Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

E34 lovin

Thought I'd share. This is my fourth one and my favorite one out of the four. I'm currently working on finishing up interior swap. Switched from dove white to full black headliner and all. Next inline is M52 swap with S52 cams and who knows might even turbo it. BTW I'v got a whole interior worth of dove pieces let me know if you need anything. ENJOY

90E30i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
I love that colour! Looks great. Can't wait till next season to take mine out to play.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Few updates to the car. Got a ground control kit and a custom strut bar. Car is not lowered yet, I need to get some spacers to avoid hitting the perch at the front but even all the way raised its 1.25 inches lower then stock.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Next inline is an M52 swap with S52 cams and a rack & pinion conversion.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
JINT
5th Gear Member

wow thats looking real nice, i've been looking at alotta coilovers, they don't like going very low straight up without modifications.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
wow thats looking real nice, i've been looking at alotta coilovers, they don't like going very low straight up without modifications.
Actually they do go pretty low without having to modify the strut tube but if you want to really tuck that front tire under the fender then you don't have too much of a choice.

I took 1 inch off the strut housing and there is still 1 inch room on the sleeve in this pic so this would be your maximum drop without cutting the tube. I think thats low enough.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
Max_VQ
3rd Gear Member

I have never understood why to use coil overs on the street.
There is no performance gain, only a harsh ride over bumpy roads with limited suspension travel.

Someone please explain this to me...
Max_VQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90E30i View Post
Actually they do go pretty low without having to modify the strut tube but if you want to really tuck that front tire under the fender then you don't have too much of a choice.

I took 1 inch off the strut housing and there is still 1 inch room on the sleeve in this pic so this would be your maximum drop without cutting the tube. I think thats low enough.
man if i could go this low with mine, i'd sleep REALLY WELL at night , i'll try my best.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_VQ View Post
I have never understood why to use coil overs on the street.
There is no performance gain, only a harsh ride over bumpy roads with limited suspension travel.

Someone please explain this to me...
E34 front end sits way too high, you can't get enough drop with springs alone. As far as gains, its a HUGE improvement over stock and ride quality is dependent on the spring rates, you can even get springs that would give you stock feel. Biggest reason is the range of adjustment, You can go from scraping the frame to stock ride height.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
ALPINA MAN
ALPINA Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90E30i View Post
E34 front end sits way too high, you can't get enough drop with springs alone. As far as gains, its a HUGE improvement over stock and ride quality is dependent on the spring rates, you can even get springs that would give you stock feel. Biggest reason is the range of adjustment, You can go from scraping the frame to stock ride height.

Nice work though, I will buy one if you make me one! (sia@rogers.com) And I would install your nice work on my e34 Alpina B10 .

By the way, is the hood closes all right?
ALPINA MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA MAN View Post
Nice work though, I will buy one if you make me one! (sia@rogers.com) And I would install your nice work on my e34 Alpina B10 .

By the way, is the hood closes all right?
I'm assuming you are talking about the strut bar?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #12
JINT
5th Gear Member

I installed bilsteins and vogtlands on my e34 2 days ago, one finger gap in the front, i'm almost satisfied, hopefully with abit of driving it'll be a lil' lower.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

looking good.

with that strut brace you can't get at the camber plates to make adjustments. However it's not something that gets adjusted often... if ever.... so it's not a big deal.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
90E30i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
I installed bilsteins and vogtlands on my e34 2 days ago, one finger gap in the front, i'm almost satisfied, hopefully with abit of driving it'll be a lil' lower.
I have pretty much zero gap and about one inch more room on my front and rear perches. I was thinking about going with bilies and vogtlands myself but I heard the ride is really firm and of course no adjustment.

Quote:
looking good.

with that strut brace you can't get at the camber plates to make adjustments. However it's not something that gets adjusted often... if ever.... so it's not a big deal.
Thanks. You're right about the strut bar. I had to take it off since it was hitting the strut nut and not allowing it move in the turns. I'm working on a new design though to fix that problem.

Here's a few new pics.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #15
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Dead secksy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: