Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #16
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

I should print out this article & go 45 degree with my car when i see an emergency vehicle - And ROAD BLOCK as much road as i can, cause see - u don't want us passing any emerg vehicles -safety safety

DUI up 50% nobody, huh? did all our fat ****ing fines or even lowering bac make a difference there ??? nope.

hey guys i ask you seriously: if they passed laws saying you are to sacrifice your 2nd born child on canada day & have an orgy in its blood - how many of you would be - well the law is the law?? 60%?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #17
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
I should print out this article & go 45 degree with my car when i see an emergency vehicle - And ROAD BLOCK as much road as i can, cause see - u don't want us passing any emerg vehicles -safety safety

DUI up 50% nobody, huh? did all our fat ****ing fines or even lowering bac make a difference there ??? nope.

hey guys i ask you seriously: if they passed laws saying you are to sacrifice your 2nd born child on canada day & have an orgy in its blood - how many of you would be - well the law is the law?? 60%?

i'd be against the blood orgy thing. damn...where do you come up with this stuff?

the difference is its not a everybody has to do this on this date law...its if you do something that is already considered illegal then you'll pay x amount. basically you have a choice whether or not to break the law. They're not forcing you to break it.

Now I agree that it probably makes little or no difference. But sometimes the feeling/illusion of safety and security is just as good as the real thing for the average person. I guess its better to live in happy bliss than be paranoid the whole time. Its hard to judge whether some laws or security measures make an overall difference but that doesn't mean they won't be implemented.

Also, it's easier to protest against having to slaughter your own child and having an orgy in their blood on Canada day because I think most moral people, I'd hope close to 100% of the Canadian population would be against it. But if you protest something like a fine increase for committing an illegal act, it's almost as if you're trying to justify someone doing that illegal thing even though you may be arguing that the punishment is not justified. You'd get less sympathy from the general population.

Do you know what I'm saying? The 'ideal' goal of the law is a moral thing. Try to keep people from dying in car accidents due to bad drivers or whatever. The idea is noble. So for the most part public support can only be gained if the end product of the law is immoral.

Conclusion, the law will stand, the fines will stand, and most of the Canadian population will probably be for it.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Lets all just bend over...

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #19
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G View Post
Lets all just bend over...
you first

Old 01-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
pawcio
to answer your earlier Q - do i think large massive protests causing civil unrest would - make any difference? yes, yes i do.

its rather simple: historically as sad as it is Violence does affect change!
if a government feels it can do whatever it wants with nary a fkn objection from its populace it will get very arrogant in its policies. but if they know that 250K people will amass at parliment or queens park - yelling, hurling rocks (like in france or italy, greece, etc),they'll be using rocks, because vegetables are too expensive (up 35%)! or even the occasional assasination attempt (& no mr plastic knife, mental ward, don't count or pies) then maybe, just maybe they'd start to worry more about what they're doing!? I know i would.

i mean are your food & energy costs not about to go up 10+% each! HST. did they (parliment) not allow raising of insurance costs 3x's in 1 year! are we not in a thread where there raising fines by 4X in a recession -where lots of people are having trouble. yes.

and you can ignore the 50% increase dui deaths after they lowered bac & Raised Fines. guess you;d knda have to? shows its just another cruel 'fuk u wheres are money' corporate gangsterism action, rolled out by the sherrif of naughtinghams enforcers-

yeah i feel extra fruity today
Old 01-06-2010, 08:14 AM   #21
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
to answer your earlier Q - do i think large massive protests causing civil unrest would - make any difference? yes, yes i do.

its rather simple: historically as sad as it is Violence does affect change!
if a government feels it can do whatever it wants with nary a fkn objection from its populace it will get very arrogant in its policies. but if they know that 250K people will amass at parliment or queens park - yelling, hurling rocks (like in france or italy, greece, etc),they'll be using rocks, because vegetables are too expensive (up 35%)! or even the occasional assasination attempt (& no mr plastic knife, mental ward, don't count or pies) then maybe, just maybe they'd start to worry more about what they're doing!? I know i would.

i mean are your food & energy costs not about to go up 10+% each! HST. did they (parliment) not allow raising of insurance costs 3x's in 1 year! are we not in a thread where there raising fines by 4X in a recession -where lots of people are having trouble. yes.

and you can ignore the 50% increase dui deaths after they lowered bac & Raised Fines. guess you;d knda have to? shows its just another cruel 'fuk u wheres are money' corporate gangsterism action, rolled out by the sherrif of naughtinghams enforcers-

yeah i feel extra fruity today
i agree. that stuff does make changes but i don't think a large majority of people would rally to support a fine increase that only affects people that break a law.

i agree with you on the hst and insurance increase thing. but its easier to gain support for something like that because everyone is affected not just the minority that break the law and there is no good moral basis for increasing insurance costs or joining the taxes, at least not easily obvious. however, the idea of saving peoples lives, whether or not the fine increases make a difference is harder to argue against. it's the thought that counts.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
///Maluco
5erholic

Sometimes the consequences need to be harsher to detour people (dumbass drivers) from breaking simple laws.....

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
^^ Exactly.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
sirex
King Sirex

except when you get asshole officer going after everyone.

So what are they going to do when the police cant meet their quota??????? I drive safe, follow all the rules of the road. Imagine if everyone did that.. WTF would the police do?? Theyll find reasons to pull you over.

Then have fun with the 100% markup in fines and other fees.

Its nice how prices go up and up and up, and yet our incomes go down and down and down.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Police corruption is not the issue here. You don't keep fines low because of police corruption. Sorry, not a valid argument in my opinion.

Incomes are rising for the most part.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #26
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
Police corruption is not the issue here. You don't keep fines low because of police corruption. Sorry, not a valid argument in my opinion.

Incomes are rising for the most part.
I agree with your first statement. But on the news a few days ago they released stats that between 1999-2009 the average Canadian's salary decreased by 6% when compared to inflation. So even with raises and increased minimum wage, inflation was still higher.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #27
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

Fight everything. Even if you might lose. Fight it and clog the bullshit court system.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #28
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
I agree with your first statement. But on the news a few days ago they released stats that between 1999-2009 the average Canadian's salary decreased by 6% when compared to inflation. So even with raises and increased minimum wage, inflation was still higher.
Agreed. However, lower incomes still isn't an excuse. If you don't want to pay the fine, don't break the law. If it was an increase to licensing or something mandatory, then it would be a different story. This is a fee you can avoid, simply by driving by obeying the rules of the road.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #29
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
Fight everything. Even if you might lose. Fight it and clog the bullshit court system.
Vicious circle - do that and end up with even higher fines to cover higher court costs...
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by careless7 View Post
Can you elaborate on how clogging up a court system helps a "bullshit" court system?

BMW 645i - Black on Red

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: