Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
old skoo
1st Gear Red Line

twinscrew set-ups/kits

hey f/i guys im looking to supercharge my s50 M . and i want to do a twinscrew set-up because im not a big fan of all the pipping that goes along with turbo systems.so i was wondering if anyone knows any twinscrew kits/system , or if any ones selling 1 .
old skoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Steve30
Techno Viking

Check bimmerforums, there was a guy selling one about a week ago (1.7L twinscrew kit from eurosport) Also, eurosport just released their new twinscrew kit and bumped the blower up to 2.2 or 2.3L i think? but the price is pretty high. It's like $11, 500. I'm looking to twinscrew my s52 too... but it does seem a bit pricey. AA still has the gen 1 twinscrew from eurosport and that's a little cheaper @ around $9500.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
RMPMOTORS
MaXsponsor

I installed a Eurosport kit a few years ago, its a well built kit and makes good HP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLmbD9isHXc

Eibach-Koni-Bilstein-H&R-Powerflex-KW Suspension-OEM Parts+ MORE
EUROPEAN AUTO SERVICE & PERFORMANCE

www.RMPMOTORS.com

www.Facebook.com/RMPMotors
RMPMOTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #4
old skoo
1st Gear Red Line

yea i was looking into that and wow ! thats pricey , i can buy a car for that price lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
Check bimmerforums, there was a guy selling one about a week ago (1.7L twinscrew kit from eurosport) Also, eurosport just released their new twinscrew kit and bumped the blower up to 2.2 or 2.3L i think? but the price is pretty high. It's like $11, 500. I'm looking to twinscrew my s52 too... but it does seem a bit pricey. AA still has the gen 1 twinscrew from eurosport and that's a little cheaper @ around $9500.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #5
Steve30
Techno Viking

Have you looked at any centrifugal charger kits? They are a lot cheaper than the twin screw setup and still make good power.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

What's wrong the piping, really though? No or little piping just means you probably don't have an intercooler. If you do, its water to air and that's a whole lotta additional piping.

I wouldn't let piping be an issue. It's not as bad as you think to route that stuff around and very easy to work with. I'd be looking at the power goals, what you'll be using the power for and how the car is used.

Centrifugal kits tend to 'build boost' the same way a turbo does, since the effective ratio is so high. Roots style are positive displacement, and they really help with torque down low but are inefficient at high revs, meaning they create a lot of heat in the air, possibly bringing down top end power considerably.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

I know of a guy who did one here, but I think his motor popped, twice to add...I beleive hes on the board, and he was looking to sell it last time he came by.

Although I been in his car - it wasnt as impressive as:

S52 turbo (had TT Stage 2, but been in a GT35R setup not TT but dammn its fast!)
S52 W/ T-trim vortech (my current project)

The most impressive is the NEW HKS based S/C kit from AA...we just finished a Level 2 on an MZ3 and it is the best of both worlds (power of a turbo, drivability of an S/C setup). I am actually posting up pic now.

AA's twin screw isnt offered anymore.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 01-11-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Steve30
Techno Viking

Did you get any dyno #'s from the HKS kit?

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

No but it put down a nice 370ish in humid FL weather.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 01-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #10
old skoo
1st Gear Red Line

well its beacuse i like it clean n simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
What's wrong the piping, really though? No or little piping just means you probably don't have an intercooler. If you do, its water to air and that's a whole lotta additional piping.

I wouldn't let piping be an issue. It's not as bad as you think to route that stuff around and very easy to work with. I'd be looking at the power goals, what you'll be using the power for and how the car is used.

Centrifugal kits tend to 'build boost' the same way a turbo does, since the effective ratio is so high. Roots style are positive displacement, and they really help with torque down low but are inefficient at high revs, meaning they create a lot of heat in the air, possibly bringing down top end power considerably.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I totally know what you mean, but you can have clean and simple piping, especially if you pay to get aluminum pipes welded and powdercoated; it looks *really* nice and is not expensive at all.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
Steve30
Techno Viking

It is a lot more simple and if your not after ridiculous hp numbers, then a supercharger is the way to go. I've been reading about FI for a few weeks now and am set on supercharging because It seems to give the car a comfortable power to weight ratio. If I went turbo then I would eventually go overboard with power... What Jon has said about AA's new HKS kit makes it sound very appealing and seems like the best option. The stage 1 is pretty cheap compared to a twin screw setup and upgrading to the stage 2 yields similar horsepower results as a twin screw. The real question is what the intended use of the car is because they both put out power differently. If tracking the car is your biggest concern then I would say go with the twin screw because its strong point is low to mid range torque. In the end both options are reliable but twin screws have longer maintenance intervals.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #13
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

If your dedicated track, NA only...if occasional..then anyway you go, better water cooling and OIL cooling is an absolute necessity especially for turbo (considering the S/C uses an independent oil system with cooler). Theres a lot of things to going FI people dont get, it doesnt stop at the S/C kit. Oil coolers, better higher flow/capacity cooling systems, clutches etc are all needed when stuffing double the power your engine was designed to make (or in other words - double stress, and more heat).

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 01-11-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #14
Steve30
Techno Viking

^^ very true and important to consider those additional costs!

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Old 01-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
JUS_CRZN
My other car's a jet.

Yep, broke all those things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: