Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #16
uber e36
6th Gear Member

Girls car.
uber e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
maroli
6th Gear Member

To your point Chigga, there are tons of cars out there that can be modified to handle better. But the SC430 has ZERO steering feel, doesn't have much room etc etc-what car is it trying to be? With the lack of room and the ride you expect sports car like handling, but it understeers like hell and has terrible steering feel. The car rolls a lot and STILL the ride isn't great. It doesn't know if its a boulvardier or a sports car, so it takes the worst parts of each. It does have a good (enough) engine and of course the fit and finish is excellent because its a Lexus, but look at the european market where its a giant flop. The europeans have more discerning tastes in automobiles.......I know we see a lot of them in Toronto, but Toronto is a taste vacuum. Anyway,
Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #18
Red_Rocket
2nd Gear Member

You cant put the roof down if anything at all is in the trunk. They have runflats which is why they drive and feel like crap. You cant use the back seat unless you are legless. Id go for another car. That being said I did see a modified one once with a body kit and it looked amazing. The IS300 is a nice car but its not convertable and the manual versions are harder to find. Good engine too (2JZ) but it has TBW so i dont like the throttle response of them.
Red_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #19
nyzryd3
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys for the input. i actually went to check one out today, and man its a big car in person. i under estimated the size of this beast. the interior is nice but tight. Im on the fence about it. looks good though. basically next car wont be doing any mods, just leave it stock. so im after a really nice one.

chigga - nice lexus. very nicely done. sick ride.
nyzryd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyzryd3 View Post
thanks guys for the input. i actually went to check one out today, and man its a big car in person. i under estimated the size of this beast. the interior is nice but tight. Im on the fence about it. looks good though. basically next car wont be doing any mods, just leave it stock. so im after a really nice one.

chigga - nice lexus. very nicely done. sick ride.
it's big???? what are you smoking! its tiny the back seat is uncomfortable and the car looks gay stock why do you want this car sure the hardtop folds into the trunk but dont let that selll you to the car.. you can get something way better for the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
nyzryd3
3rd Gear Member

^^ i meant the overall size of the car is big, i said the interior is tight.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:49 PM   #22
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Nah, when I compare it to LS, it does not feel tight and solid like S class and other high end 6 digit cars. Not the best for your buck.

Why not just get a LS?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #23
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
Nah, when I compare it to LS, it does not feel tight and solid like S class and other high end 6 digit cars. Not the best for your buck.

Why not just get a LS?
x2 , I would have got an LS if i didnt get my Li

2003 745Li Titanium Sliver Metallic w/ Black Interior
PDC, ACC, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound Package.
21" OEM Style 128, Angel iBright V3 w/ Matching Fogs, H&R Springs, BTUM8000, LED Side/Front Markers, White Bulb Interior/License Plate,
Stealth Bulb Signals, 15mm Rear Spacers, ACS Style Roof and Trunk Spoilers, Debadged
Mikey83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #24
nyzryd3
3rd Gear Member

whats an "LS"?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #25
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

If you get the SC at least get a black Pebble Beach Edition only! Put some tints, and get yourself some nice deep dish rims. That should look half decent, although it is a very feminine car!

The interior is beautiful, especially with the Navi! but the exterior is odd....

I would personally get a LS though!

All in all, amazing quality, you shouldn't have any problems with it!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: