Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #16
magnus
6th Gear Member

Its a darn parking space. They should have let her have it. So what if fit people walk 10 meters more. Its like those damn morons who have to park 1 meter from the entrance of the gym so they dont walk too much.
If they would have given her the space she would stfu and probaply return it soon as i doubt she will leave long!
But i guess walking nowdays is too hard for fit people unless its their dailly power run! I mean the furthest you have to walk in a place like the above is what? 25 meters?
I say good for her!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"

Last edited by magnus; 02-12-2010 at 09:00 PM.
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #17
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
thats awesome .. very well said.

check this out..

what happend to human decency and protecting the victim
That's sickening. WTF has this world come to. They didn't get involved because it's not in their contract?! They should have gotten involved as human beings for god's sake, Fu*k the contract. I can't believe people could just stand around and do nothing. It's vids like this that really make me lose faith in the human race.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
Its a darn parking space. They should have let her have it. So what if fit people walk 10 meters more. Its like those damn morons who have to park 1 meter from the entrance of the gym so they dont walk too much.
If they would have given her the space she would stfu and probaply return it soon as i doubt she will leave long!
But i guess walking nowdays is too hard for fit people unless its their dailly power run! I mean the furthest you have to walk in a place like the above is what? 25 meters?
I say good for her!
The problem isn't the fact people have to walk more, it's the fact that the government is now starting to dictate people's private lives based on people complaining because they can't get what they want. This story also shows that the government has decided to essentially rate one disability over another, and somehow this fat woman is considered to be more disabled than the elderly woman with the bad shoulder. What gives the government the right to make that determination?

People in condo's generally pay a lot of money for parking spots, so it's essentially their property.

I own a townhouse, and my driveway is connected to my neighbor's, so would it be alright if the government came along and told me my neighbors now get my driveway because they need to park a special handycap van on it? and I'm shit out of luck. Oh and for good measure I have to pay them $10,000 for their trouble? Doesn't make much sense to me.

It has nothing to do with people's fitness level.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #19
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
The problem isn't the fact people have to walk more, it's the fact that the government is now starting to dictate people's private lives based on people complaining because they can't get what they want. This story also shows that the government has decided to essentially rate one disability over another, and somehow this fat woman is considered to be more disabled than the elderly woman with the bad shoulder. What gives the government the right to make that determination?

People in condo's generally pay a lot of money for parking spots, so it's essentially their property.

I own a townhouse, and my driveway is connected to my neighbor's, so would it be alright if the government came along and told me my neighbors now get my driveway because they need to park a special handycap van on it? and I'm shit out of luck. Oh and for good measure I have to pay them $10,000 for their trouble? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Youre issue is with the government??

We have MAXBIMMER MEMBERS that rate countires like HAITI as being MORE important then other coutnries.. I want to see what haiti does now that their debts have been cleared and have been given a second chance.

OH WAIT FOR IT.. Probably nothing.

And you ask why the governemtn creates a hierachy?? Things are all relative.. when your OWN damn population doesn't realize its rating people with stereotypes, etc, what the **** you expect the governemnt to do?

I dont feel bad for anyone in this case. **** eveyone. good for the fat bitch.

you guys created this mess with your hippie bullshit.. Lets be tough on some crimes, but not on others.. Lets do this that and the other, but not this and this because it might offend so and so... W/e. I dont give a shit.

What you people dont realize, and not you on max but the general population doesn't realize, YOU CANT HAVE THE CAKE ANd EAT IT TOO... And this is what you get.. you asked for it. And you got it. Instead of having a strong back bone you didn't.. you caved to bullshit political corectness...

So now this is what you get in your face.

Good., give fat people wht they want. i dont care anymore. Who is going to say anything anyway??? OH SHIT some people on the forums are going to create a topic? I dont give a ****. you all sit there in peace anyway and let the world transform in your face and you dont give a shit.

the unions disapear.. you get shtty contracts.. But you dont give a shit.. You let it happen to you becuas e youre too scared or too jealous...

Welcome to the future.. Be prepared for alot more of this. Be prepared for alot of bullshit that you wont be able to do anythign about.. All because you agreed with it.

Instead of fighitng back when the police wanted to check your homes, you let them right in. In stead of asking for due process, and search warrants you caved to the fear.. So you all ****ing lose, and this is the price you pay.

ENJOY IT.

Last edited by sirex; 02-13-2010 at 01:09 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #20
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post

We have MAXBIMMER MEMBERS that rate countires like HAITI as being MORE important then other coutnries.. I want to see what haiti does now that their debts have been cleared and have been given a second chance.

And you ask why the governemtn creates a hierachy?? Things are all relative.. when your OWN damn population doesn't realize its rating people with stereotypes, etc, what the **** you expect the governemnt to do?

you guys created this mess with your hippie bullshit.. Lets be tough on some crimes, but not on others.. Lets do this that and the other, but not this and this because it might offend so and so... W/e. I dont give a shit.

What you people dont realize, and not you on max but the general population doesn't realize, YOU CANT HAVE THE CAKE ANd EAT IT TOO... And this is what you get.. you asked for it. And you got it. Instead of having a strong back bone you didn't.. you caved to bullshit political corectness...

Good., give fat people wht they want. i dont care anymore. Who is going to say anything anyway??? OH SHIT some people on the forums are going to create a topic? I dont give a ****. you all sit there in peace anyway and let the world transform in your face and you dont give a shit.

the unions disapear.. you get shtty contracts.. But you dont give a shit.. You let it happen to you becuas e youre too scared or too jealous...

Welcome to the future.. Be prepared for alot more of this. Be prepared for alot of bullshit that you wont be able to do anythign about.. All because you agreed with it.

Instead of fighitng back when the police wanted to check your homes, you let them right in. In stead of asking for due process, and search warrants you caved to the fear.. So you all ****ing lose, and this is the price you pay.

ENJOY IT.
Yes my issue is with the government. The government is representative of the population that bothers to vote, so indirectly, yes my issue is with the population.

Was the rest directed at me in particular? If it was I'll rebutt, but otherwise they're not my views so I won't bother.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #21
sirex
King Sirex

no why would it be directed at you? just how i feel... and its the truth.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #22
chromius
6th Gear Member

Just wasn't' sure, because you had me quoted in your reply. In fact I agree with some of the stuff you said.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #23
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post

ENJOY IT.
Seriously, have you had your blood pressure checked?

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #24
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post

I am not arguing about that. I just find it silly that this could all have been avoided if they gave her the parking space. At the end of the day it may be her fault she is fat but able-fit people should be more understanding of people with "special needs".
Personally i would just let her have it. For the simple reason, if in the future i am not as abled bodied or fit i would like the same treatment. Unfortunately though people nowdays are more selfish than ever and expect all their rights without considering their obligations.
To understand what i mean imagine if instead of fat she was too old or had multiple sklirosis (dont know if i speeled that right). Would they argue with her then? Nad before anyone says being fat is not the same....welll yes but being fat for a long term breings serious effects. And if a Dr. finds her dissabled because of that well then i have to agree with them.

Lo they do call to me

Last edited by magnus; 02-13-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^i think the problem is we dont consider extreme obesiety to be a social need. Sure, some people have diseases that make them fat, but many people are just fat cause they dont care enough to take care of themselves.

A doctor finding you disabled in canada doesn't mean anything. I am completly covered under the definition of a disabled person. I am legally blind. My prescription is -4.75/-5.50.

Should i be on disability?
Should i get a disabled parking permit?
Should i apply for disability tax benefits?

Would you guys stand up for me if i did and people got pissed?

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:01 PM   #26
Trimline
2nd Gear Member

I'd sue the condo corp if I was told to give up my parking spot. They have insurance for reasons like this. Then I'd buy the obese person a big bucket of KFC every holiday and hope that they choke on it.
Trimline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #27
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
^^i think the problem is we dont consider extreme obesiety to be a social need. Sure, some people have diseases that make them fat, but many people are just fat cause they dont care enough to take care of themselves.

A doctor finding you disabled in canada doesn't mean anything. I am completly covered under the definition of a disabled person. I am legally blind. My prescription is -4.75/-5.50.

Should i be on disability?
Should i get a disabled parking permit?
Should i apply for disability tax benefits?

Would you guys stand up for me if i did and people got pissed?
I agree with you. However in this case obviously the more the woman walks the more she suffers. If she had say a hand missing or was deaf or something i would not defend her action. But obviously having a closer parking space has quite an effect on her life.
And i always think if you can make someones life better by minimum effort you should. It would be, as an example, if you asked me to type this message with larger font so you can read it. Why wouldnt i if i knew you have impaired vision (just using you to make a point.Hope you dont mind!)

Lo they do call to me
Old 02-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #28
Manimillion
Photographer

Good job, now you'll be hated till the rest of your life and no body in your condo or so called "micro enviroment" would want to help you with the smallest thing.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #29
ryanjv
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to ryanjv
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus View Post
I am not arguing about that. I just find it silly that this could all have been avoided if they gave her the parking space. At the end of the day it may be her fault she is fat but able-fit people should be more understanding of people with "special needs".
did you not read the article. they kicked out a senior citizen with a dislocated shoulder so that a fat lady who could have used the extra walk/exercise in her life can be lazier.

Even if you still think that's acceptable. why is it that every other neighbour has to pay towards the $10,000 when her beef is with the Condo Association. it didn't concern most of them, so why should they suffer because lard-ass is a whiner. If she took a long walk every time she complained over the last few years, maybe she wouldn't even need the spot.

i hope the appeal goes through and she gets nothing, but a gym membership
ryanjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
hustler
2nd Gear Member

I have two thoughts:

1. How can the judge tell me to give up my deeded property (parking spot) because my neighbour did not buy a suitable unit? That violates a number of principles of property ownership, and I can't even begin to understand how they go about enforcing it.

2. **** whiny people.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: