Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Exclamation FBI Caught Plagiarizing Mans Face for the new Bin Laden Updated Photo!!!

wow. just wow. how many soldiers died, how many Iraqi's, afghans for what?
for the fbi to take some spanish elected officials face, slap bin ladins Title to it,
call it a day? it is a slap alright.

Quote:
Spanish lawmaker used in updated bin Laden photo

MADRID (AP) A Spanish lawmaker was horrified to learn that the FBI used an online photograph of him to create an image showing what Osama bin Laden might look like today.

The image using Gaspar Llamazares' photo appeared on a wanted poster updating the U.S. government's 1998 photo of the al-Qaeda leader.

RELATED: Osama bin Laden's 'most wanted' photo digitally updated

FBI spokesman Ken Hoffman acknowledged to the Spanish newspaper El Mundo that the agency used a picture of Llamazares taken from Google Images.

In a statement Saturday, the agency would say only that it was aware of similarities between their age-progressed image "and that of an existing photograph of a Spanish public official."

"The forensic artist was unable to find suitable features among the reference photographs and obtained those features, in part, from a photograph he found on the Internet," the FBI said in a statement to the Associated Press.

The wanted poster appeared on the State Department website rewardsforjustice.net, listing a reward of up to $25 million. The FBI said the photo of bin Laden would be removed from the website. Llamazares, former leader of the United Left party, was elected to Spain's parliament in 2000. The photograph of him used to make the wanted poster originally appeared on posters for his 2004 general-election campaign.

He said he would no longer feel safe traveling to the United States after his hair and facial wrinkles appeared on the bin Laden image.
"I was surprised and angered because it's the most shameless use of a real person to make up the image of a terrorist," Llamazares said Saturday at a news conference. "It's almost like out of a comedy if it didn't deal with matters as serious as bin Laden and citizens' security."
Llamazares planned to ask the U.S. government for an explanation and said he reserved the right to take legal action.

Llamazares said he was concerned to see the government resorting to what he called sloppy techniques, especially in the light of recent terrorism alerts such as the attempted Christmas Day bombing of a Detroit-bound airplane.
"It might provoke mirth, but it demonstrates that what we're seeing from security services isn't exactly recommendable," he said.
Llamazares said he has "no similarity, physically or ideologically" to bin Laden. They do share one trait both are 52.

Jose Morales, spokesman for Llamazares' party, was surprised that computer images such as the retouched bin Laden photo were made using photos of real people.

Bin Laden, who is wanted in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya, is believed to be hiding in the lawless Pakistan frontier bordering Afghanistan. His exact whereabouts have been unknown since late 2001, when he and some bodyguards slipped out of the Tora Bora mountains after evading air strikes, special forces and Afghan militias.

http://juanjesusgil.files.wordpress.com

http://www.larazon.es

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...en-photo_N.htm

"Things are different in our post 911 world, never again"

'We must give up some Liberties for our security, never again'

quality
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

i understand it was a terrible thing, but im so sick of hearing about 9/11. cant watch 20 mins of news without some sort of reference. no offence to anyone here or in general, but the US is so focused on this single event, thousands die daily in the country from neglect on the part of the govt, thousands starve, children die, what about these ppl. isntead they brainwash the people and trample around the globe as they please on this parade of democracy under the title, a "war on terror" its disgusting some of the shit theyre getting away with. while im on this rant, **** obama too. everyone was on and on and on aond about how hes oing to be different, hes still a politician, cut and dry, hell **** them all over and theyll all be dumbfounded till the next idiot comes along thats going to bring change to things, untill he ****s them over again. the people of the us are like the gulible kid you went to school with that was always taken advantage of and made to believe in false pretences. sorry about this rant but it really bothers me hearing about this so much and so often. i could rant alot longer but yeah, laptop battery is dead so thats it for now...
/rant
Old 01-20-2010, 04:05 AM   #3
rendered
6th Gear Member

Maybe Bin Laden changed his identity and moved to spain? You never know?! .... I'm just saying...

And now he's making a joke out of the FBI and US world wide toying with them again?!

LOL I'm just sayin....
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Baaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhhhhhaaaaaaa

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

waste of time and money

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Most people from that part of world think he is dead. The kidney issue..
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (insert FU meme here as im too lazy to add it lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendered View Post
Maybe Bin Laden changed his identity and moved to spain? You never know?! .... I'm just saying...

And now he's making a joke out of the FBI and US world wide toying with them again?!

LOL I'm just sayin....
Old 01-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
...for the fbi to take some spanish elected officials face, slap bin ladins Title to it, call it a day?
It's not like they cut and pasted Bin Laden's terrorist beard on the Spanish guy's face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from the article you posted
...his hair and facial wrinkles appeared on the bin Laden image.
They photochopped in 2 minor features. You are making crap up and over dramatizing it.

I can understand not enjoying the fact that your features were used for this purpose, but Llamazares is using this for publicity and is loving every minute of that additional exposure.

If I was in Llamazares' shoes, looking that much like Osama (which is his parents fault, not the FBI's), I'd put in the effort every morning to shave.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #9
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

I love Google!
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
magnus
6th Gear Member

i bet Bin Ladden has Bin Hanging out at some resort with George Doubleya and they Bin Drinkin all this time! Cause we Bin Having their BS since.lol

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 View Post
It's not like they cut and pasted Bin Laden's terrorist beard on the Spanish guy's face.

They photochopped in 2 minor features. You are making crap up and over dramatizing it.

I can understand not enjoying the fact that your features were used for this purpose, but Llamazares is using this for publicity and is loving every minute of that additional exposure.

If I was in Llamazares' shoes, looking that much like Osama (which is his parents fault, not the FBI's), I'd put in the effort every morning to shave.
wow. well i guess theres always 1 (or millions) that just don't get it can't wrap their heads around this..

yes yes just taking some whole other guys face to use is really marginal & unimportant..after all he's just some lowly car theif right, who gives a shit right? its not like he was supposedly the head guy of some global terror org that destroyed 3 huge buildings on sept11, hugely altering all our lives ever since, via losses of our liberties, freedoms, privacy, through the power grabs of those that claim they just wanted to keep us safe.

you are just soooo riiiiight. I apologize for even being so retarded as to think like that, hooow sillly of me!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #12
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:

THANK YOU!

/thread.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
wow. well i guess theres always 1 (or millions) that just don't get it can't wrap their heads around this..

yes yes just taking some whole other guys face to use is really marginal & unimportant..after all he's just some lowly car theif right, who gives a shit right? its not like he was supposedly the head guy of some global terror org that destroyed 3 huge buildings on sept11, hugely altering all our lives ever since, via losses of our liberties, freedoms, privacy, through the power grabs of those that claim they just wanted to keep us safe.

you are just soooo riiiiight. I apologize for even being so retarded as to think like that, hooow sillly of me!
You quoted my post, but removed the reference to the article you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro- AGAIN, from the article you posted
...his hair and facial wrinkles appeared on the bin Laden image.
Why are you saying "some whole other guys face?" that is NOT what the article said.

Actually take the time to read the article you posted before making up ridonkulous arguements which contradict the facts it contains. while you're at it, re-read my post as you missed the point entirely.

I'm all about having a good discussion so just calm down, stick to the facts (esp. the ones you post), and don't mis-quote me. bad form.

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
The-Traveler
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg07lq View Post
i understand it was a terrible thing, but im so sick of hearing about 9/11. cant watch 20 mins of news without some sort of reference. no offence to anyone here or in general, but the US is so focused on this single event, thousands die daily in the country from neglect on the part of the govt, thousands starve, children die, what about these ppl. isntead they brainwash the people and trample around the globe as they please on this parade of democracy under the title, a "war on terror" its disgusting some of the shit theyre getting away with. while im on this rant, **** obama too. everyone was on and on and on aond about how hes oing to be different, hes still a politician, cut and dry, hell **** them all over and theyll all be dumbfounded till the next idiot comes along thats going to bring change to things, untill he ****s them over again. the people of the us are like the gulible kid you went to school with that was always taken advantage of and made to believe in false pretences. sorry about this rant but it really bothers me hearing about this so much and so often. i could rant alot longer but yeah, laptop battery is dead so thats it for now...
/rant
IMHO the heart of the problem is a relatively weak public schooling system further exacperated by astronomical post secondary costs.

On top of that, their military propaganda is high and so a lot of people end up in the military for many reasons, which probably include education, health care etc...
The-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg07lq View Post
/rant
+1 too all that except your lack of space between paragraphs! this i cannot agree with

Quote:
You quoted my post, but removed the reference to the article you posted.

Why are you saying "some whole other guys face?" that is NOT what the article said.

Actually take the time to read the article you posted before making up ridonkulous arguements which contradict the facts it contains. while you're at it, re-read my post as you missed the point entirely.

I'm all about having a good discussion so just calm down, stick to the facts (esp. the ones you post), and don't mis-quote me. bad form.
huh are you feigning offence? quotes don't quote quotes, that you can quote me on!.

i don't care if they only took/used some other guys eyebrows, Because They are Some Other guys body part image, fact the end. if they kept at this tactic over the next 5 yrs, osama could end up looking like harper or whoever but not actually osama.

2nd larger point -this was our 'new pearl harbor' and they defile their own nationalistic nemisis or boogeyman? all the partiotic - never forget never again stuff, the wars, in name & actual for what? for - official gov memo:
on osama, meh yeah whatev, forget about it we have, but if you can't heres a ms paint mr potato head wanted poster, happy haji hunting, godbless amurica. fuk yeah!.

wow good thing they were only smuggling in heroin
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123273

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: