Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Judge.. driver kills a member of my family and is acquitted

As you may have read in the 200km/hr BMW case.. I hate douchebags that choose to be unconsiderate of other people or douchebags that just don't obey the law.

http://www.mississauga.com/news/arti...crash#Comments

"The sun glare was the reason...".. Whatever man.. that idiot should have cleared his frosted windows the first place. But I digress.. I honestly think there was a bit of fault both ways, but people need to be careful out there.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
My opinion on the accident....

The road is for cars, not people. Especially in the winter time where roads are icy and driving conditions aren't that great. We've all been forced to walk the street at one point or another, but thats a risk we choose to take. The pedestrian should have been keeping an eye out for vehicles and its not as if he had any intention behind what he did. 26km/hour... it wasn't like he was speeding.

Could it have been avoided by the asshole defrosting all of his windows? Maybe
Could it have been avoided by the pedestrian not using a road as a walkway? Yes.. afterall the road isn't for walking on, no matter what the scenario. I learned that the hard way playing on the road when I was 12 years old, got hit by a jeep. Even after being hit by the car, I don't blame the driver, I shouldn't have been on the road.

Its a hard call. Part of the blame belongs to the city for not clearing sidewalks in a timely manner, but then again the plows can't be everywhere at once.

Horrible accident. My condolences

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Last edited by A~G; 11-11-2009 at 11:06 PM.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
davericher20
black and blue

^^it doesn't say his windshield was frosted, it says the passenger window and rearview mirror was..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #4
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
^^it doesn't say his windshield was frosted, it says the passenger window and rearview mirror was..........
Whatever are you talking about

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #5
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G View Post
My opinion on the accident....

The road is for cars, not people. Especially in the winter time where roads are icy and driving conditions aren't that great. We've all been forced to walk the street at one point or another, but thats a risk we choose to take. The pedestrian should have been keeping an eye out for vehicles and its not as if he had any intention behind what he did. 26km/hour... it wasn't like he was speeding.

Could it have been avoided by the asshole defrosting all of his windows? Maybe
Could it have been avoided by the pedestrian not using a road as a walkway? Yes.. afterall the road isn't for walking on, no matter what the scenario. I learned that the hard way playing on the road when I was 12 years old, got hit by a jeep. Even after being hit by the car, I don't blame the driver, I shouldn't have been on the road.

Its a hard call. Part of the blame belongs to the city for not clearing sidewalks in a timely manner, but then again the plows can't be everywhere at once.

Horrible accident. My condolences
I agree actually... there was fault on both sides. The church didn't plow the sidewalk but can't go after the church... it's too bad since that is the only sidewalk on that road.

26km/hr is debatable imo.. my uncle was thrown 10 feet onto a snowbank.. but hey.. I guess the police are a better judge of speed than me.

I just don't agree with the fact that by moving your head to try to see better, you can get away with being a douchebag in the court of law.. oh well.. I kind expect this outcome based on the bogus justice system we have in Canada.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
sirex
King Sirex

our system is ****ed man... totally ****ed.

you know if you plead ignorance, and really play dumb and act like you didn't know youll get off.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #7
BigD
the misanthropist

"Given the circumstances of that day, I'm not convinced any other driver would have reacted much differently"

LOL uhuh. This judge needs to go on Canada's Worst Driver
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdtx2005 View Post
I agree actually... there was fault on both sides. The church didn't plow the sidewalk but can't go after the church... it's too bad since that is the only sidewalk on that road.

26km/hr is debatable imo.. my uncle was thrown 10 feet onto a snowbank.. but hey.. I guess the police are a better judge of speed than me.

I just don't agree with the fact that by moving your head to try to see better, you can get away with being a douchebag in the court of law.. oh well.. I kind expect this outcome based on the bogus justice system we have in Canada.
even if he was found guilty unless he was some guy with a lengthly crim record or realllll bad drivers record he wouldn't get any time anyways.
at least its not like the guy did it intentionally. sorry about your uncle - rip.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #9
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

26km/h but sent him 10 feet?

I dunno tough case, 50/50 for blame I suppose. Why not at least suspend his lic. for a time to teach him to pull over and clean his view?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #10
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
even if he was found guilty unless he was some guy with a lengthly crim record or realllll bad drivers record he wouldn't get any time anyways.
at least its not like the guy did it intentionally. sorry about your uncle - rip.
oh no.. don't get me wrong... the end goal wasn't to send him to the slammer.. i'd be satisfied if his license was suspended for a few months or something. I just don't like seeing carelessness not being punished
Old 11-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #11
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
26km/h but sent him 10 feet?

I dunno tough case, 50/50 for blame I suppose. Why not at least suspend his lic. for a time to teach him to pull over and clean his view?
yeah... i find that the 26km/hr is suspicious
Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
MiroE36
6th Gear Member

mixed feelings here for me, my condolences none the less.

Also 10 feet sounds about right getting hit at 26 km/h. My buddy hit some kid running across the street right around Steeles and Bayview, (Brebuff school i think its called), he hit the kid going 40 and buddy flew 25 feet.

MiroE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
Fel
Not Banned

10 feet isn't really that far, when you think about it....

Seems like a series of unfortunate circumstances came together to create this incident, which sucks.... blame on both sides for sure.

My condolences for your uncle, never fun to lose a family member to something like this.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G View Post
Whatever are you talking about
upon closer inspection I realize I am way out to lunch on that post.

I thought you were saying he hit him because his front window was frosted....it wasn't.

Really though? If some of the windows were frosted when the cops arrived, theres a slight inclination that all of them were frosted while he was driving isn't there? another 2 minutes with his defroster on and the windshield would be clear before the cops arrive.

I've driven on the 401 with a pitted windshield and couldn't see shit with the sun in my eyes because of the glare.....but I could see the next car 20 feet in front of me........

now if my windshield was frosted I would be completely blind with the sun hitting it.

long shot but I think that's what happened with this guy. There's no way you're completely blind just from the sun. that's what your visor is for.....unless he was going uphill....blegh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.

Last edited by davericher20; 11-12-2009 at 12:55 PM.
davericher20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
rdtx2005
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post

long shot but I think that's what happened with this guy. There's no way you're completely blind just from the sun. that's what your visor is for.....unless he was going uphill....blegh.
which is why i don't believe his bullshit excuse

that road is very straight and facing South.... if he were blinded in the daytime.. then it would have been the driver side window. my unc was walking on the right side.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: