Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
thung_mail
1st Gear Newbie

@BellaSignora : I am looking for the coupe one.
thung_mail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

You might want to try out this end of the City. When I was looking to purchase a certified series 335 there were a crazy amount of coupe's available at Durham BMW and he was desparate to get them off his inventory. At that time he came down in price $4500. If you are still in the market for one you should take a look what that dealership still has available in their inventory.

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #18
dbworld4k
Addict

^Not a bad suggestion. Durham is the HQ of BMW Canada, no? Makes sense that they probably have the most diverse inventory of cars available. Definitely go CPO from a BMW dealer, it's worth the peace of mind considering this is BMW's first car with a TT engine - who knows what potential problems may lie in the long term.

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:41 PM   #19
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Um if 335i coupe came in 2007, so how can a three your old car not be under the warranty? We have just crossed into 2010. Unless it has 100 000km on the odometer....
I am sort of confused on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSignora View Post
I encountered the same problem when purchasing my 335i. I had found one that had no warranty for quite a good deal but it had been in an accident.. Although it looked flawless, the potential problems that may have lay waiting, I did not want to have to worry about things going wrong. I'm so happy that I bought a certified series from an actual BMW dealership, now that I'm halfway through warranty. Any problem I've encountered BMW has taken terrific care of me.

Are you looking to purchase a coupe or a sedan?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #20
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

There are so many coupes available but the ones that were purchased off lease by 'fine motor companies' will only offer the balance of the new car warranty. It will not come certified by BMW if you get it from anywhere else. Although you may save a few K's on a 335i that is nearing warranty expiry due to high kms, the money you are gonna have to dish out at bmw if its not certified will eventually end up costing you more and probably cause more of a head ache....
Also I found out that if you purchase a BMW that is still under factory warranty from a non bmw dealer it is still possible to take to bmw to have it certified so that you can have warranty protection until 160 000km but it is up to Bmw's discretion and inspection. AND you have to pay for the inspection on top. If anything is not right they wont certify it.
So a high km lease return to some fine motor car dealer might look like a great deal but remember BMW has the chance to purchase these cars and decided not to for one reason or another.

BMW lover for Life!
Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #21
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

the original warranty expires at 80 000km... i had to bring her in for service and some parts to be replaced, apparently the TT's get their plugs changed before 80 000

BMW lover for Life!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #22
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSignora View Post
There are so many coupes available but the ones that were purchased off lease by 'fine motor companies' will only offer the balance of the new car warranty. It will not come certified by BMW if you get it from anywhere else. Although you may save a few K's on a 335i that is nearing warranty expiry due to high kms, the money you are gonna have to dish out at bmw if its not certified will eventually end up costing you more and probably cause more of a head ache....
Also I found out that if you purchase a BMW that is still under factory warranty from a non bmw dealer it is still possible to take to bmw to have it certified so that you can have warranty protection until 160 000km but it is up to Bmw's discretion and inspection. AND you have to pay for the inspection on top. If anything is not right they wont certify it.
So a high km lease return to some fine motor car dealer might look like a great deal but remember BMW has the chance to purchase these cars and decided not to for one reason or another.
All very valid points
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 AM   #23
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince View Post
All very valid points
+1

Lets be honest, we all love Bmw , but you have to be too native to think that early model E90/E92 coupe will not break your vallet once the warranty is up. Just take a look early model E46 sedans and coupes. Those cars had all sorts of issues. That's why all lux cars lose half of their value when the warranty expires.

Than again, there is going to be a few that will run until 200k with nothing done to them, than some sucker will buy it, and everything will fall on him.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #24
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

My 335 has gone through 2 fuel pumps and now I have all these crazy ABS and other lights all over the dash. I'd hate to guess how much this car would cost to fix outside of warranty.

Probably "crank" refers to the long engine cranks it takes to start the car up. When the car is working fine, it'll start up right away, cold weather or not. When the car's fuel pump is starting to go, you get the damned long cranks - hot weather or cold weather.

If you're going to pick up a used 335, I'd recommend CPO for sure!
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
thung_mail
1st Gear Newbie

CPO is for Canadian vehicle, isn't it ?
Old 01-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thung_mail View Post
CPO is for Canadian vehicle, isn't it ?
Certified Pre Owned Series. Americans have the same thing.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
europrince
6th Gear Member

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/usedvehicles/overview.html
Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #28
thung_mail
1st Gear Newbie

Is there any chance for US car get CPO in Canada
Old 01-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #29
europrince
6th Gear Member

^ no
Old 01-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #30
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

No Bmw will not give CPO on cars purchased in the U.S.A. they are very picky with the ones that they do because they were rejected by bmw at the first lease return auction. Any BMW that is leased or financed but is being returned has the option to be purchased by the dealership when its first returned. If and when Bmw passes on the vehicle for what ever reason, usually high km, then other 'fine' motor dealers will have the chance to purchase it for their inventory.
When BMW does buy the vehicle back the individual dealer that bought that particular car now has to make sure the car is in CPO condition before they put it on the lot to sell.

When looking for a car i was enticed by the lure of buying a U.S. vehicle. After all its cheaper right???? Not nessessarily so as my wise father informed me. A sportcar man all his life, i trust his auto advice. Any car that is purchased in the U.s. is liable to cause you problems in getting it over here. The car has to meet the exact specifics as determined by the M.T.O. Example. If the car is only in MPH and not KMH they will not let it come over. What happens if you buy a car only to have it tied up at the border because you have to modify things before they allow it to be legally brought over. Not to mention the fraud and scams people try to get money. If it looks too good to be true it usually is. I've discovered that works for both men and cars.... lol. Joke.

BMW lover for Life!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: