Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #16
MiroE36
6th Gear Member
 
MiroE36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,896


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
I'm either getting another iphone or a crappy $50-$100 phone. no other phone is worth the $$..
you might just end up hurting some peoples' feelings with what you said there, have you no shame?
__________________
1992 325i / Briliant rot - SOLD @ 301,000km
1998 318is / Arktic silber - SOLD @ 207,000km
2007 335i / Jet Black - CURRENT @ 28,000 km

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
notjoe
600rwhp here i come
 
notjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: A Dream World
Posts: 2,716
Send a message via ICQ to notjoe
Check out the Motorola Droid. It runs Android 2.0 and is a very slick phone!
notjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.
 
PinkieMoscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Thornhill, ON
Posts: 1,659
call your service provider tell them your phone was stolen. They have it's id number. They can check if it is active or not. If it happens to be active they can see what sim card it is registered to.

Worst case scenario if it doesn't reactivate in awhile tell them to just block the phone id number (forgot the technical term for it) from activating on and grid. It sucks but do it to spite the ass the took it.
__________________
mintdetailing.ca

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 02-06-2010 at 08:38 PM.
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
W2WDETAILING
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East York
Posts: 1,264
just call it?!?! its your fault for leaving your i phone at the bar for 30 min. have you spoken to mgmt? at the bar????
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #20
FoxyGirl3
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 12
why don't you just leave the keys in your ignition ? with a note on the car that says "take me" ....
why would you leave your phone (especially an iphone) at the table .. for 30 mins
FoxyGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #21
STALKER
6th Gear Member
 
STALKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Burlington, ON
Posts: 3,627
Send a message via MSN to STALKER
My wife lost her iPhone as well, any good places to get a unlocked replacement? Sh*t happens sometimes.
Thanks.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #22
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali
 
ACS_DAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: OJ Didn't Do it.
Posts: 1,312
Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
My wife lost her iPhone as well, any good places to get a unlocked replacement? Sh*t happens sometimes.
Thanks.
Try Pacific Mall.
ACS_DAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #23
4WDFUN
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: My car
Posts: 90
Why are you so dumb to leave it just lying on a table at a public place? Regardless who is around, that phone is as good as gone. I would take it too if I saw one just lying around.
BTW, don't get an iphone again, they are shit.
__________________
Bimmers and Rovers make the world go round and round.
4WDFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #24
W2WDETAILING
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East York
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WDFUN View Post
Why are you so dumb to leave it just lying on a table at a public place? Regardless who is around, that phone is as good as gone. I would take it too if I saw one just lying around.
BTW, don't get an iphone again, they are shit.
why do you say i phones are shit terry???
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #25
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member
 
El Gato Liso's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brampton
Posts: 3,139
because iphones are like range rovers.
__________________
R.I.P. E30
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #26
pawcio
6th Gear Member
 
pawcio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 1,606
^ hahaha.

they're shit because the only reason they're popular is good advertising and huge sales. that doesn't make them good, it makes them popular.
__________________
__

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #27
W2WDETAILING
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East York
Posts: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
because iphones are like range rovers.
yeah but when your rover breaks down in the middle of nowhere and you have no reception. you can use your flashlight app to look for the problem with the rover. and if you cant figure it out you can go thru the range rover repair manual app, that you downloaded because you knew you would need it one day. now how use full is your i phone???
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #28
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieMoscow View Post
call your service provider tell them your phone was stolen. They have it's id number. They can check if it is active or not. If it happens to be active they can see what sim card it is registered to.

Worst case scenario if it doesn't reactivate in awhile tell them to just block the phone id number (forgot the technical term for it) from activating on and grid. It sucks but do it to spite the ass the took it.
It's called an IMEI number, for future reference. Just call rogers and you'll get somewhere. Worst case is you block your phone completely which means nobody can get any personal data from it or use it. Almost nobody knows about this for some reason.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #29
4WDFUN
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: My car
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
why do you say i phones are shit terry???
I am on my second one(first one got warrantied). They freeze, have crappy reception and it seems they become dicalibrated when u try to type. (I text a lot, so I've felt the difference is precision).
__________________
Bimmers and Rovers make the world go round and round.
4WDFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #30
4WDFUN
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: My car
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
because iphones are like range rovers.
Ok, I will sell my RR for an e30, those are uber reliable, right?
__________________
Bimmers and Rovers make the world go round and round.
4WDFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015