Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #31
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WDFUN View Post
Ok, I will sell my RR for an e30, those are uber reliable, right?
just sell your m5 for a RR oh wait you did that allready
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #32
W2WDETAILING
Banned

so anyways have you called rogers yet?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #33
4WDFUN
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
just sell your m5 for a RR oh wait you did that allready
What's with people ragging on me for selling the M5? It was fun while it lasted, the car was amazing, but I have decided that keeping my license may be a priority over a car I get to drive 6mths out of the year.

Don't sink to the level of Elgato.

Plus, air ride is uber cool, when it works.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #34
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
What's with people ragging on me for selling the M5? It was fun while it lasted, the car was amazing, but I have decided that keeping my license may be a priority over a car I get to drive 6mths out of the year.

Don't sink to the level of Elgato.

Plus, air ride is uber cool, when it works.
oh i agree but i just had to mention it because i know how sensitive you are about the subject... all in good fun... enjoy the rr
Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #35
Arash
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
It's called an IMEI number, for future reference. Just call rogers and you'll get somewhere. Worst case is you block your phone completely which means nobody can get any personal data from it or use it. Almost nobody knows about this for some reason.
Even the Rogers reps didn't know about this,, I talked to the Lost/Stolen department and also the tech support department. They said there's no way to freeze the phone or find out if a new SIM is installed.. All they can do is block the line.

I also filed a report with the York Regional Police,, they took the serial # and some other info and said that they would follow up on it, don't know if anything will come out of it but was worth a shot..
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #36
Arash
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Why are you so dumb to leave it just lying on a table at a public place? Regardless who is around, that phone is as good as gone. I would take it too if I saw one just lying around.
BTW, don't get an iphone again, they are shit.
So are you proud of being a thief? I have found 3 phones in the past couple of years,, every time I have got a hold of the owner and given it back. Karma's a bitch, and a phone is just not worth it
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #37
4WDFUN
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
So are you proud of being a thief? I have found 3 phones in the past couple of years,, every time I have got a hold of the owner and given it back. Karma's a bitch, and a phone is just not worth it
I would not go out of my way to steal anything, but if ur dumb enough to leave it behind like that, believe what you want, I would grab it.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:06 PM   #38
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

ummm....what happened to your "OG" account again?

sink on my level. lol.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #39
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
My wife lost her iPhone as well, any good places to get a unlocked replacement? Sh*t happens sometimes.
Thanks.
Unlocking any 3G iphone takes about 10 minutes and requires no technical skill. If you need more info PM.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #40
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
Unlocking any 3G iphone takes about 10 minutes and requires no technical skill. If you need more info PM.
Any place I can get a locked iPhone?
Should I just tell AT&T I lost mine, give the old one to the wife, and get a replacement from them, or do they lock it if I declare it lost?

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #41
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Any place I can get a locked iPhone?
Should I just tell AT&T I lost mine, give the old one to the wife, and get a replacement from them, or do they lock it if I declare it lost?
im pretty sure its declared stolen when you report it lost im pretty sure
Old 02-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #42
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

they tag the esn/meid on your phone stolen and you wont be able to swap it to her account.
check out mp3player.com
its a bunch of china knock off phones, a few ppl i know bought from them and are VERY happy, i couldnt find anything that interested me, but im quite happy with my old nokia so maybe thats why

p.s, i had to
Attached Images
File Type: png iphone_vs_rock.png (128.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #43
pawcio
6th Gear Member

^ the rock can also do multitasking

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #44
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
you sure about this? that would be amazing,, b/c when I got it I went for 0 deductible for extra $2/mth.. Don't they only cover if it's stolen from your home??
It all depends on the type of policy you bought. Essentially there are 3 levels of home/property insurance:
1- Fire & extended Form coverage (Fire & EC)
2- Broad Form coverage (Broad)
3- Comprehensive Form coverage (Comp)
Fire & EC is the lowest on the totem pole. Just building coverage, no contents coverage (but can be purchased) This wouldn't be your situation But for reference.... It is often purchased for cottages/seasonal homes - burglary coverage is optional and there must be signs of "forced entry" for the coverage to apply. So if you left your phone on your cottage dock and the next time you went up there it's gone - there is no coverage.

A Broad Form policy lists the only the "perils" you are insured for and it is one helluva list. Theft is on there and your phone would be covered (providing you reported the loss to the local police - always a requirement for theft coverage), whether you are at a restaurant, staying at a friends place, or on vacation in Fuji. The wording says "...anywhere in the world.."

Comprehensive Form says "you are insured against all risks of direct physical loss or damage subject to the exclusions and conditions on this form" and goes on to list 24 or so items detailing those exclusions and conditions. In practical terms Broad and Comp are very similar BUT Comp affords you 2 BIG benefits:
1-mysterious disappearance ex: You go to use your phone after a few days of not using it and can't find it anywhere. (or a more common example is a diamond falls out of your wife's ring) you can't say exactly where it happened, or even if someone took it. that is covered.
2-accidental damage ex: You are doing laundry, carrying your bleach on top of your basket full of clothes. You slip and drop the basket. The bleach bottle explodes, destroying your carpet, couch, and 1/2 the clothes. All covered (same would go for dropping your phone, BTW).
With any loss you have to consider what impact the claim has on your premium and future policies. If you have had property insurance for 3 or more years you may be getting a claims free discount (5%-15%) you would lose that. Further 2 property claims in 3 years will get you non-renewed and put you in a "high risk" category. (where tenants policies can start around $1000 )

My general advice to clients is this: property insurance should be viewed as more of a catastrophic loss policy. It is not intended to cover every mistake and minor theft. If your $600 bike is stolen at the library, that sucks, but it's not worth jeopardizing your renewal. If your whole garage gets cleaned out, that is what your policy is for.

So specific to your situation, your tenants policy may cover it, but weigh the impact. If you are considering buying a home in the next 3-5 years then I wouldn't claim it. Your tenants insurance is relatively inexpensive so losing that claims free discount looks like no big deal. BUT on a home policy that discount would buy you a new I-phone every year.

Just a tip: The deductible buy down is generally a waste of money (IMO), though I understand it looks and sounds good. You are paying $24 a year to insure $300-$500 ($1 of premium per $20 of coverage) compared to the rest of your policy $300 for $30,000 of contents coverage ($1 premium per $100 of coverage) You aren't going to make a claim that often. If you got rid of the deductible buy down it would be the equivalent of a 5-10% discount

In any event, I'd call your broker/agent and ask their opinion before you make any final decisions.

Sorry for the novel

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #45
kevin325
AMG ETR

Arash,

Was this all stars in richmond hill?

kevin325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: