Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #31
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30krazy View Post
I juts bought an E39.. It had passed safety and I trusted my kowledge for BMW.. Turns out I know nothing about BMW... I got the car, 6000Km down the road.. Left Upper Control Arm, Sway bar links (Front) and the best Power Steering rack leaking..
I still love my car.. But I do not know how to work on them.. $$$$$$$$ ..

Sweet Rides, Expensive to fix...

Enjoy Jay
Tell us more about your e39, year/model/millage price?
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #32
e30krazy
1st Gear Newbie

2002 525i - Blue on Tan with luxury pakage.. 160K, Iam 3rd owner...
Very well kept, My mistake I took work of the seller who use to work at a dealership before.. I paid $10500, Addtional $1000.00 to get the troubles fixed but all in all a head turner with Angel Eyes and M style fog lights.. NO ACCIDENTS, NOT EVEN A SCRATCH..
Runs very clean and smooth..

Cheers
Jay
e30krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #33
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I wouldn't trust carfax or carproof. Bear, remember that Marketplace episode we saw on it?? Basically they are meaningless. They actually say to never trust it, always get a professional to examine the car. But still buy it for 'added protection'. From what lol?! They're a total and complete shiest.

Always get a car up on a hoist and have a mechanic you trust examine it. You can see body damage underneath that is repaired up top.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #34
ecuconnection
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
I wouldn't trust carfax or carproof. Bear, remember that Marketplace episode we saw on it?? Basically they are meaningless. They actually say to never trust it, always get a professional to examine the car. But still buy it for 'added protection'. From what lol?! They're a total and complete shiest.

Always get a car up on a hoist and have a mechanic you trust examine it. You can see body damage underneath that is repaired up top.
Good call jay, and I do remember that show Haha. The guy representing car fax, well that was just funny!
ecuconnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #35
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post

Carfax is crap yes, but carproof is good. In fact, that marketplace spot they did on it, they used the carproof info to check to see if the carfax stuff was bogus.

Obviously nothing beats a proper PPI. But there are things a carproof can reveal that even a PPI might not find. So it's always good to do both.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #36
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

I might be wrong but carfax is better option if buying a car from US/was in US/accident record in US or something.

I'll use car proof next time.
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: