Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 01:12 AM   #16
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane
 
slemmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Missed in 'sauga
Posts: 3,002


Can't get any clearer than this.
__________________

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member
 
StikiGreenZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Milton, ON
Posts: 1,602
Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
^ I don't see anything sexually suggestive about that windchill chart...
Am I missing something?
I think they mean National Weather Service (NWS), not Not Work Safe
__________________
-

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
I think they mean National Weather Service (NWS), not Not Work Safe


__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #19
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
I still dont understand why that is relative to news reporting.
Think about it.... (if you can)...

If someone were to walk outside on a still day in -10C weather, and their window thermometer told them it would be -10 out, they would be prepared for it. If on the other hand the wind is blowing like a mother and their window thermometer reads -10, but the actual conditions will affect his body as if it were -20C, he'll freeze if he leaves the house dressed for -10.

Make sense?

The news probably doesn't give a **** about you personally, but they are reporting facts that other people might care about... the elderly, children and their parents, people who walk and take transit... get the idea?
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #20
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,368
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #21
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!
 
Axxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,775
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
__________________

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #22
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291
 
craigIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chatham
Posts: 2,044
Send a message via MSN to craigIS
does anyone else enjoy threads where ppl insert random funny ass pictures as much as i do?
__________________


flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #23
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
does anyone else enjoy threads where ppl insert random funny ass pictures as much as i do?
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #24
Blades
Your opinion is to long
 
Blades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 5,368
__________________
-=[ BL/\DES ]=-



All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #25
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #26
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291
 
craigIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chatham
Posts: 2,044
Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
FTMFW lmao
__________________


flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #27
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Think about it.... (if you can)...

If someone were to walk outside on a still day in -10C weather, and their window thermometer told them it would be -10 out, they would be prepared for it. If on the other hand the wind is blowing like a mother and their window thermometer reads -10, but the actual conditions will affect his body as if it were -20C, he'll freeze if he leaves the house dressed for -10.

Make sense?

The news probably doesn't give a **** about you personally, but they are reporting facts that other people might care about... the elderly, children and their parents, people who walk and take transit... get the idea?


Using the factors of wind + cold it is working at -20. So it doesn't just feel like -20, its actually acting like -20 weather would. think about that if you can.
__________________
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #28
Fel
Not Banned
 
Fel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Schomberg
Posts: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Using the factors of wind + cold it is working at -20. So it doesn't just feel like -20, its actually acting like -20 weather would. think about that if you can.
Whatever you say speshul. The only one in here who doesn't get it is you.
__________________
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #29
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Using the factors of wind + cold it is working at -20. So it doesn't just feel like -20, its actually acting like -20 weather would. think about that if you can.
Negative, it only feels like that temperature to us. Here's another example to put it into perspective. You go to the movies and park your car in the lot. During the movie a blizzard rolls in it's only -15 but with the wind it's like -40. Keep in mind that over the course of the movie your car has cooled down. You come out of the movie, son of a bitch you almost die getting to your car. You quickly unlock your car and get inside. What a relief right? That's because it's only -15 inside your car and there's no wind... unless your window seals are shot, then it might feel like -20.

Get the idea?
__________________
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #30
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,850
That doesn't make any sense. Feeling is subjective to the individual.

Its not "like -40" when the wind is That strong, the weather ACTS as if its -40. That means, yes in your car, that does not FEEL the effect of the win its only -15, but, wherever the wind touches, it produces the effect of -40.

For example water -15 will freeze in 5 minutes (i dont know the actual number but for exampl sake)... But water at -15 being expsode to winds taht create a wind chill factor of -40 according to the chart posted earlier, will freeze in 1 minute. Because even though its only -15, the windchill makes the temp act like -40 even though its -15.

This is why, and the only deductive reason, that they would claim wind chill in the first place. Because frostbite happens 100% quicker in some cases as well.. Why is that?

If the wind didn't make the temperature act and actually be colder then it already was, then why would they claim windchil?? OH IT FEELS LIKE -40...

But big deal if it feels like -40, if its only -15 then you know you cant get hurt.. OH but you get frostibte quicker... why is that though? Why are the frostibite times the same for windchill with -40, and regular temperature of -40? Because they act the same way on the enviroment.

This leads me to conclude that "IT FEELS LIKE " is a load of bullshit.

It should be called hence forth WIND CHILL, and anyone that says "it feels like" should be shot. It could feel like -100 to me.. you dont know what it feels like to me.


I particuallry like that you guys come in here with youre know it all attitude, and toss around the sarcasm, and the insults because youve been bought into believeing everything you see... Ya, the TV is going ot tell you how you feel!!! 1 No, Winchill is -40, BUTTON the **** up.

PS....
If im incorrect about water freezing quicker in the face of windchill vs. regular standing temp, please correct me. Id like to see that information.
__________________

Last edited by sirex; 02-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015