Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

Help with a major interior detail

Hey guys, looking at picking up an X5 and I've found one that is well maintained and pretty mint overall except for a very dirty interior and neglected leather. There are no rips or wear anywhere just a beige interior with dirty carpets and darkening leather which is uniform but has just clearly absorbed dirt, sweat, etc.

I know my exterior stuff but my M3 interior has never not been clean enough to eat off of. Any advice on the process, equipment and products to use for the best deep interior clean? I'm very picky about detailing my cars and this interior condition is actually holding me back from buying until I can figure out the stuff that will clean this up for sure.

Thanks

Last edited by Antz_Marchin; 11-29-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Antz_Marchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

id suggest pming a supporting detailer, see if for a few bucks extra or some beer you can overlook the process and learn.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
W2WDETAILING
Banned

do you have any pics of the interior...I'm going to be in st kitts on fri pm me if your interested and we can work something out
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
do you have any pics of the interior...I'm going to be in st kitts on fri pm me if your interested and we can work something out
Hey man, thanks I appreciate it, however you made me realize that I need to update my location ....I'm actually in Binbrook (Stoney Creek mountain) now. As for pics I don't have any that show the "dirtyness" all that well but I do have a couple that I was sent before going to have a look. I guess the first one that's close up on the front seat shows the darkening the best. As for the carpets, same deal....darkening and dirty but in very good condition. External, mechanical and wheels appear to all be mint, having it checked out mechanically later in the week to be sure though, if everything goes well there the only thing holding me back will be this dirty interior.

Thanks for any help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02370.jpg (183.1 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02371.jpg (236.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02418.jpg (272.3 KB, 110 views)
Old 11-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

Ewwww that is gross! HAHAH
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

Oops, sorry for the huge pics, haven't done the upload thing before, usually go the route of linking through flickr.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Ouch that is pretty bad! Looks they were never cleaned honestly idk what to say it should come clean. But not perfect
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2WDETAILING View Post
Ouch that is pretty bad! Looks they were never cleaned honestly idk what to say it should come clean. But not perfect
You think it's bad enough to avoid all together? Like I said it's well maintained mechanically and outside and even no wear or tear inside but the dirt is such a shame. I'd consider myself a pretty strong detailer but have never had something like this to work with. I'm wondering if 2 rounds of leatherique and some scrubbing with a soft brush would take care of the leather and then some Folex, Woolite and Steamer on the carpets with some extra elbow grease. Almost wish I could have it for a weekend before deciding....haha.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 PM   #9
tg07lq
4th Gear Member

what about persuading the owner to let you detail it at a discounted rate? tell him your unsure of purchase and want to detail
if its goign to make the sale he should say yes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

Yeah after the mechanical check at one of our site sponsors I may suggest this to him. I'm use to having my BMW prestine in all seasons and if this doesn't clean up to my standards, I'll never be happy with it. I'll see if it will fly, just wish we lived closer (about an hour drive apart).
Old 12-01-2009, 12:17 AM   #11
nachos23
SweetXi

Send a message via MSN to nachos23
for leather restoration, cleanign and dieing (if req'd) check out Leatherique Canada. They are in Niagara on the Lake.... http://www.leatheriquecanada.com/index.html amazing stuff.

Using it myself to "bring back to life) a set of sport seats I've recently installled in my car and re-dye over the holidays.....
nachos23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: