretty much owns everything in this thread, its the truth.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #40
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Trucks cut off cars just as bad as cars cut trucks off.
Ninety nine percent of the drivers will never cut off another vehicle intentionally. There is that one percent that gets pissed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Maybe if truck drivers weren't fresh off the boat immigrants making $10-12 an hr
As far as I can recall all drivers must pass class “A” license legally to drive in North America.
Most drivers that hold class “A” license with more than 3 years’ experience make $18 - $25 per hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
driving non maintained trucks.
My trucks have been pulled over 9 times in the past 3 months, every truck and trailer passed with no defects. One trailer was slated to go out today, during the 4 hour inspection yesterday we found one loose cam bushing, we decided to replace all brakes, cam bushings and 2 tires, our cost $2,500. Items replaced were questionable.
However just in case we get a 4 wheeler that causes us to slam on our brakes for the 14’th time on the 401 where the trailer blows out a brake shoe, preventing us to stop in time and run over the said 4 wheeler we decided to play it safe. Yes there are some trucks that mechanically are not safe and should not be on the road. Do you want to be in front of them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
…like in the past before geniuses decided to drop the payrates to attract people of lower skillsets, then we wouldn't have these problems.
I fully agree with you on this one. Most big companies are hiring people with little or no experience at all; their starting salary is $.27 per mile which equals to about $5.00 per hour. These companies have 100% driver turn over. Do you want to be in front of them?
I have well over 1,000,000Km of driving experience in my personal vehicles 300,000km is that on my motorcycles. I believe I have well over 36,000km of racing experience on my motorcycles. Now I have in the past 2.5 years accumulated well over 400,000 accident free km in my trucks. In all of those years I have never, ever cut off a transport truck and I have never even dreamed of doing a brake-check.
From day one I always gave trucks and any big vehicle whether it be a bus or a pick up towing a 20’ trailer lots of room and courtesy, which lacks a lot in most drivers today.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #41
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
In all of those years I have never, ever cut off a transport truck and I have never even dreamed of doing a brake-check.
From day one I always gave trucks and any big vehicle whether it be a bus or a pick up towing a 20’ trailer lots of room and courtesy, which lacks a lot in most drivers today.
I have never done so either, ever. Its a simple rule i follow. Don't go between two trucks, if there is a truck closing on you, move over , and don't stay beside or behind trucks, cruising. I do run into incidents where trucks cut me off or whatever the case is, I don't get mad and try to get revenge. Not worth it, if the driver didn't make a mistake and is a toolbag, he ll get his, sooner or later, thats not my problem.

All im saying is don't put me in the same boat as a bluetooth using distracted honda civic driving moron who is too ignorant to check blind spots , let alone actually focus on the task at hand, including cutting off other cars and especially transport.

Thats NOT me.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #42
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
As far as I can recall all drivers must pass class “A” license legally to drive in North America.
Most drivers that hold class “A” license with more than 3 years’ experience make $18 - $25 per hour.
I was referring to the big companies that hire people with no experience for super low wages, which you mentioned below. These people don't give two shits how they drive, and honestly for the money they get paid, can't blame them.
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #43
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Your statement is like me saying " tell your stupid trucker friends to stop doing 120-130 on the 401, .




Your statement has no merit. Since July of 2009 all trucks operating or passing through the province of Ontario were by law governed to 105km/h. Every truck that goes through its annual inspection must have the speed limiter set to 105km’h or they will not pass safety.

Also every time we get pulled into the scales they plug a probe to our diagnostic terminal to see if the trucks are governed. If they are not it’s a huge fine and trucks can’t leave the scale until they have been programmed. The cost including fines is close to $1,000. Therefore I’m sure that 99.9% can’t exceed over 105km/h.

Just so that you know, some of the drivers on the road are retired, doctors, lawyers, police officers just to mention a few who drive just for fun. I myself have been "System Analyst" since 1984. Therefore the word “stupid” is a poor choice.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #44
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
Your statement has no merit. Since July of 2009 all trucks operating or passing through the province of Ontario were by law governed to 105km/h. Every truck that goes through its annual inspection must have the speed limiter set to 105km’h or they will not pass safety.

Also every time we get pulled into the scales they plug a probe to our diagnostic terminal to see if the trucks are governed. If they are not it’s a huge fine and trucks can’t leave the scale until they have been programmed. The cost including fines is close to $1,000. Therefore I’m sure that 99.9% can’t exceed over 105km/h.

Just so that you know, some of the drivers on the road are retired, doctors, lawyers, police officers just to mention a few who drive just for fun. I myself have been "System Analyst" since 1984. Therefore the word “stupid” is a poor choice.
I said this as sarcasm, because of how you put me in the stupid driver boat.

That being said however,how is it that when I have cruise control set to 110, I STILL get passed by trucks, more often then not, and it is now March , 2010?????

US trucks?
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #45
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member
 
Darkness95m3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
I was referring to the big companies that hire people with no experience for super low wages, which you mentioned below. These people don't give two shits how they drive, and honestly for the money they get paid, can't blame them.
I disagree with your comment; drivers do care how they drive. Getting into an accident and killing someone in most States and Provinces is jail time. Drivers do care about their loads since we will hold back $5,000 of their pay in trust to cover any damages caused by them.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015