Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

raceland coilovers??

just curious if anyone has installed raceland coilovers on there e36 and if they are happy with them. i saw them on ebay, the shocks are not adjustable but the height front and back is. they are half the price of other generic coilover kits like the bavauto ones, but look to be the same product.
thanks al
Old 01-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

do you have a link for them wouldn't mind seeing them
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
My buddy ordered them for his e36, but won't be installed till spring. I'll have some feedback for those interested then.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Search on bf.c, massive threads over there. Guys are even gutting them and putting Konis inside for better quality dampening + adjustability.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
windsor318is
Nitrous Junkie!

huh, so i have options if i dont like the feel, for 240 bucks shipped i cant really go wrong.. thanks jay, ill have a look on bf.c
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

Send a message via MSN to Tnd-_-b
Does that apply to the e46 raceland coilover kit also.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Tnd-_-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #7
Nguyen_E30
0011 0001 1000

the coilovers can be found here.

http://www.racelandus.com/p-59-racel...r-bmw-e36.aspx
Nguyen_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Search on bf.c, massive threads over there. Guys are even gutting them and putting Konis inside for better quality dampening + adjustability.
i know i am buying a set today, i was only curious to know if i would alos be able to put Konis or another brand inside for better quality dampening + adjustability like jay said. if so it would be a huge plus for my self also.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Basically you get what you pay for. I'd advise against it and suggest to get a set of koni/bilstein shocks and lowering springs (e.g. vogtland, h&r sport, etc...) instead. You'll get much better handling characteristics and with the konis you can get reboud adjustability.

Spec e36 cars use the koni/vogtland combo on the track. its a great setup. FYI, vogtland springs are made from VVS. They also make the springs for TC Kline and their coil-over setups.

T.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 PM   #10
bimmass
1st Gear Newbie

I'd get megan-racing coilovers for around 1000-1200. Damping adjustable and decent quality (tried & tested by the 240sx)
bimmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
mhamouda
Lookin like M

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...oilover&page=2

this is a similar thread thats posted by another member recently.
not very positive reviews on them..
mhamouda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
Sharino
www.Eurowinnipeg.com

Did anybody try the headers offered by Raceland for E36s?
Sharino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
e30blue
2nd Gear Member

take it from somebody who ACTUALLY OWNS a set of racelands, there a good bang for buck.

and well worth the money, i have yet to read about somebody who bought a set of racelands and was very upset with them, through build quality, reliability all that jazz.

and EVERYBODY who flames on them doesnt even own them.. its like saying E90's suck even though ive never driven one.
e30blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
Tnd-_-b
1st Gear Stripper d-_-b

LoL i agree, I will be installing mine as soon as the come in on monday looking forward to trrying them out. i few people say the ride not that smooth. is this true? well any way ill see when i get them.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #15
mkgino
6th Gear Member

I have been doing a lot of research on these coilovers trying to determine if they are good and wondering how they can possibly only be $280. I have been seriously considering putting these on my car.

I have read pretty much everything on BF.C and have considered both sides of the story. On one side, the arguments are that for something that costs $280, while the nearest competition charges $1000 + they cant possibly be of the same quality. But these people haven't tested them so they cant say so from experience.

On the other side, people who have installed them say that the ride isn't bad and that it's actually pretty good considering they are only $280. They ride better than their stock suspension with XXX XXX mielage at the time it was swapped out. Another plus is that apparently the VW crowd has been using them for a long time, and there are no major failures associated with them.

So it is an option. There are many people who have an E36 worth $4000, and dont want to spend $1500-2000 or half the cost of their car on suspension. They only want to use these on their daily driver and be a bit lower, with the option to adjust the height if they ever want to. A lot of these people dont track their cars, or drive agressively to work every day. So the difference in performance between RL and Bilstein or H&R is not of any consequence.

With all that being said...I found this today lol. But this could be an isolated incident.

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114688

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: