Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
maroli
6th Gear Member

Do I deserve this parking ticket?

Far be it from me to constantly bitch about some offense I did and how it's unfair I got caught....but this one puzzles me a little.

I was parked on Dundonald, a 1 way street inbetween Church and Yonge, downtown. The nearest parking sign to my spot, referencing the zone I was parked in said something to the effect of

'Pay Parking Enforced
Mon-Fri 8am-9m
Sat 10am-9pm

That was all it said.

I parked there at 9 30pm on Saturday, and I got a ticket at 10:13 pm citing 'parking in a permit zone without permit'.
It does not say anywhere on the sign about parking with permit. What gives? Am I supposed to telepathically assume that its permit parking only? In terms of paying the fine, the opportunity cost of fighting the ticket is more than $30 but I would still fight it on the grounds of principle if they're writing tickets up just knowing people will pay. Was I in the wrong?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Re-check the sign.

Some say, Parking by Permit only.

Then lists the times.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
maroli
6th Gear Member

Nope, nothing on the sign. It doesn't say what happens after 9 pm, it just says pay parking enforced up till that point.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

is there another sign near by on another pole that says permit parking only or something like that.

sounds like you might have a case.. but like you said, a ****ing hassle to fight it.

one time we were on bloor and the parking meter was broken. so we went down the street to get the ticket, and when we got back there was a ticket. in the span of 1 minute. well anyway bitch to fight it, we payed it.

Last edited by sirex; 01-11-2010 at 02:30 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
maroli
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
is there another sign near by on another pole that says permit parking only or something like that.

sounds like you might have a case.. but like you said, a ****ing hassle to fight it.

one time we were on bloor and the parking meter was broken. so we went down the street to get the ticket, and when we got back there was a ticket. in the span of 1 minute. well anyway bitch to fight it, we payed it.
Yeah, there is a possibility that it says 'parking by permit only' further down the street...however, that area is separated by a 'no parking' area...so I thought this was an entirely new area and I only had to look at the sign that was indicating the area. Man, its just stupid, it really seems like they give the tickets out KNOWING you will pay instead of fighting it. Its like $30 is a researched figure, they came up with the exact amount where people wouldn't bother fighting it.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

It looks like there is a sign on that same street that says "No Parking Except by Permit, Mon-Sun XXX times"

I don't think you have a case.

Google StreetView FTW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dundonalds.jpg (133.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
maroli
6th Gear Member

I wasn't in that spot tho? I was parked where that estate was parked. Cause if it were only permit, why's there a 'pay parking enforced' sign further down the street? Does that mean I have to have a permit during the hours where pay parking isn't enforced?

Last edited by maroli; 01-11-2010 at 04:15 PM.
maroli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Junaid
4th Gear Member

was there an arrow pointing left and right, if so that means regardless you need a permit of some sort, whether it pay parking or residential parking permit

Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

You kinda of have to combine the signs in the area.

The Green P Sign = You can park there during those times by buying a ticket (aka Permit).
No Parking Sign = You can't park here any other times without a permit (AKA City Monthly/Yearly Permit for area residence. )

You = Parking without a permit during off-hours = No Case to fight it i assume, but you should try and hope the court system is still backed up.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
maroli
6th Gear Member

I see, well thanks for all the help guys. It appears that it was my mistake. Although, I have to say, the signs are quite ambiguous. I'd like to believe that it wasn't on purpose, but I have trouble doing so. lol.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
sirex
King Sirex

There is a good episode of futurama where they go to "old new york" and the parking sign is the most retarded thing youve ever seen.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #12
Junaid
4th Gear Member

just file for court, you wont get a date for at least a year and then it will be dismissed anyways

Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: