Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
bmdoubleya
6th Gear Member

My website is up and running.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.quittingiseasy.com/

Thanks.
bmdoubleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
davericher20
black and blue

seems pretty legit, I like the angle it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
sirex
King Sirex

ahha nice, emarketing for the winning. how much do you get on the sale of that book?

i was looking into doing some of that e-marketing stuff, with click bank. seems really interesting, if you take advantage of google adsense, and with some good key word marketing you can make alot of cash.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
hadesm5
6th Gear Member

don't really like the overall design theme to be honest. it looks like a 90's website. the buttons are a bit cheesy.

not mocking it, just take it as constructive criticism
Old 12-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

whoa! nice website bro

Quote:
The mysterious nicotine paradox.

If you were on a long drive and starting to get drowsy, you'd probably light up a cigarette to pick yourself up and help you stay awake and alert. Later at the end of a long, stressful afternoon, you might put your feet up and enjoy the relaxing, tension draining effects of smoking a cigarette. But how can that be? How is it possible for nicotine to be a stimulant when you need something to pick you up and a sedative, or relaxant, the complete opposite, when you need something to calm you down? What is this, a miracle drug, imagination, mass hypnosis, or is something else going on?

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 12-09-2009 at 07:34 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #6
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesm5 View Post
don't really like the overall design theme to be honest. it looks like a 90's website. the buttons are a bit cheesy.

not mocking it, just take it as constructive criticism
+1 The site looks like it was built in the 90s both visually and under the covers.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadesm5 View Post
...the buttons are a bit cheesy.
I think the idea was to match the cover of the book. If the customer specifically requested that, you can't fault the web designer for it.

bmdoubleya,

I like the site. Clean layout and not too many levels to get lost in, though some of the pages are very long. I'm not a big fan of having to scroll down to get the info I want (I make an exception for reading posts on maX). Maybe you could make use of the width available or even have the page adjust to match different resolutions. I'm @ 1920x1080 and there is a lot of unused real estate. Also the shadows behind the title make the text look a bit blurry. It's more of an issue with the slogan than the title. Maybe decrease the "distance" that the shadow sits back from the text or a darker green might help.

Overall, nice work!

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

you guys ever hear of e-marketing? I guess not

basically authors sell their books online, those self help e-books for like 30$. And they dont do the marketing for it, they let YOU do the marketing for it.

The catch is, they give you up to 90% of the sale price. So a 10$ E-book, you could get up to 8-9$ for the sale, while the author only gets a dollar.

But basically its up to you to use Google adsense, and other such programs so that when people do searches on google, your shit comes up first. Its very important that you get a good domain name, and use key words so that when people do a google search, yours will be the first, or one of the first to pop up.

people navigate to your site and buy. Its a legitamate way to make money, specially in the self help biz where people get suckered in quite easily. So youre not doing this for anyone except your self.

I believe one of the main ones is called clickbank, where they have a list of all the different products for sale that you can go and promote. Sales are totally up to you, and how catchy your site/design is and how many people you attract to it. If you get 0 sales, sucks for you because you pay the domain fees to host the website.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan27 View Post
I think the idea was to match the cover of the book. If the customer specifically requested that, you can't fault the web designer for it.

bmdoubleya,
Granted, but as a designer, it is your job to inform your client of any mistakes they make, including designing a site in 2009 with 1999 styling.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: