Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
BellaSignora
Green Light Instigator

Newer isn't nessessarily better.....

I had the privelege of taking out a new 2010 323i this past week when I had to bring my car in for servicing. I was excited to learn I would have a brand spankin new loaner for the day, that was until I turned her on and the familiar groan of my twin turbos warming up was missing. Apparently this car was made to be a very nice entry level car, good for the cautious, but it disapointed me. I had to remember back to when I first made my decision to buy a certified series, and the most important thing was bang for my buck. I could have bought a 2009 325 or 328 but felt that I would regret it, the 335 had my heart from first purr. Now that I'm back behind the familiar wheel of my black beauty I have the satisfaction of knowing that I made the right decision, although she may have a few more km's on her, the joy I get from driving to the corner store is sure worth it. I take the long way home everyday now that I own a BMW..

BMW lover for Life!
BellaSignora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
biginstreets
bitches love me!

Amen!
biginstreets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
desi4life10
1st Gear Newbie

Depends on what it is your looking for. Not everyone is looking for a car with turbos, some are happy with a NA car. I have a 328 and love every bit of it.

'07 E90 328xi, Titanium Silver Metallic/ premium / OEM Alarm System
desi4life10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

So true! I was in the same boat as you!

I opted for a used 335i convertible instead of a new 328i cabrio when I was initially searching for a new car to replace my first BMW... I love every second of driving her and have never once for a second regretted my purchase!!

And if you're into the modding thing, the performance possibilities with a forced induction vehicle far surpass that of a naturally aspirated one...

Not to say that a NA car (desi4life10) isn't great, it IS a BMW afterall ... but the sound of turbos spooling turns me on every time...

Glad you love the new ride, Bella!

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
fadi03325i
1st Gear Newbie

What about all those problems I kept hearing about regarding extremely high oil temps with the 335i once its on the race track. Heard about this in 07 when the 335i first came to Canada, many aftermarket shops recommended putting in a better cooling system if you the track the car a lot.... has this been sorted out in new models?
UUC Catback Exhaust
20% Tints
H and R Touring Cup Kit

......hmmmmm - whats next?
fadi03325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

I track mine on a regular basis and have never experienced any overheating issues??

...not to mention mine is chipped and is making somewhere in the vicinity of 100 whp more than it comes with stock (I will verify the exact number when I hit the dyno come March)

But, to be fair, sure the 335 has a few kinks but not any more than any other BMW model. Especially nothing detrimental enough to reason staying away from the purchase of one... Plus, warranty is a beautiful thing

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I remember what you are referring to! Yea, BMW put in an additional oil cooler to solve that. Big deal, still, though. Mine is an '07, never experienced that. The issues occurred few and far between. AND they dealt with it before the 2008 came out

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
fadi03325i
1st Gear Newbie

Coool!! Thanks for the update Steph, glad BMW sorted that out - glad to hear your car is kickin ass and taking names down
UUC Catback Exhaust
20% Tints
H and R Touring Cup Kit

......hmmmmm - whats next?
fadi03325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
The-Traveler
2nd Gear Member

Steph what car did you have before the 335?
The-Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: