Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Arrow U.S.A will determine who can board some Canadian flights & the world!

"Starting in December, some passengers on Canadian airlines flying to, from or even over the United States without ever landing there, will only be allowed to board the aircraft once the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has determined they are not terrorists."

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/20...nadian-flights

pretty much speechless here...comments
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Dont' know what to say... Does not suprise me... What's next? if you are accociated wit someone on the list you will be flaged also.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Crazy..... Americans have too many loopholes on their side.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
As much as the rule sucks, I think its necessary. If you want to fly over their airspace, it shouldn't be asking too much considering the risks involved.

Instead of blaming the US government for protecting its citizens, we should focus our blame on the terrorists that are provoking this defensive action.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
As much as the rule sucks, I think its necessary. If you want to fly over their airspace, it shouldn't be asking too much considering the risks involved.

Instead of blaming the US government for protecting its citizens, we should focus our blame on the terrorists that are provoking this defensive action.
Protecting? come on man, this is straight up dictatorship... next step is chips under your skin... Do you support that too?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
arek
3rd Gear Member

Considering I am a white male, with no record..Will this effect me? nope. or my family.. nope. Can it prevent a future disaster? there is a high probability it can.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
When you get on a EU inbound flight, I do not think you would fly over their airspace. I recall the last summer when we took off facing Hamilton, it made a nice sharp turn before climbing over the lake Ontario. It shows you on a map the direction that you fly over/to.... That's how it works because the airlines end up paying for the flights done over American airspace. Someone has to pay ATC guys as well.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER View Post
Protecting? come on man, this is straight up dictatorship... next step is chips under your skin... Do you support that too?
I think it would be a dictatorship if they prevented you from flying. If you are an innocent person with nothing to hide and a clear background, this shouldn't really affect you other than a bit of hassle more than normal.

How else do you expect them to protect themselves against a terrorist group that has declared war against them, and uses cheap shots to get their point across? There's only so much you can do to stop a suicide bomber or other person that is willing to take their own life to cause damage/harm to society.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Old 03-08-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
DANIMAL
TYRE ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post
Considering I am a white male, with no record..Will this effect me? nope. or my family.. nope. Can it prevent a future disaster? there is a high probability it can.
I recall a recent article about a male, white, child being denied travel on a plane because for some reason he was on the no fly list. Criminal records have little to do with how you end up on that list. There is no mandated criteria the US gov sets enrolment onto the list. Remember it is a 'no fly' list that contains terrorists not one created specifically for them.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #10
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:

hey speaking of that

& they let the christmas underwear bomber on the plane! 1 way ticket, cash, no carry on. his father a head banker of nigeria had made warnings weeks ealier. Shit they even had a naked body scanner in amsterdam where this guy Was Allowed Onto the Plane by u.s customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post
you can think that but you'd be Wrong! priests, nuns, ACLU lawyers, etc that were actively anti war - banned. No Fly list!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #11
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
I think it would be a dictatorship if they prevented you from flying. If you are an innocent person with nothing to hide and a clear background, this shouldn't really affect you other than a bit of hassle more than normal.

How else do you expect them to protect themselves against a terrorist group that has declared war against them, and uses cheap shots to get their point across? There's only so much you can do to stop a suicide bomber or other person that is willing to take their own life to cause damage/harm to society.

you dont know what youre talking about.. but its good that sheeple like you feel safer locked up in your own home.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Excuse me? Care to enlighten me?

How were you able to deduce I feel safer locked in my home from my statement that wants to blame terrorists for the new rules instead of Americans wanting to protect themselves from terrorists?

Seriously? I guess it's too much to expect an intelligent response from you instead of useless text.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Old 03-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #13
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Excuse me? Care to enlighten me?

How were you able to deduce I feel safer locked in my home from my statement that wants to blame terrorists for the new rules instead of Americans wanting to protect themselves from terrorists?

Seriously? I guess it's too much to expect an intelligent response from you instead of useless text.
Americans Safety and your safety false illusion. Just like having an Anti-virus application on your computer .. one way or another a new virus with new code will and can infect your computer. Where there is a will there is a way. Locking your self up in your basement wont make you any safer then walking outside if someone is out to get you.

Americans live in fear and there government make sure they do through propaganda. I understand that everyone can hate big brother or someone higher up then them but they need to rebuild there reputation as a country to be liked more.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #14
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Exactly. I couldnt agree more that their government needs to repair their relationships with some nations. This could drastically reduce the threats to their land.

However, until that is done and completed, you still have to be careful. I hate big brother as much as the next guy, but I also hate the thought of being on a hijacked aircraft a tad more

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
I hate big brother as much as the next guy, but I also hate the thought of being on a hijacked aircraft a tad more
props on ignoring my outing of total failures of our new advanced security since 911. or just not having a comment or care about 'the people that are supposed to protect us aren't'. again they let that guy on the plane.
and for your quote up there, ever heard of those that Give up liberty for safety, deserve neither. ..?

youre basically stating that over the years (we're at 9) you're ok with the slow errosion of your rights & dignity. you're saying that eventually 10 years from now you're ok with the u.s. army entering your home in canada to search it & your cavities - cause they're worried about terroism. this premise is rational or acceptable to ya? all based on a fear that the 1 time a year you fly you want to feel 'safe'

--
from article:

Starting in December, some passengers on Canadian airlines flying to, from or even over the United States without ever landing there, will only be allowed to board the aircraft once the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has determined they are not terrorists

The program, which is set to take effect globally in December 2010

Parliament never adopted or even discussed the Secure Flight program - even though Secure Flight transfers the authority of screening passengers, and their personal information, from domestic airlines to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The European Parliament, on the other hand, has consistently voiced objections to the Secure Flight plan.
--

literally handing over the sovereignty of our Air travel security to america, thanks Harper.

can u say: nwo'ish, North american union, any1?

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 03-09-2010 at 04:35 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: