Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

Whats a good suppliment?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of a whey protein that has creatine and glutamine mixed all together? Does it make sense to go this route, i don't want to get massive (actually i am trying to become a bit more lean), but i was told that they help with muscle recovery after my work out?

PS. It would be nice if it tasted good as well

thanks
vegabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
davericher20
black and blue

supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Bliss
Administrator

There's a TON of supps out there...

Just grab a tub of good iso whey protein(i use Optimum Nutrition), and for post-workout muscle recovery grab any simple sugar(pop, or whatever) and you're good! I'm not a huge fan of creatine, esp if you're cutting.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #4
dbworld4k
Addict

^+1. What Bruce said. On-Whey has some very good stuff also that I've used in the past. I've been off all supps for a while now and thinking about getting back on. Looking to add a slight more muscle and lean out the rest, especially the core.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Kal
maxRealtor

Send a message via MSN to Kal
Most protien powder already contains glutamine so you don't need to buy that and like the others said, creatine isn't known for cutting. Creatine will help you recover faster and give you strength though. If you do decide to buy creatine buy purple K as it won't cause any bloating.

But in any case, its obvious that your new to working out (or using supplements at least). For now, work out consistently on a healthy diet for at least 3 to 6 months before you decide that you need supplements. Why do you even feel you need protien powder? Are you not getting enough from your diet?
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #6
vegabass
How do i shift gears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
^+1. What Bruce said. On-Whey has some very good stuff also that I've used in the past. I've been off all supps for a while now and thinking about getting back on. Looking to add a slight more muscle and lean out the rest, especially the core.
That is exactly what i am trying to aim for. Where can i buy it?

Quote:
Most protien powder already contains glutamine so you don't need to buy that and like the others said, creatine isn't known for cutting. Creatine will help you recover faster and give you strength though. If you do decide to buy creatine buy purple K as it won't cause any bloating.

But in any case, its obvious that your new to working out (or using supplements at least). For now, work out consistently on a healthy diet for at least 3 to 6 months before you decide that you need supplements. Why do you even feel you need protein powder? Are you not getting enough from your diet?

I am at school and it is very hard to keep a steady diet. I figured that protein would help. Also a buddy of mine told me it helps with muscle recovery. He also mentioned something about after a workout your muscles starve and need protein right away. Also after my cardio i started to drop weight, I dont want to loose weight but rather just shape up.
vegabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
slimjim
Almost Sideways

many workout heads dont know this, but recieving protein from the same suppliment or food source for a long period of time can really mess some of your organs up.

Believe me, if you are financially stable or your parents buy food, its easy to manage school, work, gym, eating and then some. you just have to force yourself to follow a structured routine and it becomes easier as time goes on.

personally i think of suppliments as a bad idea, its not like you take them and its 100% benificial. but to each their own.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
slimjim
Almost Sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass View Post

I am at school and it is very hard to keep a steady diet. I figured that protein would help. Also a buddy of mine told me it helps with muscle recovery. He also mentioned something about after a workout your muscles starve and need protein right away. Also after my cardio i started to drop weight, I dont want to loose weight but rather just shape up.
basically when u strength train, u gain weight. with cardio, you burn calories (loose weight). you will never look ripped if all you do is strength training. you need to find a balance between them if you want to stay the same weight. Or you can concentrate on one and then work on the other. what ever works best for you. Personally i stay away from cardio and do powersets 10-8-6 increasing the weight every set.

i think a good plan for someone with your goals would be doing a powerset of 6-8 reps max weight, and the next 2 sets with smaller weights for your cardio.

Last edited by slimjim; 01-21-2010 at 05:58 PM.
slimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
Bliss
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass View Post

You can buy ON products at most GNC's and Popeye's.

Your buddy is right. Your muscles are deprived of energy (sugar) after a workout, so you want to feed them right after. Always try to have protein before and after, and maintain a good steady intake of it throughout your day. Your rule of thumb should be 1g/lb when maintaining, and 2g/lb while building. It sounds a lot, because it is! Keep in mind that taking in so much protein has it's downs to it as well...your liver digests it, and works on overload which can be dangerous, but if you're young and healthy, you should be good. It's the old folks who shouldn't be taking in so much.

Those that said protein can be taken in by meals instead of supplements are absolutely right, but it's only great for the ones who don't require to build a lot of muscle. Try taking in 2g/lb protein a day! I wish you can take in so much through your meals, but it's just impossible. Your diet would need to consist of something like 4 chickens, 5 steaks, and 10 tubs cottage cheese/day So it's great to take a protein supp when bodybuilding. It's also convenient right after a workout, instead of having to wait 2hrs in preparing a meal.

You also mentioned that you drop weight after cardio. You will keep dropping weight while doing cardio because that's what cardio does. A lot of people try and get big and ripped at the same time which is a big mistake! You need to focus on one or the other. There's bulk cycles(increasing carbs and gaining mass), and then there's cutting cycles(decreasing carbs, and cardio to lean out for the beach)

Good luck dude. Hope this helps.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: