Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
theox69
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I thought we had it bad in Ontario till I went to Montreal with some friends to pick up a car!!
+100000

To all of you who think your roads are bad.. Come take a drive through Montreal
Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #17
fitter527
hates chrome

so,has anyone actually went after their respective cities for damages.they just keep taking and taking(taxes and fees and taxes on top of the fees).and where does all this ca$h go.oh ya,into their fat overstuffed pockets.time to claw a little back.
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
Fern3
formerly e36.M52B25

+1 I hate the roads here and I'm only lowered on H&R sports! its going to be even worse when i install the pss9's

| M54B30/6MT Swap | KW V2 Coilovers |3.46 Diff |
|Genuine 19x8.5/9.5 Style 172M Wheels|
Fern3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #19
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitter527 View Post
i drove up to sarnia two weeks ago and didnt find the roads as bad as london.they are still bad though.not quite as bad as milton.i was working up there for the last couple of months.its hard to even enjoy a car on roads like these.maybe i should just buy one of those big american pillows.nah nevermind.
There has actually been a lot of repaving done in the last 2 years, but the roads I drive on, are junk! The worst is East St., I have to drive up that road every day to get to London Rd, or Exmouth. Both roads take me to where I need to go. You are right though, London's roads are worse. Chatham roads, aren't all that bad, as far a ware goes, it's just the manholes are 3 feet below street level.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #20
Eurotakeover
BMW Obsessed

I can list a few roads where i slow the heck down... its brutal, you cant repair a few roads?? Like common.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:16 AM   #21
voluted
2nd Gear Member

I had my two right tires cut by a pothole when the city was repaving Yonge st. in Aurora last summer (they had carved up the old pavement and didn't mark the raised sewers). I ended up getting fully reimbursed for the tire replacement.

Few things:

- the claim was outsourced to Miller's risk management (as they were paving the roads)
- i saw the money ~6 months later
- i had to call every week to get things rolling after waiting the 4 months they say it takes to process the request

For potholes you will be dealing directly with the city the whole time though and i have a feeling you will have a harder time getting any money back. Good luck though it's definitely worth the effort.
voluted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #22
adam325i
3rd Gear Member

my dad hit a pot hole a couple years ago in hamilton and it blew the tire and bent the rim. he got it fixed and called up the city and he had to say were it was, time, ect and he sent the bill in the mail to them and they sent the money to him.

Best bet it to write down all the problem spots you know in the city and call them and let them know that they need to fix them
adam325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #23
davericher20
black and blue

yep, I busted 2 Azev rims and shredded a tire on hwy 8 and fairway in kitchener one night. went after the city and they denied it 2 months later cause the pothole was fixed.
I went the next day I filed the claim to take pictures and there was no more pothole........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #24
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
The worst part about the roads is if you decide to weave and avoid the huge pot holes and sewers you can get a ticket for careless driving...
Aint that the truth!
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #25
Ahctuning
2nd Gear Member

Steeles Ave for the longest time
And what's with the DVP perpetually on repair ? Road workers virtually made a nice living just on that site
Ahctuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #26
fitter527
hates chrome

ive been working at the University of Waterloo for the last couple of months.University avenue has some of the deepest manholes ive seen anywhere.they are really hard to avoid and today i bottomed out.
as i continued on i could hear a rattle.fastforward,i pull the car into the garage and have a look. where the swaybar mounts to the frame,was torn out.both mounting studs were still attached to the swaybar bracket.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #27
Steve30
Techno Viking

I've noticed this winter has really messed up the roads, might have to raise the car up a bit lol. there are huge chunks of road missing and massive waves in the bus and left turn lanes

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
I've noticed this winter has really messed up the roads, might have to raise the car up a bit lol. there are huge chunks of road missing and massive waves in the bus and left turn lanes
+1, even up my way, the roads have massive frost bumps everywhere. Its like driving on a washboard everywhere I go

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #29
fitter527
hates chrome

i raised the car up as soon as the winter started.i dont understand why they have to make the manholes covers so deep.the one i hit had to be 4-6 inches deep.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #30
fitter527
hates chrome

is it possible to drive the car without the swaybar?i mean removing it until i get the mounting studs welded back in?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: