Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #1
Italia311
1st Gear Newbie

Finally!

I am now the proud owner of a 2006 BMW 323 with Premium Package with colour sparkling graphite metallic (black interior). Been wanting to get a BMW since high school and having just moved home from living in Europe and seeing everyone else drive these around I had to buy one. I have no pictures yet as I have to work all day and by the time I get home its pitch black, but I hope to have some up this weekend!

I just have a few question...

Does I cannot figure out how to program my mobile to the cars blue-tooth. I have every manual in the car but that one. Maybe I don't have it? But there is a phone button on my wheel and at the radio.

The car came with 4 brand new tires, should I still get winter?

Thanks for all you help! Hands down, best car I ever owned!!
Italia311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Congrats on the car! Do you have navi as well, or only bluetooth?

As far as tires go, you can get away with all seasons for winter, but the winter tires really do help! esp in a rear wheel drive car. I would recommend them for sure, and maybe leave your all seasons for summer.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Italia311
1st Gear Newbie

Hey thanks man!

No navi...I believe it is bluetooth equipped. Don't think it has been activated. Im gonna test out the all-seasons for winter, if it doesn't work out, I will most likely get winter tires...thanks for the input!

Here are a few pictures I took while out. They're at night but it gets dark at 5...not the greatest shots...

Old 12-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
hockeyfan27
5th Gear Member

Get winters.
My other car is an AWD subaru outback. I ran on the brand new all seasons for the first winter I had it and was happy with the performance. The next year my all seasons were getting a little worn so I decided to buy a set of moderate quality winters to spread out the wear.... OMG what a difference! Even with 4 drive wheels, I had a noticeable traction gain over the all seasons. With only 2 drive wheels you NEED the winters. However, braking distances would be the area of most improvement (so don't cheap out and just get 2, do all 4 corners) You will get 3 or 4 seasons out of one set of winters tires. It's a worth while investment with respect to tire wear alone, performance and safety are the icing on the cake!

Nice car BTW!

1998 328ic - Sold
hockeyfan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
jindal
1st Gear Newbie

I have 525i 2007 and i cannot pair my phone after taking it the dealer twice they told me that your car is Telephone and bmw assist prep but they still have to program the car in order for bluetooth to work. cost for this is close to $400.00. i am not sure if they should be charging me this. how did your bluetooth pairing go?
jindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ngStarted.aspx

you're looking for the one that says 3 series with cd radio

Last edited by Bullet Ride; 12-03-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Bullet Ride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #7
Italia311
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks Hockeyfan

Bulletride: Thanks for the link but I don't think I have it set up for bluetooth. I got the phone button on the wheel and beside the radio, but when I get into the menu for setup there is no selection for phone.

I am thinking its worth it to get it activated based on the new law and safety reasons...

Thanks for the input ppl!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italia311 View Post
Thanks Hockeyfan

Bulletride: Thanks for the link but I don't think I have it set up for bluetooth. I got the phone button on the wheel and beside the radio, but when I get into the menu for setup there is no selection for phone.

I am thinking its worth it to get it activated based on the new law and safety reasons...

Thanks for the input ppl!

All cars come with the phone button, but don't necessarily have the bluetooth module.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Italia311
1st Gear Newbie

Yeah I figured that. I guess I should just contact the dealer and figure out how to get that activated no?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:22 PM   #10
darin911
1st Gear Newbie

Welcome Aboard to the family of E90's!
darin911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
brunp
2nd Gear Member

I didn't think the '06 had a 323i (just 325i) as that is what I have....or am I mistaken?

Paul
brunp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
the bachelor
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunp View Post
I didn't think the '06 had a 323i (just 325i) as that is what I have....or am I mistaken?

Paul
Both available in Canada for 06
Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
Italia311
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks darin911!

Anyone know how to start the car without the key in its slot???
Old 12-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

congrats on the E90 hun! you'll love it!!!

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italia311 View Post
Anyone know how to start the car without the key in its slot???
You can only do that if you have the Comfort Access package which allows you to lock/unlock and start the car with the key only in range of the car (i.e. in you pocket) without physically using the fob.

It's an option that you gotta spend a few hundred bucks more on... and I unfortunately don't have it either!

...having bought my car second hand the CA option was hard to find! And on my car CA also opens the roof with the push of a button... its SO sick!!!

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: