Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #16
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroli View Post
ahaha, it doesn't work. Where one dies and goes away, another springs up in his place. They're like immigrants, that way.
oh man...i'm laughing way too much this morning. good one.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #17
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
I have been switching to the left lane from day one. However I did not know it was the law here in Ontario. I believe the Police Officer should gave him a warning since it is his first offence for this type of violation. The cop is just being a dick.

If they are worried about getting hurt they should:

1) Don't pull anyone over to issue a ticket.
2) If you have to pull some one ower guide them to the nearest exit or gas station.

I would go to court and fight it, they might reduce the charge.
true. i agree they probably should have gotten a warning if everything happened how they described however its still the officer's discretion at the end of the day. just because its your first offence, doesn't mean you won't get ticketed....that just might help you when fighting the charge.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #18
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I don't think it matters whether it's your first offence or not. You cannot rob a bank and say "oops, it's my first offence". As posted above, it's the driver's responsibility to stay up 2 date with traffic laws.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #19
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
The cop is just being a dick.

If they are worried about getting hurt they should:

1) Don't pull anyone over to issue a ticket.
2) If you have to pull some one over guide them to the nearest exit or gas station.
What about these a-hole cops that will block an entire lane or section of a major artery during rush-hour to pull someone over? They put themselves in harm's way unnecessarily in these situations. I can see the point of the law, but it gives too much leeway to the power-tripping cops. In a rush-hour situation, slowing down and moving to the outside of the right lane should be sufficient.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #20
///Maluco
5erholic

I've been moving over for as long as I can remember for both emergency vehicles and anyone on the side of a highway. If I cannot move over due to traffic volume, I slow down and move to the far side of the lane opposite of the shoulder.

I've been pulled aside twice for flat tires on the highway. Iíve been on both sides and itís scary.
You should see how much your car wobbles when itís up in the air after cars and trucks zipping by you clocking 100+.

My worst experience was when I was on the left shoulder. Holy smokes, they must have been passing me over 120+. I could see them coming and compared to the cars on the second lane, they were moving much faster. I even had one guy high beam me (BMW ) as I was about to put the tire on....WTF! I do clearly recall that he was one of the fastest cars that passed me....what a moron!
No, I wasn't driving the BMW both these times.

So yes, you should move over and ease up on the accelerator.

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #21
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
I don't think it matters whether it's your first offence or not. You cannot rob a bank and say "oops, it's my first offence". As posted above, it's the driver's responsibility to stay up 2 date with traffic laws.
i said both those things in two separate posts

but...there is a difference between robbing a bank and a moving violation. it's harder to believe that someone did it accidentally. i guess i never made myself clear on that. i meant first offence and you argue "i didn't know the law existed" or "i did it accidentally". not that those are good excuses either but...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: