Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-17-2009, 12:14 AM   #31
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview

You guys are mean. I think the problem here is the stupid law in the first place. Let him hate it and fight it if he wants. I would.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:05 AM   #32
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
hhaa lol the ticket is nothing when you compare those houses. That kind of tight parking , as well as mickey mouse backyards. The builder who built it, they made some cash and let suckers deal with it on daily basis. It is a house only on a paper. Like saying , I own a car. A car can be a 1987 Yugo and 2010 Aston Martin.

Let alone that I am ultra west end hater. Mississauga aka Ghettosauga is a shithole one of a kind. When you come there you see mad and depressinG faces. Many even look at me under their eye for some reason. Than dealing with people who live beside me and ranting me out for parking....
What kind of liFe of that? Come on.
Rant over. No wonder why Vitaly got fed up and took off for Montreal to massage some french pussy.

Last edited by lvan; 11-17-2009 at 03:08 AM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #33
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
You guys are mean. I think the problem here is the stupid law in the first place. Let him hate it and fight it if he wants. I would.

No you wouldn't.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
hhaa lol the ticket is nothing when you compare those houses. That kind of tight parking , as well as mickey mouse backyards. The builder who built it, they made some cash and let suckers deal with it on daily basis. It is a house only on a paper. Like saying , I own a car. A car can be a 1987 Yugo and 2010 Aston Martin.

Let alone that I am ultra west end hater. Mississauga aka Ghettosauga is a shithole one of a kind. When you come there you see mad and depressinG faces. Many even look at me under their eye for some reason. Than dealing with people who live beside me and ranting me out for parking....
What kind of liFe of that? Come on.
Rant over. No wonder why Vitaly got fed up and took off for Montreal to massage some french pussy.

I have no idea what the **** you just said.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #35
Fel
Not Banned

This thread still going? Love it.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #36
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair View Post
Why would anyone fight a $20 ticket for a non-moving violation? How much is your time worth?
it depends on how you value it, i'm assuming you're on somebody elses clock!
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:40 AM   #37
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
it depends on how you value it, i'm assuming you're on somebody elses clock!
Hell, even on your own clock...

Let me ask this... if someone were to pay you $20 to spend your day driving to the courthouse and fighting a legitimate ticket, on the off chance that it might get thrown out based on... pity... would you do it?

I wouldn't. Not for 20 bucks. Lawyers charge $200 to do that, over and over again, so at least it's worthwhile for them.

Hell, I'd pay $20 for the privelage of avoiding the whole task.... which is basically what he's faced with. Pay the $20 and move on with life, making sure to not break the law again in the future and have to repeat the whole ordeal.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #38
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Hell, even on your own clock...

Let me ask this... if someone were to pay you $20 to spend your day driving to the courthouse and fighting a legitimate ticket, on the off chance that it might get thrown out based on... pity... would you do it?

I wouldn't. Not for 20 bucks. Lawyers charge $200 to do that, over and over again, so at least it's worthwhile for them.

Hell, I'd pay $20 for the privelage of avoiding the whole task.... which is basically what he's faced with. Pay the $20 and move on with life, making sure to not break the law again in the future and have to repeat the whole ordeal.
you can pay tickets online http://www.paytickets.ca/. take about a minute! i'd rather spend an hour on the phone voicing my opinion to city, that is because I value my the guests come to my house to spend time with me. after all we don't we live a free country?
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #39
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
you can pay tickets online http://www.paytickets.ca/. take about a minute!
Thanks for proving my point. Paying the ticket and moving on with life is infinitely easier than spending a day in court for the sake of $20.

Quote:
i'd rather spend an hour on the phone voicing my opinion to city, that is because I value my the guests come to my house to spend time with me. after all we don't we live a free country?
Oh, you can talk to the city all you want, but again... That's. Not. The. Point.

Law is made. Law is broken. Fine is imposed. The end.

If you want to start a thread about whether or not there should be parking enforcement on residential streets, and whether the by-law has any useful purpose... go right ahead. But that's not what this thread is about.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #40
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Paying the ticket and moving on with life is infinitely easier than spending a day in court for the sake of $20.

Oh, you can talk to the city all you want, but again... That's. Not. The. Point.

Law is made. Law is broken. Fine is imposed. The end.
If you want to start a thread about whether or not there should be parking enforcement on residential streets, and whether the by-law has any useful purpose... go right ahead. But that's not what this thread is about.

FEL is one of thew few who has decent reading comprehension on this board.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #41
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
I just got a $30 parking ticket today on College St., guess what I'm going to do...
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #42
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

um, put it on the next car and hope the driver doesn't read the ticket and pays it?

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #43
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
I just got a $30 parking ticket today on College St., guess what I'm going to do...

BURN IT!

BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Then bitch to us about why you didnt deserve it.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #44
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
No, I paid for it and went on with my life. I'm actually serious too lol, I remember sitting in the bar thinking about this thread and how I was going to get a parking ticket for being there too long.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #45
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
No, I paid for it and went on with my life. I'm actually serious too lol, I remember sitting in the bar thinking about this thread and how I was going to get a parking ticket for being there too long.
You have fallen to the stronghand of the law.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: