Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Help needed with radiator connections! please

Well basically im trying to put my e36 together, the car came with no radiator! A got one from another e36 but i can't seem to figure out the hose connections, can't find where the rad is supposed to connect!

I got the upper and lower hoses connected, but i cant find where to connect 3 things:

- Expansion tank from the bottom (it seems that there should be some hose going behind the shroud, where does the hose go?)

- and i can figure out where to connect the 2 outlets on the side on the rad (picture provided)

ps. the car is a 1996 328 manual, maybe the rad is off a automatic??

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

pic28.jpg
Old 01-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

were you able to find mirrors, and lights for it....sounds like you picked up the car I was looking into for the motor.

www.realoem.com you can find all your diagram there to help sort it out.
Attached Images
File Type: png 27.png (15.1 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by richie_s999; 01-18-2010 at 10:18 AM.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bimmer View Post
Well basically im trying to put my e36 together, the car came with no radiator! A got one from another e36 but i can't seem to figure out the hose connections, can't find where the rad is supposed to connect!

I got the upper and lower hoses connected, but i cant find where to connect 3 things:

- Expansion tank from the bottom (it seems that there should be some hose going behind the shroud, where does the hose go?)

- and i can figure out where to connect the 2 outlets on the side on the rad (picture provided)

ps. the car is a 1996 328 manual, maybe the rad is off a automatic??

PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Attachment 94673
The bottom of the expansion tank hose goes back to the engine, driver side bottom. It's a metal pipe coming off the back of the water pump ... connection near where the power steering reservoir is.

The other 2 a for auto tranny cooler ... not needed in your case (just leave them open).
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
were you able to find mirrors, and lights for it....sounds like you picked up the car I was looking into for the motor.
yeah thats the car, still didnt get the mirrors, i want to see how it runs with the rad hooked up....maybe the car is not worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
The bottom of the expansion tank hose goes back to the engine, driver side bottom. It's a metal pipe coming off the back of the water pump ... connection near where the power steering reservoir is.

The other 2 a for auto tranny cooler ... not needed in your case (just leave them open).
Thanks, thats the answer i was looking for
Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

if the motor is good once you have it running let me know so I can kick myself in the ass for not grabbing it when I could have LOL
Old 01-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^Rich, did you want it for your E36 or the E30?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

for one of the e36's, was thinking of the 2.8 motor, with the 2.5 intake ODB1 with Mark D tuned chip....the E30 is having a 1.9 stroker motor build, which is kinda on hold till I pay for the wedding first, I don't mind putting the projects off a few months, Lorrie is worth it, and I won't post a "getting married must sell car" add!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^ So true, seen tons of those.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: