Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #31
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
That shit be hot. If I was e30 crazy that would be the Non M3 e30 to get.
With the recent cropping of crap e30's on Max, this is a breath of fresh air.
So what your saying is the E30's that people are currently building, aren't your thing so they are crap?

rude dude

we all can't be followers
Old 12-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #32
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
If I was going to drop that much on an e30, it sure as hell wouldn't have some junk aftermarket radio and sub box in it. If it was untouched it would be worth good money, but still not 16k.
A radio should really be the least of your concerns. Honestly, who the hell cares about the radio? I have 3 mint radios with codes you could throw in.

Paint condition, accident & maintenance history, cleanliness, stains, wear, rust, oxidized aluminum, oil consumption, compression, OEM parts, leather condition and extra included parts would *ALL* come higher in a priority list before a radio. :p
Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #33
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I don't think he wanted to offend anyone in here. He probably misses the days when Jeremey's car was around, Randy's and some other ones that.
Those were the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
So what your saying is the E30's that people are currently building, aren't your thing so they are crap?

rude dude

Old 12-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #34
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
I'm trying to avoid buying from an enthusiast. I would really like to find a car that an older man or woman has had from new, hardly driven, and wants decent money for it, because they know its minty. I will easily pay a 1000.00 premium for a car like that.

Have you had a chance to look at that red 325is? from 7k to 2k it went. it's in sale section.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:53 PM   #35
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:

rude dude

Has nothing to do with followers, it has to do with the 3-5 MINT/properly modified aesthetically and workmanship, and the 234234234234234 e30's on max that are crap, they look like crap, are rust buckets, or we have someone "trying" to reinvent the mould by throwing a bunch of shit on an e30 to be "different". A bunch of nut sack hangers going "you so cool for doing thizzzz" does not make it "different" or "cool" or "proper".

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
Old 12-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Has nothing to do with followers, it has to do with the 3-5 MINT/properly modified aesthetically and workmanship, and the 234234234234234 e30's on max that are crap, they look like crap, are rust buckets, or we have someone "trying" to reinvent the mould by throwing a bunch of shit on an e30 to be "different". A bunch of nut sack hangers going "you so cool for doing thizzzz" does not make it "different" or "cool" or "proper".
again, you are giving your opion on what they should be, and being rude to anyone who doesn't keep them stock or mod them the same way the follower crowd does.

as for your nut sack hanger coment, plain childish.

you must be one of the people who wait till someone else does something to their car and wait to see if people think its cool, then you do it.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #37
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
again, you are giving your opion on what they should be, and being rude to anyone who doesn't keep them stock or mod them the same way the follower crowd does.

as for your nut sack hanger coment, plain childish.

you must be one of the people who wait till someone else does something to their car and wait to see if people think its cool, then you do it.
You know, I'm not surprised to see you sticking up for poorly done e30's.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 12-27-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #38
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
You know, I'm not surprised to see you sticking up for poorly done e30's.
why the edit in your post, this is not whats in the email I got???

Take a shot at my E30, its ok, take a shot at my other 2 cars as well, I can still handle it. I don't know if I have or ever will meet you, but you come across close minded and rude towards anything out side your little box you call life. You were negative in your first post in this thread, and I didn't like it so I let you know. I am growing tired of this shit on here

Sam, sorry for this being in your post....
Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #39
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
why the edit in your post, this is not whats in the email I got???

Take a shot at my E30, its ok, take a shot at my other 2 cars as well, I can still handle it. I don't know if I have or ever will meet you, but you come across close minded and rude towards anything out side your little box you call life. You were negative in your first post in this thread, and I didn't like it so I let you know. I am growing tired of this shit on here

Sam, sorry for this being in your post....
Yeah I did edit it, had a change of thought,
I'm not commenting on your cars, I've never seen them...

What are you the "nice police"? We all gotta start somewhere, but we have to be able to take criticism too.

ooops, I edited again...

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 12-27-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 AM   #40
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Not everyone can throw down 10k to make a proper E30. It takes time, some cars on here are a work in progress.
02 325i Sedan
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 AM   #41
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

im curious as to which e30's here are crap now?
Old 12-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #42
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Yeah I did edit it, had a change of thought,
I'm not commenting on your cars, I've never seen them...

What are you the "nice police"? We all gotta start somewhere, but we have to be able to take criticism too.

ooops, I edited again...
critism is one things, saying all but a few e30's of the members on here are crap is a general statment that is well spoken by the producer of crap.

Sam is right pretty much all of the e30's are works in progress, the newest one's like what 19 years old??? This fall's e30 meet was very interesting with the wide diverisity of e30's out, and everyone was cool checking out the various way's projects are going.

no one was an ass hole and walked around with there nose in the air saying anyone's was crap. Maybe if you owned one you could respect what it takes to even maintain a car that old these days.

No nice police, just the E30 Love Doctor !!!!!!!!!!!

Think your nut sack has been missing the E30 love, go drop $50 and get that taken care of son
Old 12-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #43
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
no one was an ass hole and walked around with there nose in the air saying anyone's was crap. Maybe if you owned one you could respect what it takes to even maintain a car that old these days.
Since you are a noob to the board, you didn't know that I owned an e30, and I just sold my e34 M5. You wanna tell me again I don't know what it takes to keep an old car like this on the road?

As for the rest of your comments, I've been to some of the recent e30 meets, and that is why I kinda stopped going, out of the 20 cars there, 15 are hack jobs or falling apart, 2 are clean and straight, and 3 are extremely well modified and done properly.

You've got guys with cut springs, bald tires, bumpers that are about to fall off, etc, and not only that,they all think they are schumacher (sp?) and are driving like maniacs and risking almost running into someone else. (mind you this goes for some e36 guys too). I've been in the scene, and especially on Max WAY before most of these clowns who only post in OT came, I've seen quite a few trends pass through, and the bottom line is, the OEMish or the extremely tastefully, and carefully modified cars are the ones that still look good today.

It is not entirely personal opinion, it is also fact.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #44
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
Not everyone can throw down 10k to make a proper E30. It takes time, some cars on here are a work in progress.
It has nothing to do with throwing 10K, I never had 10K to throw on my e30, it has to do with doing the best you CAN do with the little you have. Not throwing some random shit at your car (like the rat rotted one a few threads below) and calling yourself a visionary.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #45
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
It has nothing to do with throwing 10K, I never had 10K to throw on my e30, it has to do with doing the best you CAN do with the little you have. Not throwing some random shit at your car (like the rat rotted one a few threads below) and calling yourself a visionary.
Well I think I've done well with what I have.
02 325i Sedan
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: