Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-15-2009, 01:21 AM   #1
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Parking ticket on my own street?!

So since my family has 3 different cars and only room for 1 in the garage and 2 on the driveway I parked my car on the road today for most of the day since my mom's car gets priority in the garage and my dad was home all day and was already parked on the opposite side of where my mom parks in the garage. So I parked my car on the road so my mom could go in and out of the garage as she pleased today to get gorceries and the such.

Anyways, I just went out to move my car back into the driveway after my mom got home from going out a few hours ago to see a ticket on my winshield that was issued at 9:39 p.m. for parking on the road for longer than 3 hours... What the hell and how the hell does something like this come about? Since when are these tickets issued? I know they can ticket for parking on the street over night, but I live on a quiet residential street and I get something like this? For all they know, I was over at the house for dinner and was there from 6 until 10 for all they know. It is only for 20 bucks, but its the thought that the can give something like this out that is rediculous. Anyone know how I might be able to fight this if I wanted to? It's just stupid.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
LOSO
2nd Gear Member

Someone reported you
LOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #3
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso View Post
someone reported you
+1...

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
daytona
6th Gear Member

you got enemies on your street.It happen on our street also,our neighbor has a F150 truck he uses for work,and usually its caked in mud and I guess a local homeowner didnt like him parking too close to his/her front driveway all the time so they call parking enforcement on them a few times,now he parks in his driveway.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

3-Hour limit parking bylaw set by your city, pretty much every city has it, but it usually isn't enforced unless someone complains then they go around handing out a bunch of tickets to cars they chalk
Old 11-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #6
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Reported for sure. In my street there a building. Many do not park in their building lot because they leave it on the street. In this case , they save 60 bucks a month. I aften pass and never see parking enforcement. That's because nobody called them. No tickets as well.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Meegis
Banned

I love the threads about the principal of tickets.

You broke the law, the law was enforced.

End of story.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Thanks for that Meegis, no wonder you've hit 3000+ posts with that informative knowledge...

Anyways, I was thinking it was someone reporting me or calling them up. The ticket has my address on it when it was parked between my neighbours house and mine. It could have been either of our cars. Does a parking enforcement agent have the tools to look up the residence of the car owner or what? If not, I am beginning to assume it is my next door neighbour that called it in.

What would you guys say my chances of winning the fight being? If I dispute it you think they would do anything or just throw me out? It's not that I'm cheap and don't want to pay the $20 or anything, its just the principle of the matter. What do they expect me to do, play musical cars all day while me and my parents have to go out at various times during the day and will have to move eachothers cars or co-ordinate where and when to park them? Thats just stupid.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
slimjim
Almost Sideways

^^lol ya basically, thats canada 4 u.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
Steve30
Techno Viking

the parking guy used to always drive by my street until we chased him out. he hasn't been back since.

E36 ///M3 S54
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
Euro_7
3rd Gear Member

my friend got a ticket, because I let them sleep over rather than drive home drunk. But heres the stupid part, when i went to object the ticket I was told I cant, because I was parked next to a highway. They refered to rutherford road as a highway, I guess because its 70km/h. And that Dysantic, is principle for you.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
Haggis
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro_7 View Post
my friend got a ticket, because I let them sleep over rather than drive home drunk. But heres the stupid part, when i went to object the ticket I was told I cant, because I was parked next to a highway. They refered to rutherford road as a highway, I guess because its 70km/h. And that Dysantic, is principle for you.
I thought all roads were considered highways and roads such as the 401 were considered expressways or something like that. Since they call it the highway traffic act
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
atm2000
3rd Gear Member

huh - as a matter of principle? you were parked longer then the three hour time limit, therefore, broke the law. someone ratted you out, if you were parked in toronto, the entire street would've gotten a ticket. it's happen to my street before.

what would you say to the JP without sounding ridiculous - you have zero chance of winning base on what you indicated earlier.
atm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #14
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysantic View Post
Thanks for that Meegis, no wonder you've hit 3000+ posts with that informative knowledge...

Anyways, I was thinking it was someone reporting me or calling them up. The ticket has my address on it when it was parked between my neighbours house and mine. It could have been either of our cars. Does a parking enforcement agent have the tools to look up the residence of the car owner or what? If not, I am beginning to assume it is my next door neighbour that called it in.

What would you guys say my chances of winning the fight being? If I dispute it you think they would do anything or just throw me out? It's not that I'm cheap and don't want to pay the $20 or anything, its just the principle of the matter. What do they expect me to do, play musical cars all day while me and my parents have to go out at various times during the day and will have to move eachothers cars or co-ordinate where and when to park them? Thats just stupid.
What do you really want me to say? You should be let off because it was an inconvenience for you to follow the rules?

Oh my god, my family has more cars than space for. Well, actually, we have the space, but my lazy ass didn't want to move the car whenever my mother had to go in and out. Sorry buddy, but you have no argument for me or the court.

Can you go into court to fight a speeding ticket and say "Oh yes, I was doing 90 in a 60, but come on, its the principal, I didn't want to slow down. No one else was on the road, so I just sped up"

think about it for a second...

You break a law, you take the responsibility of the consequences.
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #15
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
^^^ Well said.

Principle of being caught breaking the law? Funny.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: