Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
JINT
5th Gear Member

Ebay DINAN CHIP legit ??

Anyone knows if these things are actually dinan ? 70$USD on ebay. Or if they're even worth it? Any good? Anyone has one?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Real Dinan chips are worthless anyway.

Contact MarkD.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post

Contact MarkD.
Thats my last choice, it's just that in my opinion he charges waayyyy too much for his research. 230$ for a non turbo motor thats gonna do like 5-8hp gains is not quiet worth it IMO.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

^If that is not a photoshoped colour of your car, then 2 thumbs up. Looks amazing
Old 12-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
JINT
5th Gear Member

Thnx Dado
Old 12-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

hours and hours go into planning and mapping for those chips so a couple hundred isnt all that pricey, not to mention their a business, they wanan make money. the gains may seem minimal but for the ppl that are serious thats worth it, usually your better served by a planned upgrade pattern which includes software at the end to get the most of your previous modifications, otherwise your re-tuning every time you upgrade.

fwiw that wont be a real dinan made chip, however its probably a clone of their software. much like buying a burnt movie. theres some that like it, some that hate on the idea of piracy and its pretty much your call, theres a lot of info on here and on bf.c about them
Old 12-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
JINT
5th Gear Member

yeah looks like i'm gonna call Mark d'sylvia at the end, nothin' really better than his chips around. I wonder what the dudes in USA use on their cars.
GIAC and Unitronics don't do E34's
Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
yeah looks like i'm gonna call Mark d'sylvia at the end, nothin' really better than his chips around. I wonder what the dudes in USA use on their cars.
GIAC and Unitronics don't do E34's
Don't waste your time buying a chip from anyone else. Mark stands behind his product and trust me it works. I had my 97 flashed and it made a big difference. It's not just the horsepower that counts, it's how everything works.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #9
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Contact MarkD.
Totally agree, and Jint...don't be mislead by HP numbers with chips, they are taken at unuseable RPM's usually...the secret is...TOURQUE!!!

I have never heard anyone say his chips are not worth it once they have them!! Bought one for the e30, and will be getting them for both E36's!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
JINT
5th Gear Member

aright. THanks for info guys. Another question does it make the consumption worse? better? or same?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Under normal driving it does get better milage. But it does depend on your foot!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #12
parm
Scarboro Mazda S&L

Quote:

Contact MarkD.
BMW+MarkD = WICKED RIDE!
parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
JINT
5th Gear Member

my foot's usually heavy, but when i drive to work it gets light which is the reason i need better economy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: