Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:26 AM   #46
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
My god does the border rob people. Thats just insane... Looks like my friend is gonna get one more item shipped to his place in Detroit along with my eventual depo's. lol

I'm looking forward to pics.
That's nothing, I once had to pay $30 COD for a $100 item that cost $15 to ship, its ridiculous sometimes. I never go UPS now, both times I had duty fees that were more than the shipping cost.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #47
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXWill View Post
They used USPS for me. Im sure if you request it they will do that. UPS has always raped people for duty/brokerage fees.
USPS will rape you just as bad! That is a MYTH... a few years ago yes, you could get away with much more using USPS. But now, they will rape you just as hard as UPS.

The best way to go is to just fork out the extra $$$ to pay for UPS EXPEDITED (they include brokerage in this service!!!). Your stuff will show up next day (2 days max). Yes the cost to ship is more BUT it will in most cases be cheaper than shipping Ground + Brokerage Charges + Longer wait + Likelihood of damaged/missing product.

Interestingly enough it seems they have finally dropped their Brokerage fees for items between $20-$40 down to $7.. (I think it used to be close to $20 for a $20 product!)

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

Last edited by INFAMOU$; 03-19-2010 at 09:21 AM.
INFAMOU$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #48
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

Send a message via MSN to Tnd-_-b
i requested to have my coil overs shiped USPS, Raceland informed me that they no longer use them do to damaged/missing product. so i was forced to ship UPS. i didn't know about shipping UPS EXPEDITED is more cost effective or i would looked into to that option oh well cant cry over spilled milk. or can you?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tnd-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #49
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member

I was also unaware of this UPS Expedited option. I have been fortunate enough not to have to ship things over the border for the past few years with the exception of the Racelands, maybe I just got lucky with USPS that time. Make some friends in Buffalo or Detroit and you wont have to worry about duty ever again as long as you're crafty at the border.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #50
fitter527
hates chrome

i think im gonna order a set also.im gonna get them shipped to detroit and drive over to pick them up.im just not sure if i will get hit up for duty when i cross the border?
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 AM   #51
Mad Cow
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitter527 View Post
i think im gonna order a set also.im gonna get them shipped to detroit and drive over to pick them up.im just not sure if i will get hit up for duty when i cross the border?
Why would you? It's not like they'll inspect your trunk for things you bought there.
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #52
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cow View Post
Why would you? It's not like they'll inspect your trunk for things you bought there.
lol, so does this only happen to me? I get searched (both heading down and coming back) about 80% of the time.

Racist assholes.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #53
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
lol, so does this only happen to me? I get searched (both heading down and coming back) about 80% of the time.

Racist assholes.
its been years since I went across the boarder in a car....wonder what will happen come August when 30 plus BMWs are crossing in a pack!!!!!

seious though you get searched that often? you got shit luck!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:25 PM   #54
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

I sent out a email to Raceland regarding creating a Group buy for Raceland E46 and E36 Coilover Kits. I got a reply back yesterday. They basically explain a group buy can be completed at a 10% discount for 8 or more coilover kits and the order can consist of both E46 and E36 kits. They both go for $240 a $24 discount. If it so happens that we get more then 10 People interested ill see if we can get %15 hopefully. The email they sent me is below.

Hello,

I believe we can do a 10% discount on 8 or more but we'll need the end user info on each item for warranty purposes. If you are able to do the minimum of 8 please give us a call sometime next week to get this order started. We're open Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM me if your Interested serious buyers. Or email me at Po.BoxE46@gmail.com

Old 03-20-2010, 11:11 PM   #55
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

so your saying $240 then a 10% discount, shipppping should be what $300?

For the full set as you have pictured in a previous post?

if so may be interested
Old 03-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #56
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

shipping was about $200 including brokerage fees that was to my address, i live in brampton

Old 03-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #57
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnd-_-b View Post
shipping was about $200 including brokerage fees that was to my address, i live in brampton
we should find out total shipping for 8 to 10 kits to one address, then factor that in to price, then kits could cost around $300 with shipping
Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #58
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

how do you purpose on getting the coilover kits from the specific address. i would like to arrange it to be as convenient as possible for the group buy buyers

Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #59
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

well I live in the east end and work in the west end, wouldn't mind if people picked them up from me, 10% is not alot off the price but if they are $600 for 10 shipped to one address and everyone picks them up thats how money is saved, shipping could be $40 to $60 per person instead of $200

honestly to save $24 and have to wait for 7 other people to lock in is not worth it , now saving $150 bucks thats worth it.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:54 AM   #60
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

I'm with richie. I actually sent them an e-mail on Friday about a group buy as well. I haven't gotten anything back so let's see if they give me a better deal. hahaha

If not, and we can work something out that will be cheaper by shipping to a central address to lessen the shipping costs, I would be the first one in. No doubt about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: