Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #16
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikigreenz View Post
i have never heard of a law against high-beaming someone. Do you recall what section of the hta says this, or where you heard this? I high-beam on a very regular basis, cant imagine driving in ontario without it!

totally illegal dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.

Last edited by davericher20; 03-10-2010 at 05:38 PM.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #17
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Luis View Post
never said anything about high beaming. i'm saying the left signal should be a rule here. helps people indicate that they are passing and can help enforce the left lane hoggers.

also, in portugal atleast, when passing on a highway in the left lane you need to have your left signal on while your in that lane while your passing.
I mentioned high beams because people Europe use them interchangeably.

And just because you see people using it (like you have in Portugal) doesn't mean it's ALLOWED like you think. I'm going to bet it's illegal just like it is in other countries in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
I have never heard of a law against high-beaming someone. Do you recall what section of the HTA says this, or where you heard this? I high-beam on a very regular basis, cant imagine driving in Ontario without it!
You will get an improper use of lights ticket... It's in the HTA somewhere. You can take my word for it or look it up on your own.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #18
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

The best ones are when driving 120-130km/h left lane, and driver from mid lane gets into the left and remains the same speed as he was 90-100km/h.

And yes you can get a ticket for using your highbeams improperly. Now i think it applies to driving steady with high beams.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #19
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
I have never heard of a law against high-beaming someone. Do you recall what section of the HTA says this, or where you heard this? I high-beam on a very regular basis, cant imagine driving in Ontario without it!
I do that too, the way I see it, a quick flash or 2 to get the slow driver to move over is safer than attempting to pass on the right. But most people don't seem to understand what getting flashed means.

And I really wish there was a cop around when I was stuck behind some idiotic woman driving with her highbeams on constantly on a country highway. I couldn't pass because there was a constant stream of cars on the oncoming lane, and those people all flashed her, but ended up blinding me too. She just couldn't get it into her thick head to look at her damn gauges and see that her highbeam indicator was on. When I could finally pass her I got as far away from her as possible, and I could still see the highbeams in my rearview until she turned somewhere.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:24 AM   #20
Junaid
4th Gear Member

i average 140km/h on the highway, never been pulled over before, even when being radar ed. I tend to drive in middle until passing that's when i go left and then back to middle

Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #21
slimjim
Almost Sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid View Post
i average 140km/h on the highway, never been pulled over before, even when being radar ed. I tend to drive in middle until passing that's when i go left and then back to middle
...thats a lie. unless uve only had ur license for a month and are really lucky..its doesnt happen.

but anyhow, only thing that ticks me off is im going a little quicker and someone cuts infront and i have to move my foot to the brakes just incase. But otherwise, if someone is going 80 or 90, which i see in a blue moon. i have no problem finding a way around them, i turn it into a kind of video game
Old 03-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #22
Junaid
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
...thats a lie. unless uve only had ur license for a month and are really lucky..its doesnt happen.

but anyhow, only thing that ticks me off is im going a little quicker and someone cuts infront and i have to move my foot to the brakes just incase. But otherwise, if someone is going 80 or 90, which i see in a blue moon. i have no problem finding a way around them, i turn it into a kind of video game
no lie i have had my license for almost three years i guess i am really lucky

Needs more mods
Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #23
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

^^^ you don't average 140 km/h.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #24
Junaid
4th Gear Member

^^ your right, good thing you know me better then myself

Needs more mods
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #25
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

To add to this,. TRUCKS ARE THE WORST MIDDLE LANE BLOCKTARDS. They make it impossible to merge off the hwy as you get a retard corolla doing 90 in front of you in the passing lane, truck doing 91 in the middle lane and you are stuck trying to make a collector exit and can't pass, you have to brake moronically.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #26
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
The best ones are when driving 120-130km/h left lane, and driver from mid lane gets into the left and remains the same speed as he was 90-100km/h.

And yes you can get a ticket for using your highbeams improperly. Now i think it applies to driving steady with high beams.
This is why i slam the horn and hold it for a looooong time , to make the retard embarassed. they usually get out of the way or get off the road completely.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #27
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
I do that too, the way I see it, a quick flash or 2 to get the slow driver to move over is safer than attempting to pass on the right. But most people don't seem to understand what getting flashed means.

And I really wish there was a cop around when I was stuck behind some idiotic woman driving with her highbeams on constantly on a country highway. I couldn't pass because there was a constant stream of cars on the oncoming lane, and those people all flashed her, but ended up blinding me too. She just couldn't get it into her thick head to look at her damn gauges and see that her highbeam indicator was on. When I could finally pass her I got as far away from her as possible, and I could still see the highbeams in my rearview until she turned somewhere.
next time brake test the bitch, she will try to high beam you and switch them off by accident.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
The middle lane isn't really the problem,.
The middle lane is a big problem, everyone here forgets to realize the middle lane is a passing lane for trucks.

I find people in rural roads more curtious then those in urban areas.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #29
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
To add to this,. TRUCKS ARE THE WORST MIDDLE LANE BLOCKTARDS. They make it impossible to merge off the hwy as you get a retard corolla doing 90 in front of you in the passing lane, truck doing 91 in the middle lane and you are stuck trying to make a collector exit and can't pass, you have to brake moronically.
Right and you actually sat behind a wheel of a truck and understand what goes on.

Truck drivers are most courtious motorists on the road, period.

No matter what happens with a 4 wheeler it's always a truckers fault, well according to the public anyways. Truck drivers are courtious because they don't want to be involved in a accident. Especially since some States in the USA have a law that if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and found at fault you loose your truck driving licence for 6 years.

Having said that, there are those drivers who push the law to the limit.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #30
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
Right and you actually sat behind a wheel of a truck and understand what goes on.

Truck drivers are most courtious motorists on the road, period.

No matter what happens with a 4 wheeler it's always a truckers fault, well according to the public anyways. Truck drivers are courtious because they don't want to be involved in a accident. Especially since some States in the USA have a law that if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and found at fault you loose your truck driving licence for 6 years.

Having said that, there are those drivers who push the law to the limit.
you haven't been on the 401 lately in rush-hour have you? You wouldn't be making that comment if you were.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: