Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
dejan_da_dude
E36-err

Question Hit by a snow storm->Stuck -Overheat -Help

Hey Everyone!

I went to work in the morning on the 22nd, when I came out it - Kitchener/GTA area got hit with alot of snow - I started driving home and got stuck in 20 cm of snow/ shush and $hit. Tried budging the car out of it - no luck.. I didnít abuse my gears/engine trying to get out of it. By the end of it my car overheated-coolant started shooting out of the [what seems to look like a bleeder -on top of the coolant overflow tank] because of the pressure I'm guessing and heating doesn't work in the car when itís at full temp - Full Cold blow

I'm guessing my thermostat went, all of this happened last night and I had to leave my car at a nearby old folks home. This morning I went to go pick it up - Started just fine and drove for about 3km to my house. When I got close by she started to overheat again about 3/4 of the gauge

Any Suggestions?
dejan_da_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Check the coolant level, there may be a leak and you have little or no fluid. Maybe a blockage somewhere in the coolant flow/rad. If you have a plastic impeller pump that could have broken and went into the engine. You could also have a headgasket issue (blown) and causing coolant to leak into the engine (check the oil).

Your thermostat is not the culprit in this case.

T.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
dil
2nd Gear Member

tht sucks man i had that problem i had to get a new cyclinder head, rad, waterpump
dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
dejan_da_dude
E36-err

$hitttttttt. i hope the head gasket didnt go.. but the rad did blow out the bottom tho
dejan_da_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

possibly the water pump + thermostat

Tags
overheat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: