Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiital View Post
This is all VERY possible. As said in the video there is a 11yr cycle. The last cycle ended about Dec 2008. So we are in theory going back up. But the level of sunspots has been sooooo low that it’s like there isn’t any activity what so ever. This might sound great, because less likely to affect things like Satellite and power grids. But this is a problem on a number of fronts.

I’m a Licensed Amateur Radio operator and we rely on the solar storms to be able to communicate via Radio around the world. I won’t go into all the workings of it, but the short form is that when earth is hit by a blast of gas from the sun it excites layers(atoms) in our atmosphere which reflects the radio signals back to earth instead of floating off into space. Some people call it skip, much like a rock skipping across the pond. We haven’t had those sun farts to excite the layers so that signals skip around the world, makes for a shitty hobby when the whole point of skipping your signal around the world does happen 
Side Note: And some will say why bother when we have the internet. Well tell that to people say in Haiti/Katrina, power grid down, no cell, no satellite. BUT a ham radio operator with a car battery and a long piece of wire can setup a station in a matter of a few mins and transmits around the world what’s going on. I helped back in the 90’s with the PQ ice storm, even here in Canada, when the storm hit many communities had no means to ‘talk’ outside of the town. Ham Radio operators setup stations around City Halls to send updates back to control centers like I worked in, in downtown Toronto.

On to other problems. If the sun isn’t farting the way it should that the pressure builds, much like a lot of use after a good bowl of chili, that gas builds up and up. At one point it’s going to have to be released and you HOPE it’s going to be a slow and steady flow. BUT should it be a big bang you’re going to have a major skid mark(EARTH) And it’s going to be a very bad day when that happens.
What happens is this wave of energy hits the earth, that energy is picked up by our hydro lines, which act like antennas.(try this experiment, run a LONG wire across a field a few feet above the ground on a windy day, wait a few mins, now touch the end of it, tell me what happens, MB users with pacemakers please don’t try this). So this flow of energy hits the grid and its gotta go somewhere. That somewhere is transformers and your PC, LCD TVs, and if that happens BANG BANG BANG!! Up in smoke they go. Sure a lot of electronics/transformers are designed to take some overload, but not in a magnitude of what may seem like a direct hit be lightening.

http://www.solarcycle24.com/
sound a lot like how HAARP works.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
What the hell's the point of mentioning what we're vulnerable from? Honestly why do you always post these things? What are you trying to say? Alot of things can happen, doesn't mean that they will. Do you constantly worry about getting run over by a drunk bus driver when you walk down the street? Do you worry about a car crashing through your house as you sit in your living room? If you don't then you shouldn't have to worry about all of these crazy doomsday and conspiracy theories.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of seeing these posts that blow everything out of proportion flooding the forums.
+1 agreed
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #18
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
What the hell's the point of mentioning what we're vulnerable from? Honestly why do you always post these things? What are you trying to say? Alot of things can happen, doesn't mean that they will. Do you constantly worry about getting run over by a drunk bus driver when you walk down the street? Do you worry about a car crashing through your house as you sit in your living room? If you don't then you shouldn't have to worry about all of these crazy doomsday and conspiracy theories.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of seeing these posts that blow everything out of proportion flooding the forums.
Someone has to plan ahead to protect human beings against disasters (however unlikely). This isn't some conspiracy theory. It's backed up by solid scientific research (not no hocus pocus magic stuff). So glad a lazy ass that doesn't care to read anything he can't understand isn't in charge of our society.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: