Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
fitter527
hates chrome

fed up with our roads

is anyone else fed up with the condition of our roads?well i am.
i live in london and the roads are absolutly terrible.its like driving in a third world country.is it possible to go after the city for suspension damage?
i was driving on Commisioners and came to the tracks by Adelade.i slowed down to about 40km and went over the tracks.i thought the whole front of my car fell off.now im pretty sure my two front rims are bent,the alignment is out(just had a 4 wheel alignment 2 months ago) and there is a stomach turning noise coming from the front passenger side.
i am so fed up with damage caused by the condition of ontario roads in general.i have four other front rims in my garage that are also bent.has anyone else ever went after the city for similar situation?
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
Steve30
Techno Viking

The worst part about the roads is if you decide to weave and avoid the huge pot holes and sewers you can get a ticket for careless driving...

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
fitter527
hates chrome

when im drivin g around im all over the road.its not only the potholes and the train tracks but the fukin manhole covers which are 4-8" below the grade of the road.i probably look like a drunk driver tryin to avoid these craters.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
fitter527
hates chrome

with all the tax dollar$ they collect from us we should drivin on streets paved with gold.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
harman_rai
325Xi Executive Pkg

I know how you guys feel. Got brand new winters in November. After a week one got a hole in the side wall because of a pot hole. had to buy a whole new tire
harman_rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
fitter527
hates chrome

i just got off the phone with the City of London-Risk Management division.they told me to send in a written letter describing all details,location,time of incident,ect..then they will start an investigation.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitter527 View Post
they will start an investigation.
That typically means that you get nothing, or if anything it will be very little after a long time of waiting.

That "investigation" is going to cost you more tax $$.

Some roads are pretty bad, the roads by my house they just put of a sign saying no more than 5 tonnes per axle because the road is getting bad hopefully a repave is on the way. Look at Russian though, they have dirt highways and potholes the size of cars. You can't say that our roads are like third world roads lol.

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 03-08-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
fitter527
hates chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
That typically means that you get nothing, or if anything it will be very little after a long time of waiting.

That "investigation" is going to cost you more tax $$.

Some roads are pretty bad, but look at Russia they have dirt highways and pot holes the size of cars.
more tax dollars?our taxes go up n up n up no matter what.the prime ministers dog dies,taxes go up.they go up no matter what.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

You actually have a chance of getting reimbursed. I hear about a guy who busted his oil pan and blew his motor after hitting a massive pothole. The city paid for a new motor and everything.

And yea, roads in Russia and Ukraine are horrible compared to these. Scraping the frame is a common occurrence no matter where you drive. And the village roads become mud holes after rain.

But for a country like Canada, the roads here are unacceptable. Every day I have to drive up Islington past Dixon, that whole stretch of road is one big pothole repair, it's cracked, wavy and bumpy. And let's not forget Lakeshore and Steeles West, they're so grooved you feel like one of your wheels is falling off when you drive across them.

Last edited by Mad Cow; 03-08-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
fitter527
hates chrome

its probably gonna take months to hav this resolved.my wonderful government probably hopes ill just give up and go away.i think i have a fight on my hands.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
trd_mr2
2nd Gear Member

surprising that here in hamilton, stoney creek area I dont find the roads to bad actually lol
trd_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

London roads suck. I managed to wreck a ballpoint and two rear shocks in 3 months when I lived there in school.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #13
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I thought we had it bad in Ontario till I went to Montreal with some friends to pick up a car!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #14
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
I scraped the underside of my car on some train tracks going no more than 30km, because I know they are bad. Sarnia, and Chatham roads are horrible.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #15
fitter527
hates chrome

i drove up to sarnia two weeks ago and didnt find the roads as bad as london.they are still bad though.not quite as bad as milton.i was working up there for the last couple of months.its hard to even enjoy a car on roads like these.maybe i should just buy one of those big american pillows.nah nevermind.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: