Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #46
adam325i
3rd Gear Member

bmwm5lover why the hating? im pretty sure there a very few guys on here with cut springs, i only know of one but that was for 3 days he had them on. last time i checked all my bumpers are on there nice and tight.

Here is before and after of my car. please tell me that my car is a piece of crap.

Heres a little history, I am 18 years old, am in college, and this car has never been in a shop once, in total the whole enitre car i have $1200 bucks into it, that includes licencing and purchasing the car. yes i know theres alot more work to be done but with money situation and time i can't right now.

Sam sorry for thread jacking but this really bothered me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carweb.jpg (175.7 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg 325iweb.jpg (55.8 KB, 86 views)
Old 12-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #47
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Wow, wtf happened here? Max is turning into r3v and I don't like it at all. Whether you've own a pile of cool cars, or this is your first e30 and its a total spanner job, I could care less either way. I love e30s, I love cars and I really dislike people who curse and insult other people because of what they drive.

I'd rather hang with a nice kid with a WIP e30, helping him or her to see the potential and have a good time than someone with a nice ride and a hot air balloon for a nose.

Sometimes I think we need a bit of "nice policing" otherwise a forum turns into a sinkhole of insults and malcontent. Maybe I'm just selfish for not wanting that, but I have better things to do with my life than listen to people bitch all the time.

Peace, or peace out, you guys decide.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #48
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Haha, adam325i, your "after photo" has "B 4" on the license plate. It made my brain stop for a second. I like what you've done, that's a perfect example of a starter e30.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #49
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
My $0.02

At the end of the day your E30, E36, of w/e it may be is BUILT FOR YOU, the owner/driver. As long as it makes YOU happy and YOU'RE happy with it thats what matters. Yes there may be an e30 or 2 you look at and you'll be like "what a heap" but there's no need to insult. We are all big boys and girls(except me) and should what the difference is between constructive criticism and just a plain insult/attack. IMO I like that the GTA e30 scene has changed to some degree; no more "ZOMGG M50 swap"

I agree with Everlast, I'd rather shoot the shit with somebody who's down to earth and not there acting all snobby and stuffs, yuck!

Mama said If you don't have anything nice to say............

Last edited by e30_kid89; 12-28-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #50
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Speaking of the "recent" e30 meets which I was at both the spring and fall one this year, I totally enjoyed chatting with everyone there. Anyone I talked too was a true enthusiast and no matter what stage their cars were in everyone was talking about what they have and what they were looking to do with their cars.

There were cars I saw in the spring that had alot of progress by the fall meet, and I don't think any car wasn't worth looking at. Both the cars and the owners made for 2 wicked fun meets, not to mention think the fall meet was the biggest e30 meet max had ever had.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #51
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
for the car effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam325i View Post
bmwm5lover why the hating? im pretty sure there a very few guys on here with cut springs, i only know of one but that was for 3 days he had them on. last time i checked all my bumpers are on there nice and tight.

Here is before and after of my car. please tell me that my car is a piece of crap.

Heres a little history, I am 18 years old, am in college, and this car has never been in a shop once, in total the whole enitre car i have $1200 bucks into it, that includes licencing and purchasing the car. yes i know theres alot more work to be done but with money situation and time i can't right now.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #52
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
Since you are a noob to the board, you didn't know that I owned an e30, and I just sold my e34 M5. You wanna tell me again I don't know what it takes to keep an old car like this on the road?

As for the rest of your comments, I've been to some of the recent e30 meets, and that is why I kinda stopped going, out of the 20 cars there, 15 are hack jobs or falling apart, 2 are clean and straight, and 3 are extremely well modified and done properly.

You've got guys with cut springs, bald tires, bumpers that are about to fall off, etc, and not only that,they all think they are schumacher (sp?) and are driving like maniacs and risking almost running into someone else. (mind you this goes for some e36 guys too). I've been in the scene, and especially on Max WAY before most of these clowns who only post in OT came, I've seen quite a few trends pass through, and the bottom line is, the OEMish or the extremely tastefully, and carefully modified cars are the ones that still look good today.

It is not entirely personal opinion, it is also fact.

isn't it also a fact that you once posted looking for used brake rotors or something....LOL and your gonna go on about people's cars not being proper, I know most of the Max OG's they told me about that once LOL

you no OG your an Oi - origional idiot LOL
Old 12-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #53
adam325i
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Haha, adam325i, your "after photo" has "B 4" on the license plate. It made my brain stop for a second. I like what you've done, that's a perfect example of a starter e30.
Ah man i never even noticed that, lol. nice spot! Thanks alot for the support!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #54
325isStephen
Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
A radio should really be the least of your concerns. Honestly, who the hell cares about the radio? I have 3 mint radios with codes you could throw in.

Paint condition, accident & maintenance history, cleanliness, stains, wear, rust, oxidized aluminum, oil consumption, compression, OEM parts, leather condition and extra included parts would *ALL* come higher in a priority list before a radio. :p

Its not the radio itself I'm worried about, I have 2 oem radios at the moment, its not about replacing the part. Its about the car having aftermarket parts and a "boombox" in the trunk. I personally would only pay a premium for a car that is 100% original parts.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #55
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
Its not the radio itself I'm worried about, I have 2 oem radios at the moment, its not about replacing the part. Its about the car having aftermarket parts and a "boombox" in the trunk. I personally would only pay a premium for a car that is 100% original parts.
Hey steve about whats the going price you're finding on clean southern e30s??

I plan to get my last and final e30 from the southern us, Doesn't have to be prestine but must have had lived all its life in a rust-free localed and not need a paint job/body work.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #56
325isStephen
Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Hey steve about whats the going price you're finding on clean southern e30s??

I plan to get my last and final e30 from the southern us, Doesn't have to be prestine but must have had lived all its life in a rust-free localed and not need a paint job/body work.
Exactly my plan haha. Its not the going price, its finding one worthy of buying. If things go well for me I'll be making a 3000km drive back to Canada in a e30 just like this one. Red tech 2 vert. Not huge on the vert part of it, but it should be clean, low mileage, and I'm a sucker for tech 2.

Otherwise I'm being picky as hell and waiting for a mint Lachsilber, delpin grey or alpine white 325is from 89-91. Black or cardinal leather sports are a must. I want a car that has all numbers matching, no swapping interiors bullshit required. But who know's what I will buy.

I'm assuming when I find the right one I'll drop 5000.00 buying it and another 1000.00 bringing it back.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #57
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
isn't it also a fact that you once posted looking for used brake rotors or something....LOL and your gonna go on about people's cars not being proper, I know most of the Max OG's they told me about that once LOL

you no OG your an Oi - origional idiot LOL
I don't ever recall looking for used rotors. PLZ don't spew shit.

Is this thread really still going???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 PM   #58
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam325i View Post

Really unnecessary, honestly, no one was talking about you.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Toys

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 12-28-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #59
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
Well I think I've done well with what I have.
I don't know you, but an M50 e30 with bad paint is still a good start to a project.

I am not stuck up, I am not a prick, I am one of the most helpful and nicest guys on Max, but I am SICK of seeing old BUTCHERED BMW's, in the name of "breaking the mold"

Toys
Old 12-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #60
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I don't know you, but an M50 e30 with bad paint is still a good start to a project.

I am not stuck up, I am not a prick, I am one of the most helpful and nicest guys on Max, but I am SICK of seeing old BUTCHERED BMW's, in the name of "breaking the mold"

We met. On the E34 opening cruise I brought it, the one with straight pipes, I got the swap done like a week before that so it didn't have the exhaust done yet.
02 325i Sedan
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: