Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
Meegis
Banned

And about the address on the ticket, you must really be slow.

Ever look at the back end of your car? How bout the front? You see those metal ontario squares. I believe they are called license plates, or tags?

They don't just hand those out for asthetics.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
Boots R
Boots, not boost

lol at fighting a 20 dollar parking ticket. Also, parking enforcement just puts the address of the nearest house on the ticket.

Seriously, its just 20 bucks. pay the ticket and pick up some kleenex on the way home for your tears
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
AdrianBmW
2nd Gear Member

haha well put Meegis.. i lived by a fire route and had to pay a couple 100$ tickets for mistakes like this one. So do like i did and dont park on the street.

Black Sedan FTW
Active Autowerke Software/ Simota Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake/ LED Angel eyes / 18in' Style M-166
AdrianBmW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
What do you really want me to say? You should be let off because it was an inconvenience for you to follow the rules?

Oh my god, my family has more cars than space for. Well, actually, we have the space, but my lazy ass didn't want to move the car whenever my mother had to go in and out. Sorry buddy, but you have no argument for me or the court.

Can you go into court to fight a speeding ticket and say "Oh yes, I was doing 90 in a 60, but come on, its the principal, I didn't want to slow down. No one else was on the road, so I just sped up"

think about it for a second...

You break a law, you take the responsibility of the consequences.
Quote:

Ever look at the back end of your car? How bout the front? You see those metal ontario squares. I believe they are called license plates, or tags?

You're on your game today. Well done.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #20
sirex
King Sirex

take it to court the cop might not show up...
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Quote:
What do you really want me to say? You should be let off because it was an inconvenience for you to follow the rules?

Oh my god, my family has more cars than space for. Well, actually, we have the space, but my lazy ass didn't want to move the car whenever my mother had to go in and out. Sorry buddy, but you have no argument for me or the court.

Can you go into court to fight a speeding ticket and say "Oh yes, I was doing 90 in a 60, but come on, its the principal, I didn't want to slow down. No one else was on the road, so I just sped up"

think about it for a second...

You break a law, you take the responsibility of the consequences.
It's not so much the inconvenience as it is not being practical. Does it make sense for me to run out and move the car into the driveway only to have to move it an hour or so later so that my mom can go out again? Then have to move it from the driveway yet again when she gets back from getting groceries? And then move it once more after all of this when she goes out at night? I'd be using a whole tank of gas from just starting and turning of the car every damn weekend.

Quote:

Yes, everybody knows that parking enforcement officers carry around computers that can look these up at the drop of a hat... If you have ever seen, city parking enforcement is much different than any cop. I was just wondering if they have any means on them to look up the plates rather than just driving around in a car with a pad of tickets. Simple question, could use a simple answer. Then again, you still really didn't answer the question. Some more useful knowledge from Meegis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots R View Post
lol at fighting a 20 dollar parking ticket. Also, parking enforcement just puts the address of the nearest house on the ticket.
The reason why I asked is because my car was parked between 2 houses. I kind of suspect that it is my neighbour that called it in so I was wondering how they would put my address on there and not the other house beside the car which could just as easily been the owner of the car.

Thanks for the replies everyone. This yet again proves the two sides to Max. The people who are helpful and post to assist and can have intelligent thoughts and the others who post on every thread and are just keyboard warriors with nothing special to really contribute other than belittling comments. I've gotten all I need from anyone that will probably have anything of help to say.

/End thread
Old 11-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
It's not so much the inconvenience as it is not being practical. Does it make sense for me to run out and move the car into the driveway only to have to move it an hour or so later so that my mom can go out again? Then have to move it from the driveway yet again when she gets back from getting groceries? And then move it once more after all of this when she goes out at night? I'd be using a whole tank of gas from just starting and turning of the car every damn weekend.

Yes, everybody knows that parking enforcement officers carry around computers that can look these up at the drop of a hat... If you have ever seen, city parking enforcement is much different than any cop. I was just wondering if they have any means on them to look up the plates rather than just driving around in a car with a pad of tickets. Simple question, could use a simple answer. Then again, you still really didn't answer the question. Some more useful knowledge from Meegis...

The reason why I asked is because my car was parked between 2 houses. I kind of suspect that it is my neighbour that called it in so I was wondering how they would put my address on there and not the other house beside the car which could just as easily been the owner of the car.

Thanks for the replies everyone. This yet again proves the two sides to Max. The people who are helpful and post to assist and can have intelligent thoughts and the others who post on every thread and are just keyboard warriors with nothing special to really contribute other than belittling comments. I've gotten all I need from anyone that will probably have anything of help to say.

/End thread
if your sure that it you're neihbour that ratted your out then just look into ways of anoyying teh **** out of him. He is probably testing you out this way.

my dad had a problem with his neihbour calling the municipal office saying that there is a commercial vehicle being parked on OUR property.

My dad ran gas power woodchipper right next to his living room window for a week straight (from 7am to 9pm). our neighbor is retired so home all the time. never had a problem since
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #23
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

I had the same thing happen at my bro-in-laws last Thanksgiving weekend. Been visiting him for 16 years without issue. It's a hassle but it's one way for them to add to the coffers. I've narrowed it down to two houses buy cannot prove it (yet). Apparently two other cars in the area were tagged as well. If you take it to the places listed at the back of the ticket they can only see how many cars got tagged but are blocked from seeing who called it in.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #24
Meegis
Banned

Quote:

/End thread

Wow, you sound angry, and quite pitiful. I think my input in this thread has been more than valid and you just dont seem to get it.

1) If you think moving the car so often is gonna run you out of gas, why not have your mom park in the street when she is going in and out all day, and just help her out with the groceries and whatever else she may need help with.

2) Stop being a pussy. It is $20, has no effect on you personally, and is less than the WHOLE TANK OF GAS you would have apparently used anyhow.

3) Parking enforcement are equipped not only with the same computers that police cruisers havem but they also have handheld units to which they put good use.

4) You are still questioning what the point of moving your car is when it is so much easier to just leave it in the street. Dude, it is illegal, therefore, it is wrong. If you are too lazy to move it, deal with the consequences. If you don't want the ticket, don't leave the car there. Deal with it.

5) If you think any of the points people are making about "****ing with your neighbour" or finding out who it was and will make any difference, then you have a sad outlook on life from a very small vendictive perspective. Imagine if every time you did something that pissed someone off they retaliated. You'd probably try not to do whatever it was that you did, but then again, you would feel wronged against and the need for revenge.

Look, I am just pointing out the plainly obvious in what you have presented, and quite frankly, the more you argue it, the dumber you look. Pay the fine, suck it up and dont park there.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #25
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I love the threads about the principal of tickets.

You broke the law, the law was enforced.

End of story.
True, however being polite might help.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:

the address on the ticket is just for "location of vehicle when bylaw was broken" purposes. he could have just as easily put your neighbours address on there, and it wouldn't have made a difference.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3 View Post
True, however being polite might help.
I stated facts. I think I was quite nice about it.

I was like "Dude, you ****ing retard, your a dumb ****ing cunt for bitching"

That only came in after when he decided to be upset with me for not "helping"
Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #28
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Good thread. Would read again. A+++++++

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #29
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Why would anyone fight a $20 ticket for a non-moving violation? How much is your time worth?
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #30
344i
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair View Post
Why would anyone fight a $20 ticket for a non-moving violation? How much is your time worth?
Aparently $20 or less.
344i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: