Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #31
drivetolive
3rd Gear Member

Don't see how last night's game was a fluke or how Russia was slacking...is a team really shit because they got pounded by an amazing team? I mean look at the game carefully, you would've seen Russia is a really good team (obviously) and was trying to play good, but they could not do anything against Canada's defense.

That game last night was a prime example of why they call Canada the best. They finally decided to pick their slack up, they were playing as a team and were actually playing with a heart. Amazing puck handling and teamwork.

I honestly expected the game to be way closer and even go into OT or SO...but was fun seeing them hand it to Russia .

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
LUONGO is the difference.
IMO, Luongo wasn't playing as good as he could of. The amount of goals he let in compared to the amount of shots on net was disappointing. Not to mention he wasn't even being pressured that much by Russia's offence (due to the fact Canada's defense wouldn't let them through).

btw, don't know why they didn't pull the goalie after the 1st . Lol I know that whole thing about in the 80's they did that and it got worse...regardless I would've pulled him out after the 1st w/o thinking twice (Russia).

I would love to see Canada get their revenge against the U.S. on Sunday
Old 02-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #32
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Excellent game by Canada last nite.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying Canada was slacking etc.... It takes time for players to gel, etc.... Its obvious they are going to get better each game as they play more and more together. I think losing to the US was a blessing in disguise... gave us a wake up call and a chance to play Germany and get more practice.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #33
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
Excellent game by Canada last nite.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying Canada was slacking etc.... It takes time for players to gel, etc.... Its obvious they are going to get better each game as they play more and more together. I think losing to the US was a blessing in disguise... gave us a wake up call and a chance to play Germany and get more practice.
why is canada so special? all the other teams need to gel too.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #34
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I didn't read where I said other teams don't need to gel. I said players to gel...

As for the US game, Canada dominated the game. They ran into a hot goalie (Miller). It happens. Many teams have won the olympics, and the Stanley Cup for that matter, riding the waves of a hot goaltender. It's the nature of hockey.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #35
pawcio
6th Gear Member

^ u never mentioned teams, true. but its a level playing field. all teams had an equal amount of time for their players to 'gel' and canada was slacking in the first few games.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #36
2slow2race
6th Gear Member

USA is up 6-0 on finland in the 1st period of the first semi-final.
wow
2slow2race is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: