Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #46
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

talked to Steve at Bavarian, he is doing 5 free inspections and one's already booked, so contact him asap
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #47
sonspot
2nd Gear Member

send me the info,.

my big thing (nothing to do with you guys at all) is i live over 400km away, so when i factor in the gas to get there and back plus gas for the day, am looking close to $200 before paying for event. guess i'll have to work something out

2001 330I, sport/Premium/cold weather package, short shifter with M3 weighted knob, clear corners, 60 led angle eyes
sonspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #48
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
You are definitely going to be way too tired to drive there and back each day. You are much better off grabbing a cheap hotel/motel for the night in Oshawa or Bowmanville... or if you are the adventurous type, camp! Lots of space to camp on the Mosport grounds.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #49
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Price is confirmed at $25/day for helmet rentals. Camping at Mosport is free.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:06 AM   #50
sonspot
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
You are definitely going to be way too tired to drive there and back each day. You are much better off grabbing a cheap hotel/motel for the night in Oshawa or Bowmanville... or if you are the adventurous type, camp! Lots of space to camp on the Mosport grounds.
lol, my family are in brampton, i have a friend in milton and mississauga, i was thinking about driving down the night before to the gta area,..

2001 330I, sport/Premium/cold weather package, short shifter with M3 weighted knob, clear corners, 60 led angle eyes
Old 04-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #51
theDLS
Lakeshoreeeeeee

do you need the DDT before you can do the advanced or can I just hop into the advanced right away?
theDLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #52
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDLS View Post
do you need the DDT before you can do the advanced or can I just hop into the advanced right away?

You can do either one. Don't think of it as jumping as they are very different tracks. Everyone starts put and advances throught the group classes from beginner to advanced as their skills are demonstrated
Old 04-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #53
sonspot
2nd Gear Member

hey guys, i have a question, the cost of the event is, $180 or $190 + tax? helmet rental how much? + membership cost?.. let me know please, still waiting for info on the free inspection too, PM if you like.

thanks

Old 04-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #54
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonspot View Post
hey guys, i have a question, the cost of the event is, $180 or $190 + tax? helmet rental how much? + membership cost?.. let me know please, still waiting for info on the free inspection too, PM if you like.

thanks

Event Cost $189 + GST = $198.45
Helmet Rental = $25/day tax in
2010 Membership = $57.75 tax in
Free Inspection by Bavarian (Steve Gailits) contact Steve 905-479-1769

But if you go to www.trillium-bmwclub.ca, all of the above info is listed there as well.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #55
sonspot
2nd Gear Member

am looking at a $360 day (including gas) but excluding the gas for driving there, guess i'll have to work it out. what i want to do is finish off my current tires and buy new ones,.

i checked out the site months ago, printed everything out, just getting more info now..

Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 AM   #56
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

No one said going to the track was cheap. It's an expensive hobby for sure, but one well worth it. Since Trillium is a non profit club, and everyone from the top to the bottom is volunteers, the prices of the events, just cover costs. There are just no cheaper ways to get to the race track with this caliber of event.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #57
twboy1999
5th Gear Member

i think the driving school start at 8am right?
what time are we expected to be there?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #58
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Introductory and drivers meeting is at 8am sharp, so you should be there at least by 7:30 or earlier to empty your car out, register and go over any other pre-flight checks to be completed by 8.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #59
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

WOW What a perfect day was yesturday!!!!!

First School under the wings and really learned alot.

I was in a group with some very fast cars, actually my 93 325is was the oldest car in my run group, and being bone stock, probley the lowest powered car in the group, not to mention, my 205/50r15's were about half the size of the tires on some of the cars! Needless to say by the 3rd track session, I had the car holding its own in the twisties and corners, but coming outa the tight corners at the end of the long straits I had to let the other cars pass, only to catch them againthrough the twisties. My instructor would constantly tell me to let them get way ahead, so I could focus on the proper lines on the track, not the ones others were driving. (its easy to just follow another car, but if you take better lines you will be quicker then even a car that on paper should be faster)
Huge power and grip is great but I really learned the importance of being smooth and taking the right lines, which in doing so I could keep up with the others, but this was a school, so it was about learning the car and me learning skills, worrying about times is a while away!!

I had to unlearn alot of bad habits from almost 20 years of driving on the street, and replace them with new skills in a short period of time, and will be focusing on these new items every time I am in the car.

Everyone will love this part....I was driving at High rpms in second alot, and he had me use 3rd in some corners, which made things alot smoother around the track, so when he said its like I was driving an E30 m3 and having to be was up in the revs to get to the power. I laughed and told him about my 318is and what was done on it.

Needless to say I had an amazing day, it was a very busy day and was amazed how much you can pick up in 8 hours of instruction. The giant skid pad was so much fun too, and was the perfect way to feel you car spin, and learn how to catch and control it. by lunch I was hitting the skid pad at the top of second, and controlling the car all the way around at that speed with out lifting or braking. I also found that learning to keep the car balanced with the gas pedal around thr skid pad really helped on the track latter in the day!

Well I'm hooked, shitty part is I am not able to make the other 3 driving schools held by the club do to running other events at them for the club, oh ya and one is on my wedding weekend, but I will be doing all 4 in 2011.

If you have never done a school like Trillium offers, your not driving anywhere close to as good as you think you are. You trully want to be fast year how to be at these schools, power is nothing with out control, and when you harness the 2 then you got something to talk about!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #60
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

There are still a few spots open for this weekends school on the Grand Prix track at Mosport....contact the club asap and go get you r tech inspection done!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: