Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #16
magnus
6th Gear Member

I have this now:
http://omnia.samsungmobile.com/omnia2/

Highly recommend it!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #17
abc12
4th Gear Member

i'm actually in the market for a new cell as well... was between the iphone and blackberry... but pretty much set on the iphone... or maybe that samsung omnia...

just wondering, i don't care for the extra data plan... but if i were to get an i-phone.. would it work if i use the "pay as you go" calling cards...
abc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #18
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite View Post
Look around, there are only two phones that people have.

Blackberry and iPhone

If you want cool apps, and toys, get iPhone

if you constantly need to be in communication with other people and need more of a tool than a toy, get a blackberry.
Good comparison between iPhone and Blackberry,
Blackberry with BIS server - more towards business environment..
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #19
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
but I think iphone is wayy ahead of ANY other phone on the market today.
I would have to respectfully disagree. Most of the iphone features have been around in other platforms before the iphone, and in many cases much more functional. The iphone made them much more user friendly and available to the masses, but in no way is it way ahead.

There's no question the iphone has a great interface, and a great app store, but it is in no way the best phone on the market. There are other phones and platforms that can do more, and are more customizable, and with better hardware. They aren't as easy to use as the iphone, so they won't ever have the mass appeal that it does, but that doesn't mean it's the best.

I would also add that, the 'best' phone for one person's needs, isn't necessarily the best phone for another person's needs. Everyone has their own requirements.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
Arash
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius View Post
I would have to respectfully disagree. Most of the iphone features have been around in other platforms before the iphone, and in many cases much more functional. The iphone made them much more user friendly and available to the masses, but in no way is it way ahead.

There's no question the iphone has a great interface, and a great app store, but it is in no way the best phone on the market. There are other phones and platforms that can do more, and are more customizable, and with better hardware. They aren't as easy to use as the iphone, so they won't ever have the mass appeal that it does, but that doesn't mean it's the best.

I would also add that, the 'best' phone for one person's needs, isn't necessarily the best phone for another person's needs. Everyone has their own requirements.
that is why I said "This is more of a personal preference,",, I like the user friendlyness, a phone can have millions of features but what's the point if it takes an IT person to operate it?
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

there are phones that are faster (Nexus 1 in some ways) and have way more features than the iphone, such as multi-tasking (even though you can get multi-tasking by jailbreaking). but you just can't beat the iphone experience as a whole, and what really makes it strong are the apps. all other smartphones are trying to be better but they miss out on what makes the iphone a success.

it is true, blackberry is a better business communicator, but the iphone still performs well. many people bash the iphone for not being a business phone because they are ignorant and don't know how to tinker around with the phone to get all the best features. secondly, they bash the keyboard because they haven't learned how to use it. once you learn, it is actually really easy to use and fast.

all phones have their strengths and weaknesses. but i think the best out there are either iphone or blackberry. if you want a solid communicator right out of the box, get the blackberry. if you want to tinker around and get really cool features (too many to list) then get the iphone and make sure to jailbreak it.

i think that the best thing about the iphone is that it sort of created a revolution in the smartphone business. phone manufacturers were really lazy before, releasing one shitty phone after the other. the iphone caught them offguard and now they're trying to catch up. we end up benefiting from the competition. good phones like the N1 and HD2 will also force apple to make the iphone better.

having said that, the one thing that really annoys me about the iphone is its inability to accept .ics even though it has exchange support. that really ticks me off
Old 01-08-2010, 02:13 PM   #22
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

I would totally get another iPhone... Countless hours of entertainment and great reception, etc... I can't see myself switching phones anytime soon... I tried to go back to a BB, but I couldn't deal with not having a touch screen and all of the cool-ass apps!!

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #23
dbworld4k
Addict

I'm an avid anti-Apple guy, but I have to concede: the iPhone is simply badass. It depends on your needs I guess. For a more "business" oriented feature set, I'd obviously go BB. But if you just want a modern phone with loads of entertainment features and fantastic web browsing, the iPhone is second to none - as I'm sure you know. The only other phones I would look into would be the Nokia N-Series, but even their OS doesn't match up to the smoothness/feature set of the iPhone, especially in web browsing.

iPhone 3Gs FTW!

P.S. Check out www.gsmarena.com for reviews on the latest and upcoming mobile phones.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #24
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
bb bold v2 or iphone 3gs. those should be your only 2 decisions, the htc hero (i think its the hero) does look promising but i've never used it. hated every version of the bb storm and nokia's and palm's (with maybe the exception of the pre) are too businessy and complicated.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #25
Arash
6th Gear Member

bb storm is garbage. My friend bought one 5 months ago and he has replaced it under warranty twice already.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #26
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
P.S. Check out www.gsmarena.com for reviews on the latest and upcoming mobile phones.

+1 ... Sick site for the newest and coolest.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Old 01-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #27
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
bb storm is garbage. My friend bought one 5 months ago and he has replaced it under warranty twice already.
I have heard nothing but bad things about this phone!!

IMO BB makes a great business-oriented phone, but the iPhone has got them beat in the entertainment factor.

just like Anuk said; iPhone for fun, BB if you need it for business.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #28
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328IScreamer View Post
propr'one,
I took the phone out of the case because I couldn't feel it vibrate then i dropped it which cracked the phone. The glass is cracked and the black back case is cracked. It is still fully functional. How much is it worth to you. I will likely try to sell it
It is worth at least 100$. Mabye more. If you decide to sell LMK.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: